It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Do You Side With Here?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSpanishArcher
reply to post by Wonderer2012

You truly don't get it do you?

I get it better than you think. A pig lied his ass off and I'm getting screwed for it, RIGHT NOW! I completely understand what the hell is going on.

As for me being the cause of divisiveness, I'm not the one killing indiscriminately, arresting people for non-violent victimless crimes, firing/tazing/pepper spraying non-violent peaceful protesters or protecting the governments/corporate interests at the cost of freedom for all who live in this country.

Apologize all you want for the pigs, you have that right. I will disagree with you until the end of days, which I'd bet aren't too far in the future.

I'm sorry but if this police brutality was as widespread as you claim, then the country would be in revolution already.

Yes, I know there are bad apples out there serving in the police, but they ARE a minority.

For now anyway.

By seeing it as THEM VS US you've already lost the game, because TPTB want us divided on as many things as possible.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
Just come across this video on youtube. Basically, a man is in his car filming the police, what I can gather from the video is that the man in the car is following the police officer around for no apparent reason. Here's the video-

Towards the end of the video, the cop loses it but I'm of the opinion, on this occasion, that the man following the officer around is looking for trouble.

I'm also of the opinion that it is douche bags like this that give the 'conspiracy' crowd a bad name. "Oh look at me, I know my rights so I will aggravate a police officer trying to do his job, look how awake and clever I am!!"

There are good police officers and bad ones the same as all walks of life, that does not give this clown the right to follow a police officer around filming him and purposely aggravating him. I don't understand it.

Thoughts?

There are no good cops. There are no bad cops. There are only cops. If you trust them, oh well.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by Wonderer2012

There is no good or bad, there is only difference of opinion in a situation like this. If you share the officers point of view you make a criminal out of the citizen. If you share the citizens point of view, you make a criminal out of the officer.

What you need to consider is this.......... Was the citizen in this video within his rights? Would it be needed in today's America to do this, if officers of the law followed the law to begin with? As the amount of private citizens per year that are subjected to unjust arrests, taserings and excessive legal financial burden because there is no oversight on arrests and subsequent dismissals through the court process were taking place?

Some police are good and some are bad but it doesn't take more than SOME in today's information age to question the system because it should't happen to anyone. There is zero oversight in most police forces, they can falsely arrest, detain and jail you and the only recourse you have is to pay thousands of dollars too a lawyer to get the charges dropped, after I may add you pay bond, and try to repair the damage an arrest does to your background check that you have to apply to to get almost any job these days.

The power they hold without the proper checks and balances is absurd and people doing this kind of thing are not doing it to poke one specific officer, they are doing it to outline why the system is hopelessly flawed in it's current state.
edit on 27-6-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

You make some great points.

I just don't think this example demonstrates this because the man in question has been following the officer around filming him. As others have said, this would be quite worrying for a police officer trying to do his job. The man in question is looking for a confrontation IMO.

That said, if I saw police brutality taking place, then I think I would be inclined to film it, it would be just to do so because we entrust police officers with our security and do not expect them to abuse their power.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The question is who we side with.
I don't like either of them.

I feel like a citizen should be empowered enough to film the police.
But it would hold more water if he thought the cop was up to no good.
Just baiting a cop is a bad idea.

However... Everyone should feel comfortable enough to take
out their smart phone shoot video of a cops questionable behavior.
We should NOT have to live in fear of public servants.
Things do go much better when they are worried (legally)
about what law abiding citizens will do.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join