It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pain: A Blessing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Pain is evil from a human point of view,
but it is good from a supernatural perspective.

It increases the merits of just people,
who accept it without rebelling or despairing,
rather, they offer it,
as they offer themselves with a peaceful resignation.

It is used by them as a sacrifice.

A sacrifice to expiate their own imperfections and the faults of the world,
and it is a redemption for those who are not good.

You ought not to curse pain,
but bless it,
and you should call it "grace" and "mercy".

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Wait till you have gall stones or a heart attack then you will see how pain is a blessing. Over the years I have been hit by cars, shot, stabbed, and broken bones and never once did I think hey pain is a good thing.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Wait till you have gall stones or a heart attack then you will see how pain is a blessing. Over the years I have been hit by cars, shot, stabbed, and broken bones and never once did I think hey pain is a good thing.
what is your nickname LUCKY i bet insurance companys love you .

to the op jeebus must love me he blessed me with sciatica

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I hate to say it but we do live in upside down backwards reflection. Our only hope considering our past is that the op is right and somehow we will benefit from the suffering later on down the road. Now if we could just figure out what is love and charity that gets us through the pain then we will living for the spirit. Also we might want to think about the eternal image we carry with us after we die.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
must remember this thread next time i hear somebody is in agony

i will tell them god loves them .

i will be beaten sensless but pain is a blessing
i will just call a doctor
edit on 27/6/13 by billdadobbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
I hate to say it but we do live in upside down backwards reflection. Our only hope considering our past is that the op is right and somehow we will benefit from the suffering later on down the road. Now if we could just figure out what is love and charity that gets us through the pain then we will living for the spirit. Also we might want to think about the eternal image we carry with us after we die.

I'm like a broken record on this, but suffering is simple. Taking reward ends with suffering as a result. Suffering first ends with reward as a result. There is a direction. Generalize this with any example you want and the rule and law of returns hits us all mathematically the same. If you smoke, health fades as a result. Taking always leaves a debt to be paid. If you work out in a gym, health improves. Giving always leads to reward. It's a direction. Take the correct path and develop reward and surplus. Take the wrong path and you end up with 17 trillion in debt and a broken country.

Suffering first is a good thing. Suffering is the point of life if you get the direction correct.

edit on 28-6-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Im glad you changed your theory from "if you smoke, you get cancer"

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

As a general rule, you do get cancer. Not all cancer manifests to sickness, but smoking triggers the cancer cells already present in the body. It's a generalization we can extend to any example you want. Eat too much and you get fat. I eat too much, but I am not a fat person. Again, it's a generalization. If I would eat less, I would be skinnier than I am. Taking fits into the golden mean as a rule. We all take to a certain extent. Both the thieves on the cross were criminals. Only one was pardoned and it didn't happen because of his actions. It happened because of faith and respect for the one in the middle (Mean).

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

We can take this a step further. God is invariable. In physics, this is the principle of symmetry with the five shapes in nature. From any angle, they are the same. Perspective sees them the same way from any direction. God is invariable, yet the weak nuclear force does not seem to follow the laws of symmetry. In quantum mechanics, this is because the strong force (Proton and Neutron) are mirrored symmetrically. A Proton has two up quarks and one down. A Neutron has two down quarks and one up. They are mirrored, just as Christ is the image of God and invariable (Fullness of God). The Electron (-) is the weak force that is captured by the two strong forces. The same reason suffering is necessary is the same reason the Electron is the free range element and the Proton and Neutron are the ones we revolve around in balance with nature. Imbalance causes a correction from the stronger force.

Compare this to the two thieves on the cross. One repented. The prodigal comes home. One did not repent and was cast away. Entanglement requires we are one with what we are entangled with. Some choose to walk away. Suffering happens to both.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Im not sure we can consider pain as a blessing though...

Necessary perhaps... and in some cases a good thing as you've said, but mostly not.

I would say it is a teaching "device" if anything...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Im not sure we can consider pain as a blessing though...

Necessary perhaps... and in some cases a good thing as you've said, but mostly not.

I would say it is a teaching "device" if anything...

Poe said it best. In his muse, "Mesmeric Revelation," he outlines the questions asked to a man on his death bed. The man in question was hypnotized so that his answers would be gleaned from his vision of death's doorway. Here is the answer to what you state above. Of course, this is a muse of Poe and not actual fact, but the intuition he had with this speaks volumes to what I consider the point of suffering.

"P. But to what good end is pain thus rendered possible?

