It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A list of the worst dictators of the planet.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   
1. Kim Jong-il (North Korea)
2. King Fahd and Prince Abdullah (Saudi Arabia)
3. Saddam Hussein
4. Charles Taylor (Liberia)
5. Than Shwe (former Burma, now Myanmar)
6. Teodoro Obiang Nguema (Equatorial Guinea)
7. Saparmurat Niyazov (Turkmenistan)
8. Muammar Gaddafi (Libya)
9. Fidel Castro (Cuba)
10. Alexander Lukashenko (Belarus)

That list was provide by the Pravda.So, I don't wonder why we don't see Putin on the list.

More : Link

[Edited on 16-5-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Putin wouldn't be considered a dictator, now would he? He is a duely elected leader, whe5ther you agree with his politics or not.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Putin wouldn't be considered a dictator, now would he? He is a duely elected leader, whe5ther you agree with his politics or not.

Right. But he's a former hardcore KGB Colonel and it reminds me a former little WW1 German corporal.....

I hope he's not lunatic and psychotic as the corporal was.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Listen, don't take what I say as gospel, after I voted for Bush '41 instead of demanding a re-deal of the cards, but I don't think Putin is another Hitler. Whatever his longrange goals are, I think they were designed by a sane man, even if we don't agree with them.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
1. Kim Jong-il (North Korea)
2. King Fahd and Prince Abdullah (Saudi Arabia)
3. Saddam Hussein
4. Charles Taylor (Liberia)
5. Than Shwe (former Burma, now Myanmar)
6. Teodoro Obiang Nguema (Equatorial Guinea)
7. Saparmurat Niyazov (Turkmenistan)
8. Muammar Gaddafi (Libya)
9. Fidel Castro (Cuba)
10. Alexander Lukashenko (Belarus)

That list was provide by the Pravda.So, I don't wonder why we don't see Putin on the list.

More : Lien

Where are the rest of the presidents of the world???
I miss a lot of people on that list, at least every president of every country in this planet has been a dictator, well they look like dictators, and they must act like them, but they also got a boss to listen to

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Listen, don't take what I say as gospel, after I voted for Bush '41 instead of demanding a re-deal of the cards, but I don't think Putin is another Hitler. Whatever his longrange goals are, I think they were designed by a sane man, even if we don't agree with them.

Sure, I know Putin is NOT a new Hitler.

But I also know he's a former hardcore communist and hardcore communists are not especially very democratic peoples by nature. It just was my meaning.

P.S : CoLD aNGeR, I agree with you. Fortunately, they didn't put El Presidente on their list.

[Edited on 15-5-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I don't see Edi Amin on that list.

Really Castro makes the list and Edi gets the boot.

Not a reliable list as far as I concerned.

VzH

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 04:22 AM
link   
i don't see Chirac............

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 05:01 AM
link   
"P.S : CoLD aNGeR, I agree with you. Fortunately, they didn't put El Presidente on their list.
"

That's 'cause its a given

XAOS

dom

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I think they forgot Tony Blair. Stick him next to Castro. Hopefully he will actually let us vote him out sometime soon, but you never know... Certainly doesn't care what the British people think, classic dictator manerisms, more like Mussolini than Hitler though.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I'm amazed to see Castro and the Turkmen and Belarus guys on a Pravda list.
And the appalling Mugabe?

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The stupidest dictator of all time has to be Idi Amin Dada of Uganda. Here are 2 of his speaches :

• After a luncheon hosted by the Queen in London in his honour, the former Ugandan leader Idi Amin had this to say for his vote of thanks.

"Mr Queen, Sir, Horrible Ministers, invented guests, ladies under gentlemen. I thank the Queen very plenty for what he has done to me. I tell you, I have eaten so much that I am now fed up with malicious meal.

Before I continue, I would kindly ask you to open the windows so that the climate may get in plenty. But before I go back I must invert Mr Queen to my country and I can assure you, Mr Queen that when you come, I shall revenge to you. You will eat a full cow and I will work very difficult to make sure that you will come back with a very full stomach.

