It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just read this and im in tears now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767

Does that really matter at all as the words are True and reflect a universal truth about the way our culture treats the elderly were in former years the old received more respect at least in tribal society's whom recognised there years of experience as truly of worth and there knowledge as wisdom.

Were ever it came from it truly touches the soul of the reader and makes one think so if it was recirculated it was for a damn good cause and I admire whom ever did so, they have claimed no credit but used if for it's original purpose and I doubt the original author would object.

how can you talk about universal truth when this simple poem is being enhanced by lies? how dare you assume that the originator of this work would not be upset their work is being encompassed in a lie.

'the words are true' ? really. what does anyone on this planet know about truth?

words are not true. they are created by man. words will never touch your soul.

it is only when you stop reading, put down the words, and look inside yourself that truth will be revealed to you. no books , no words, no ideas that have been implanted in your head , manipulation you have suffered all the time you have spent here. leave it all behind and look inside for the key to unlock truth.

enough of this emotional manipulative nonsense.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

So you advocate a totally un educated existence as a method of achieving inner enlightenment, what a load of absolute to put it nicely self righteous twaddle.
The poem was written by someone whom had observed or even suffered this and so wrote it from THERE heart so how dare you deny that this should be used for it's original and self stated purpose of making the reader wonder, would you rather this poem was lost to the world and only a few scholars would read it in a dusty old tome somewhere, what has been done here is to use it in it's actual context to highlight the plight of the elderly and as some one whom has seen there loved one's suffer such I must ask you with no small amount of anger in my heart (I am very much in touch believe me) HOW DARE YOU.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
why do humans always turn themselves into victims?

i have suffered and its not fair.

i have watched others suffering and this has caused me suffering and its not fair.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

We do not always turn ourselves into victims but the circumstance we may find ourselves in may be unfair, the society of the 20th and 21st century's has been polluted by the self destructive mental attitude of the consumer society were throwing out the old is actually encouraged and that mind set has insinuated itself even into our social existence and our regard for the elderly, we no longer have time and are always in a rush on this road to nowhere that we are on and unless we slow the pace of our society and the nature of our attitude to the elderly down and start to respect ourselves by respecting them we face a truly bleak future.

Weather religious or not the following one of the Ten commandments must be thought on and here is it's complete translation.

Honour your father and your mother that you may live a long life.

Usually abbreviated to Honour your father and your mother. Which put's it out of context as it mean's the next generation is responsible for the former generation as there children will be for them and this is why many cultures and our own in the past put such value on a large family.

edit on 1-7-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join