It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The global campaign to curb obesity and everything you do!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Yeah that's right.

The government thinks they own you! Not only that but they think that they are a better parent than you can or ever will be. But it's not to say your a bad parent. It's to say that when your children aren't under your direct supervision they can do whatever they want with your kids. All in the name of obesity.

Use that's right no longer will your child have a choice to pay for a product be it a Gatorade, coca cola or a chocolate chip cookie loaded with calories.

Nope from now on its only the best, granola and fruit!

Government always knows whats best and now your their bitch!

Sayanora calories say hello to your new friend the government who cares about your health and well being so don't question the people spying on you they're just looking out for your best interest.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
They should of taken junk food out of school vending machines years ago.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chargeit

They are talking about replacing sports drinks like Gatorade out and replacing them with diet sodas and granola bars. It has nothing to do with junk food it's all about money and power.

Aspartame iis way worse for you than sugar. Granola bars are great if your on the trail and can't pack a lot.

But last I checked your opinion is of no value when it comes to my own children, I guess they will be packing lunches until that becomes illegal too.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
Not only that but they think that they are a better parent than you can or ever will be.

Let's see.

Use that's right no longer will your child have a choice to pay for a product be it a Gatorade, coca cola or a chocolate chip cookie loaded with calories.

So that is your opinion? It's your child's choice?
In that case, yes, "they" are a better parent than you.

Obviously a child should be able to choose what he/she wants, but if there is a weight issue involved, then clearly one hasn't stepped in.
With choices come responsibility. Obesity is a sign that maybe the parents cannot balance this.

Sayanora calories say hello to your new friend the government who cares about your health and well being so don't question the people spying on you they're just looking out for your best interest.

Helping you not to be obese if you're not capable of doing it yourself is quite kind.
So is stopping people from blowing you up.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Aspartame is an excitotoxin. It messes with some people, but the excess sugar is definitey more of a problem facing society.

They're not forcing anything. You can choose to bring whatever you want. They're attempting to shape your options because most people obviously don't choose wisely on their own.

I'm almost 31 and doing an eight week IF & CRON 40% diet for 8 weeks on super clean foods just to get the 6 pack.

Most people are overweight or obese and although some people got the poo end of the stick genetically (or even due to epigenetics) most are merely slothful.

It's a well intended move, but the diet soda should be replaced with unsweet tea, imo.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

where did you read anything about gatorade being taken out for diet soda. From what I read on you link it said there would be no caffine drinks except in high school and I didn't see anything about gatorade at all.

I don't see the big deal either. They only talk about what food the school will serve and sell on campus to kids. You can still bring whatever crappy food you want to eat with you, they just aren't going to have it for sell in the stores or cafeteria on site.

And what is your problem with granola bars anyway??

I do agree with you on the aspertame though....that crap is poison...

edit on 27-6-2013 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

Yes it's a choice for them for I can not control them when I am not around and I don't wish to be the kind of self obsorbed parent that tries to police everything they do. My only hope is to teach them to make responsible choices and become self reliant. Not to be told what to eat and dependent on government.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

That's the thing though. They're not telling people what to eat. You're outright lying with that statement. You perceive the government as if an angry father figure. I'm guessing you've got issues elsewhere.
edit on 28-6-2013 by QuantriQueptidez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantriQueptidez

Gee I don't know. But I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that you are against gmo foods. But your also ok with the government regulating what is available to kids at school.

Am I right?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Misdirection.

Please address your lies first.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

What lies?

You mean the misdirection of yours where you did not address the topic but instead resorted to a personal attack?

You really think I am that stupid that I am going to play this game with you?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
jEEZUS YOU PEOPLE ARE RE ARRANGING DECK CHAIRS AGAIN....
tHEY-THE GOV BOYS ARE DEFINATELY WORKING ON MAKING YOU ALL ALIKE AS POSSIBLE....
tHEY SAVE MONEY ON SKINNY PEOPLE,
THUS THE MENUS....
tHEY DONT CARE IF YOU EAT BUCKETS OF ASPARTAME, THEY ALL HAVE STOCK IN THE COMPANY.....

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Seriously??

Let's try this again....

where did you read anything about gatorade being taken out for diet soda. From what I read on you link it said there would be no caffine drinks except in high school and I didn't see anything about gatorade at all. I don't see the big deal either. They only talk about what food the school will serve and sell on campus to kids. You can still bring whatever crappy food you want to eat with you, they just aren't going to have it for sell in the stores or cafeteria on site. And what is your problem with granola bars anyway??

Those were my first questions for you....

Here is my current argument...
You said they are regulating what is available for your kids to eat at school. That is FALSE. They are regulating what they can sell your kids at school. They can bring anything they want or go outside of the school and get it, but they just can't buy it there.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

In my first post I addressed the topic.

You continued to lie, so I called you out.

Instead of being an adult, you misdirected.

You lied in the OP. I'll quote you:

Yeah that's right.

The government thinks they own you! Not only that but they think that they are a better parent than you can or ever will be. But it's not to say your a bad parent. It's to say that when your children aren't under your direct supervision they can do whatever they want with your kids. All in the name of obesity.

The bolded is a lie.

You continue to lie:

They are talking about replacing sports drinks like Gatorade out and replacing them with diet sodas and granola bars. It has nothing to do with junk food it's all about money and power.

That is your opinion, and a false one. In what way does replacing gatorade with diet soda and granola bars equate to "money and power".

Yes, I now think you're pretty stupid.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It shouldn't be right for the government to tell kids and their parents what they can and can't eat but jeez there are an awful lot of obese kids with obese parents or simply lazy parents and its an unhealthy way to live.
Parents are literally slowly killing their kids with sugar. I think sweets in moderation are fine but why do kids need soda and junk food in school.

If they were going into homes and cleaning out cupboards then I'd see a problem, but I dontsee a problem in this otherwise.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

I apologize but this stupid Charles Schwab ad keeps pooping up and blocking the article. But I read it earlier today and it was ny times. It does not specifically say Gatorade, but the whole thing isn't about Gatorade anyways. It will drive up costs to school foods. It's not going to help anyone.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

What are you the government spokesperson?

You're only aspiration in life is to have six pack abs?

And you promote aspartame as something that is supposedly better than something natural?

Sorry but I smell a loser.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

But last I checked your opinion is of no value when it comes to my own children, I guess they will be packing lunches until that becomes illegal too.

I fail to see how your paranoia diluted opinion matters for the millions of other kids in our educational system. I'd be willing to bet, 85% of the population sees this as a positive move.

Your view is the one in the minority. Why let your obsessions harm others kids?
edit on 28-6-2013 by Chargeit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I don't care about your kids . I'm not a politician so I'm gonna give it to you straight.

I heard of this thing it was called mind y.o.f.b.

You might think America has an obesity problem but that doesn't give you or anyone else the right to try to control everybody!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

What are you the government spokesperson?

No. Another mindless assumption.

You're only aspiration in life is to have six pack abs?

Interesting how simple minded you are.

And you promote aspartame as something that is supposedly better than something natural?

Now now, that's not what I said. I said it only seems to have negative effects on a small portion of the population. I also said excess sugar consumption is causing more harm to society.

You see. You're projecting. It's you who is attempting to control other people by shaping their options. You do this with lies. That you don't see it in yourself, is exactly why you are so against what you perceive to be happening. It's because it's not out there, it's within you, and you just can't stand that part of yourself. Very easy to see from my point of view.

Sorry but I smell a loser.

You have magical smell, as I'm outside your distance to pick up my scent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join