For now I am sorry that I have just made a short call on you. The next time I will make a long one possible for a full moon. Thank you for letting me undress you in front of all the disgusting people."

• "Ladies and Women, my beloved husbands and men in this general assembly I am thank you very difficult for your kind to forgive me this hour to talk about Africa and my country which is in Uganda. First I am Field MArshal Dr Al Haj Idi Amin Dada the life President of my country I am apologised because I have not deaded Archbishop Jamani Luwum when so many people tell me so many questions about him. His death on my behalf was happened with accident which was in the car when he walked with it. So again let me teach that as far as I am knowing and even the two Ministers all Oboth-Ofumbi and Oryema was all of the two deaded in one of that very accident. So I am not mistake you see.

Another words is for the order in my country in Uganda. The Press Newsmen which you can all look them here will wanted to know the law orders of my country. They have enquiring me many questions on because my policemen don't catch people in court while they have just them lost them on the way. No this is not the right yet all of them who are catched by my fellow policemen are removed for court. When the court does not find them good enough and tis them with all mistakes beginning from one month to ten years with even above. So we attempt people in court before we die them in prisons and those you understand about them dead are if they travel with care and they don't find control and miss in the bush where they previously dead themself as my men invent their death. Uganda is a peace loving brother country when people enjoy as is they are in another country. This is the true about one country.

Dr Kurt Waldheim you are very beautiful in one of these husbands. I think you are this beauty to look what is going in South Africa and Rhodesia. I am sending two hours to whites as if they choose freedom to African Brothers or you will not blame me and I take a wondering action to blow them.

Lass of that I am thank your lunch which is smelly good. I am again fed up with it and I have admitted to revenge when bothe of you are invented by Uganda. Thank you very hard an we shall collide everywhere else in internal."

When the Queen later asked the journalists present what on earth Amin had said, they replied that it was in a language similar to English, but that was all they could say.

I believe that he also worshipped Hitler and commissioned a statue in Entebbe commerating the holocaust.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
I'm amazed to see Castro and the Turkmen and Belarus guys on a Pravda list.
And the appalling Mugabe?

I agree I'm suprised too. Especially after Jimmy Carter thinks so much of old Fidel.

Yeah, I guess Mugabe is justified through the political correctness ideology in mass mudering the only people in his country that know how to grow food. Wonder who he'll turn to for aid when he gets hungry?

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
you're quite right, astro-c: it's a pretty PC list.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
wheres George W. I don't recall him getting voted to office?! Did you forget to add Bush UP? I know I didn't vote him in. Did anyone here? No, didnt think so.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Sigh. Advisor, your slip is showing. Pull your skirt down and quit whining. The election was IAW the law and the constitution. Stop believing the losers' drivel. While I love a good political mudsling, it has to be within the realm of reality.

Speaking of reality, did I miss Blair's coup that took the leadership, as well as the dismissal of the rest of the British political system?

IMO, Idi does deserve a place in the annals of horror as he truly earned it.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Speaking of reality, did I miss Blair's coup that took the leadership, as well as the dismissal of the rest of the British political system?

No you didn't miss it. You know why you didn't miss it?
Because it never happened.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
"I'm amazed to see Castro and the Turkmen and Belarus guys on a Pravda list"

I was going to make the same comment....

Of course, by "worst" dictator, they probably mean credit risk...

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
wheres George W. I don't recall him getting voted to office?! Did you forget to add Bush UP? I know I didn't vote him in. Did anyone here? No, didnt think so.

Look, it's not *my* personnal list. Did you read the article ? There is a link in my first post. May be u can click on it ?

Also, I agree with Estragon. Strange to see these names on a Pravda list and that's why I did the topic.

P.S : Idi Amin was not only a tyrant.He also was a cannibal !

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

I voted for G.W.
By the way, which candidate brought the 2000 election case to the courts? I'll give ya a hint, it wasn't G.W. Bush.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join