It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Touts Kenyan Program to Obtain National ID Cards for Voter Registration

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I just don't know what to say to this.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

I apologize, it seems like my earlier post sounded stereotypical, so I added a few things that require I.D that covers the rest:
Get a job.
Get an apartment.
Rent a house.
Turn utilities on.
Turn cable on.
Go to a hospital.
Rent a car.
Turn on home phone service.
Rent a movie.
Get a prescription filled.

We have to show ID in this country for everything...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Some people simply cannot afford an ID.

Dont worry. States are willing to give people free ones.

MONTGOMERY, Alabama -- Voters without photo identification will have two options for getting a free ID from the state before the state's new photo voter ID law kicks in next year, Secretary of State Beth Chapman announced today.

State announces plan for free IDs under new photo voter ID law

FREE Wisconsin ID cards for voting If you are a U.S. citizen, will be at least 18 years of age by the next election, and would like a Wisconsin ID card to vote (although it's not currently required), please check the ID for FREE box when completing the MV3004 (Wisconsin Identification Card (ID) application) or when applying online. Otherwise, please pay the required fee. DMV customer service centers accept cash, checks, most debit cards and the following credit cards: MasterCard, American Express and Discover. For online transactions, we accept most credit cards.

Obtaining an identification (ID) card

Whats going to be your NEXT excuse?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Wisconsin doesn't have enough illegals to make that fight worth their while.... yet

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by HauntWok

So why is voter ID good in Kenya, and so bloody evil here?

Because the people of Kenya aren't targeting a people with Voter ID laws based solely on their ethnicity, just based on their residency.

How are voter ID laws targeting ethnicity ?

People that drive has a drivers license.

People that buy liquor have a valid ID.

People that buy tobacco have a valid ID.

People that have a job have a valid ID.

People that have a bank account have a valid ID.

People on any type of public assistance have a valid ID.

And so on and so on......

What (if any) specific ethnic groups don't have a valid ID in the USA ?

If there are any, are they eligible to vote ?

Those are all services and choices. Voting is a right.
It blows my mind how you people still haven't figured out the difference,

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPlow

but those that can vote are constrained by certain criteria. what is the point of having restrictions on who is eligible to vote when nothing is done to make sure those who vote meet the requirements?

voting is a right...just as one has the right to buy alcohol and tobacco. all three actions should require ID, doubly so for voting.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by MrPlow

but those that can vote are constrained by certain criteria. what is the point of having restrictions on who is eligible to vote when nothing is done to make sure those who vote meet the requirements?

voting is a right...just as one has the right to buy alcohol and tobacco. all three actions should require ID, doubly so for voting.

The right to buy alcohol and tobacco can be taken from you...thus, they are not rights. They are privileges. Privileges that are afforded to you if you are living in a country/state/city that can afford to provide such commerce.

The state I live in (in the U.S.) - we have a RIGHT, an absolute RIGHT to vote under our state constitution and that right is protected by the Federal constitution.
Let me give you an example here....in my state- if you are homeless, you can still register to vote simply by using a homeless shelter, or a piece of public land as your address.
However, last year, one of the new requirements they tried to introduce was having to show a utility bill to obtain this new voter ID card.
Obviously that would automatically be a hardship for the homeless- as such it stood in the way of that homeless persons right to vote.
edit on 29-6-2013 by MrPlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

As I remember it cost $15 to get a driver's license/ID back home in Florida. I bet those groups that "can't afford" a voter ID could afford a simple ID card.

This being so, there is no need for a separate voter ID really. Just put a note of some kind on the card to show that someone is eligible to vote. Or make the driver's license somewhat different for those who are citizens. Here in Germany the ID that German citizens get, doubles as their proof of citizenship (and ID of course), when they go to vote.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPlow

The right to buy alcohol and tobacco can be taken from you...thus, they are not rights.

voting can be taken also, and not because it isn't available.

i have yet to see a state that didn't have a reasonable system for obtaining a voter ID. i have not seen them all, but from what i've seen they will accept many different documents as proof. social security card, birth certificate, things like that.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by madmac5150

Buy cigarettes

Either they don't get carded (I know I don't) or they don't smoke.

Get food stamps

Maybe they don't get food stamps, or someone else in the household gets them for everyone.

Get welfare

See above.

Buy booze

Maybe they don't drink, or they don't get carded (I know I don't)

Drive a car

The bus, or they don't drive, or they drive without a licence.

Get Soc. Sec. benefits

Maybe they don't get social security, or someone else gets them for the family.

Get a fishing license

Maybe they don't fish? Or they fish illegally.

Get Medicare/Medicaid

Again, maybe they don't get medicare/medicaid, or again, someone else in their family does for them.

Then maybe someone else can pay for their I.D. too !!

It's cheap and it guarantees your rights !!

Can't 'afford' an I.D. is a lame excuse.

It's a sucker punch.

If 'they' can't 'afford' it, then something else is wrong.

AND, the bus costs a lot more than an I.D. over a short period of time.

edit on Jun-29-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

reply to post by xuenchen

How are voter ID laws targeting ethnicity ?

Some people simply cannot afford an ID.

A judge has stopped Pennsylvania’s voter identification law, one of the most restrictive in the country, from going into effect on Election Day. Are voter ID laws racist? These laws disproportionately impact Blacks and Latinos, as well as elderly Americans and people with disabilities.

Many observers have said these laws are the 21st century version of Jim Crow. There is a likelihood the Supreme Court eventually will rule on the legality of these laws, which now exist in some form in 30 states and have become more prevalent in the last two years in states with Republican-dominated legislatures.

www.diversityinc.com...

People can't afford an ID? I have plenty of white friends that consistently have more ramen noodles than money ... but they always manage to scrape together $15 to get an ID when the time comes around (every six years). I don't know how much state IDs cost in other states ... but they're not asking for a DL ... just a valid ID.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ok what I am about to say is coming from a white Hispanic American that believes the people of the Earth with darker skin are the superior race and the true humans of the Earth (lighter skin tones are the descendants of Lucifer, or the aliens from the sky that crashed into the Earth and caused it all to split up and then began persecuting and enslaving the real humans which still persists to this day). yea that sounds like quackery but that is my belief and am protected by the 1st amendment to believe it.

Even I don't find voter ID as a requirement racist. In fact I believe its racist to use race as an excuse to bypass identification for voting. How can one be so poor as to not even have an ID?? The only valid excuse I can think of are the homeless. Being against having ID to vote is just stupid IMO. The arguments against it have no valid points. I suppose if you are an illegal who does not carry the right to vote should be allowed to cast a vote??

personally I believe it is high time we remove citizenship at birth and make service to the country mandatory to be a citizen. Anyone else that wants to sit back and complain about how screwed up things are without making any physical effort to make in impact to their community directly can remain civilians. ha maybe I been watching too much Starship Troopers, but the movie portrays what appears to be a better functioning society. Especially co-ed showers

Either way, I see no reason why someone should not be required to prove they are who they are when casting a vote.
edit on 6/29/2013 by DYepes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join