V. All things are either good or bad by comparison. A sufficient analysis will show that pleasure in all cases, is but the contrast of pain. Positive pleasure is a mere idea. To be happy at any one point we must have suffered at the same. Never to suffer would have been never to have been blessed. But it has been shown that, in the inorganic life, pain cannot be; thus the necessity for the organic. The pain of the primitive life of Earth, is the sole basis of the bliss of the ultimate life in Heaven."

From the Midrash, we get this:

"Future bliss can neither be imagined, explained, nor described. We know nothing of its nature, form, greatness, or beauty, its quantity or quality. This much one should know, the phrase, "the world to come," does not imply that it is a world yet to be called into existence; it exists already, but the phrase is employed to describe the life into which those who are in the present stage of existence will be transposed when they throw off this mortal coil."

From the Bible, this:

1 Corinthians 2

However, as it is written: "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared for those who love him--

---For me, it is easy to see why the reflecting point of the image of God is necessary for the return to the source of the image perfected.

edit on 28-6-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I tell you what I'll give you my wife’s migraines and nerve pain 24/7 and let's see how blessed you feel ok? When you star puking from normal light and sounds from the migraines then tell me how blessed you are. When you can't walk more than a few feet at a time because of the sciatic nerve pain you can tell me how blessed you are. You could not walk a block in my wife’s shoes without wanting to give it all up and kill yourself.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

Okay and I'll give you my brothers, sisters, father, and mother who are constantly feuding and living on the streets with drug and alcohol problems, suicidal words, disgusting habits, fears, and constant restlessness.

I'll trade you the empathy and you dive right into my home, and you can be the one who seeks peace that cannot be found.

You are not the only one with pain my friend.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Would you consider their living conditions and social problems their pain to be a blessing? I know my wife is not the only one but to say that pain is a blessing is from someone who has not lived with physical, emotional, spiritual pain in their lives. I have no sympathy or patience for people who make such ignorant statements about pain being a blessing.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Originally posted by buster2010

Well, it kept you alive, didn't it? If it weren't for the pain you probably wouldn't even know anything was wrong. it is the pain that helped you to realize that something was "off" and made you go to the hospital to heal.

Pain is there for survival, to keep the body alive.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

Would you consider their living conditions and social problems their pain to be a blessing? I know my wife is not the only one but to say that pain is a blessing is from someone who has not lived with physical, emotional, spiritual pain in their lives. I have no sympathy or patience for people who make such ignorant statements about pain being a blessing.

"Would you consider their living conditions and social problems their pain to be a blessing?"

I would consider it the effects and consequences of their actions, but I wrote such because it is my biggest pains. My love for them is wasted although I cannot give up, I love them too much.

"I have no sympathy or patience for people who make such ignorant statements about pain being a blessing."

Well do not think that you are the only person to know pain or to think you have the worst pain. I made no such accusations.

Each and every person has pain and I am just trying to state that it is a blessing although it is mainly considered a curse.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Wow .. that's hard core Roman Catholic .. right from the monasteries of old Europe.

I used to try to think that way. See everything as having a greater meaning or a purpose. Even extreme pain and illness. But then I had a kidney stone (I'd rather die than go through that again) ... and I got chronically ill with autoimmune and neuropathy and other issues ... and now I no longer feel that way. It was easy to think like that when I was healthy. But ... not anymore.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I really don't feel blessed having kidney stones, SEVERE autoimmune fatigue, irregular heart beats, difficulty breathing, eye pressure issues (Glaucoma suspect), dyscalculatia, depression, leukopenia, bursitis of the left shoulder, joint and tendon pain from autoimmune, Sjogrens symptoms, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, bruises at the drop of a dime, and neuropathy of just about everything in the body (including intestines from time to time).

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Wow .. that's hard core Roman Catholic .. right from the monasteries of old Europe.

Thankyou, I'm glad you liked it.

"I used to try to think that way. See everything as having a greater meaning or a purpose. Even extreme pain and illness. But then I had a kidney stone (I'd rather die than go through that again) ... and I got chronically ill with autoimmune and neuropathy and other issues ... and now I no longer feel that way. It was easy to think like that when I was healthy. But ... not anymore. "

--F.F.

You might have let the icy claws of doubt get to you, don't try to build the world around you, let God build His Kingdom within you.

I have trust that all of my pain is part of His plan, and the fulfilling of the destiny He has for me. Each groan makes me more humble and ascetic so I feel it is working even if it goes against my flesh. The will of the flesh opposes the will of the Spirit, so expect the flesh to rebel when you are cultivating your spirit to grow.

edit on 093131p://111 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

edit on 093131p://111 by backcase because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join