It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night terrors as a child, now different dream anomolies..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
So i used to have night terrors as a child. I would wake up screaming and kicking and screaming. My parents took me to the doc a million times. I never got really solid answers on what the deal was.

Now i have different but similar issues. I wake up and see a spider near my face and i get panicked and jump out of bed with a sort of "awww" loud yell. This happens frequently. It happens almost the same way everytime its really weird. I have had odd encounters.

Any theories floating out there? Anyone else experience this?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Are you seeing an actual spider or dreaming of a spider as you wake up? If its the latter I would assume its the same as a falling dream. That sudden jolt of fear blends the dream with reality and it takes a few moments to decide if you're awake or asleep.
My two cents anyway..

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

That's strange that you never got a straight answer from a doc about night terrors. They aren't all common but common enough to know that there is no real cause for them. At least to my knowledge ...

My son started having them when he was 2. They have slowed down a lot now he's 8. The doc said some kids have them and majority don't. I just cradle my boy and sing to him. He just screams and cries and tries to get away, but I get a good hold so he can't get away...and then he just falls back asleep and doesn't remember anything about it the next day.

I'm not sure what to think about the spider you see. It does seem like maybe you are having a dream and as you wake up you still see this spider. Or do you still see it when you jump up?

I wonder a lot about this house we live in, that's when they started...we rent it. And I've had strange experiences in my sleep here as well.
Anyway speak soon
-nat

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Yeah i have them everywhere i live. I did other things besides scream and fight to. I have woken up and looked people dead in the eyes and then laid back down. I have also woken up screaming at the top of my lungs as an adult.

The spider dreams are unusual. I see the spider in front of my face and then i jump out of bed panicked. I look around and check to see if its crawling. I had the first spider dream when i was about 8.

The weird thing is i am very sensitive. It throws me off when im in social situations because i can tell about what people are thinking but in an emotional state of awareness not like listening to someones thoughts. Also one of the houses i grew up in was haunted by my family. My family ran the house as a butcher shop during the great depression.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Although it's very unsettling, rest assured there are possible scientific explanations.

As a young child and woman, I would have encounters famously known as 'the hag' upon waking. People all over the world for thousands of years have recorded 'waking sightings' including Incubu/Succubi, aliens, demons, ghosts, miscellaneous creatures, etc.

It is related to the phenomenon of sleep paralysis.

It can still cause one to be startled, though.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Yeah the most recent night terror my son had, he looked straight at my eyes..and his were glazed over..he first said 'its so cold down here' then he looked me in the eyes and said ' mom, you are nothing' it sent shivers up me...

Anyway, so you had a spider dream when you were little? Have you ever looked on the web for other similar stories? About spiders in such? Just curious.

I can feel people as well but only when I choose to it seems. I can close off too. So you've had night terrors as an adult? That's really interesting to me and sounds a bit frightening as well. I wonder if the spider means something. I'm sure that's why you asked here.

Speak soon
-nat

Side note... I sure do love your avatar

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Haha thanks. Yours to.

Yes but as an adult they are different and almost creepier. I think it has to do with demons in a sort of manner of speaking or lower level types of vibrations to really generalize it more for objectivity. Im kind of curious the same as you. There was one time that was really scary and its probably a sleep paralysis due to being woken up mid dream state but when i was like 8-10 i was sleeping at my grandmothers house during a thunderstorm. Lightening struck right outside of my window in the middle of the night and i woke up and saw what was kind of spiderish reptilian like face. It scared me so bad i started screaming and i couldnt move out of fear until my uncle came in.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ive read that to but i have had many many super natural encounters and i want to explore that possibility before i rely on science. I tend to find science very close minded and i know how the science world works with ego and philosophy.

Saying that though im still open to it but i choose that as a more secondary option because i do think science has its role.
edit on 28-6-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Totally understandable.

I believe I have had experiences in my life that were spiritual in nature and cannot be explained by science.

Then there are those like my 'waking visions' that I understand to have scientific explanations.

Good luck in your search for answers. I was just hoping to give you some insight that it could very well have a logical explanation but I support your decision to explore options.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Haha, ok. Thanks! Yeah i believe we all have them.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

If ya think it has to do with evil you should cleanse your house. That's what was suggested by a new friend to me today. I'm gonna have to read more of course on this cleansing process but it seems easy enough and not at all against my beliefs...which are kinda all over the place but grounded...if that makes any sense at all.
If ya want me to I'm sure my friend wouldn't mind me sharing the process through a pm message
just let me know.

I've had only one sleep paralysis but it was vampires and I was 10. That sounds pretty scary with what you saw when you were young. And my son just asked me what I was reading, so I told him. And he asked me if I told you that he has night terrors too...I said yes I did. He never remembers his though. He once walked to the door and just stood there and I said ' son, what are you doin' and he looked up and eerily walked back to the bed...

And I agree with you on science explanations ...

-nat

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Wow, i just found this on google search! LOL!

Spiders thread.

Wow, this is an interesting phenomenon try googling ethereal spiders.
edit on 28-6-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Seems like a lot of people are having this same issue. To me thats indicative of something super natural. Otherwise we all suffer from the same issue which is undiagnosed. I however have had extremely spiritual and other worldy experiences in dream states so i associate anything in a dream state especially anything that is common as such.

top topics

join