It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Touts Kenyan Program to Obtain National ID Cards for Voter Registration

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

As President Obama and his family continue their tour of Africa, the White House put out a Fact Sheet entitled "U.S. Support for Strengthening Democratic Institutions, Rule of Law, and Human Rights in Sub-Saharan Africa." One of the first items highlighted by the White House is a $53 million program in Kenya that helps young people "obtain National identification cards, a prerequisite to voter registration."

www.weeklystandard.com...

My God the HYPOCRISY is astounding!

Voter ID's are 'RACIST' in America, but no problems giving cash and promoting it in Kenya!

I never ever want to hear about big bad evil right wingers again.

So why is voter ID good in Kenya, and so bloody evil here?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Dear neo96,

I don't know if this is fair to do to you, but I'm not sure whether my comment is serious or joking. The difference is, that in Kenya, Blacks are the majority and run things. It's Ok if a Black government has ID cards, but not if a White government does.

As I say, I can't decide whether to giggle or swear.

With respect,
Charles1952

link   
reply to post by neo96

I believe the word I'm looking for is hootspah and yes. Now we know what part of the 100 Million was for on this trip. They needed extra planes to carry his Ego and Nerve. First he hypes Gay people in a nation where being gay is outright illegal and a serious matter to the locals ....then he touts for ANOTHER nation what he's personally fought AGAINST ever seeing in this one.

Oh... Yeah.. Nerve alright. No shortage of that.

link   
The ego and blantant in-your-face hipocrocy of this prez never ceases to amaze me. I can't believe a few ppl on this site still actually support this guy and his constitution destroying pollicies. I have to check peoples ID's here at my job before i can let them into the grounds, but gods help us if someone asks for an ID to VOTE!? Come on people wake the hell up...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by neo96

Dear neo96,

I don't know if this is fair to do to you, but I'm not sure whether my comment is serious or joking. The difference is, that in Kenya, Blacks are the majority and run things. It's Ok if a Black government has ID cards, but not if a White government does.

With respect,
Charles1952

So Kenya is already racist?

Swear always makes me feel better.
edit on 27-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

And on the voter ID case, I can tell you that, as you know, this administration believes it should be easier for eligible citizens to vote -- to register and vote. We should not be imposing unnecessary obstacles or barriers to voter participation.

From Jay Carney

Always trying to have it both ways.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I wonder... will Barack be getting HIS Kenyan ID?

Yes, I went there

edit on 27-6-2013 by madmac5150 because: Post-post regret

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Because making people show valid ID before they can vote wont help keep his party in power here. He could give a (snip) less what they do there- he will go along with whatever their government wants to do to score PR points.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
(before I begin) Didn't you promise that if I emailed Obama and tell him to shut up and quit that you would stop posting these kinds of threads?

Oh yea, you DID, but I guess you aren't a man of your word.

(but anyway, I digress)

Because the people of Kenya aren't targeting a people with Voter ID laws based solely on their ethnicity, just based on their residency.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

(before I begin) Didn't you promise that if I emailed Obama and tell him to shut up and quit that you would stop posting these kinds of threads? Oh yea, you DID, but I guess you aren't a man of your word.

OFFTOPIC.

Because the people of Kenya aren't targeting a people with Voter ID laws based solely on their ethnicity, just based on their residency.

Then there is no need for Voter ID but hell promote it anyway, and do everything in their power to stop it here.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

How are voter ID laws targeting ethnicity ?

People that drive has a drivers license.

People that buy liquor have a valid ID.

People that buy tobacco have a valid ID.

People that have a job have a valid ID.

People that have a bank account have a valid ID.

People on any type of public assistance have a valid ID.

And so on and so on......

What (if any) specific ethnic groups don't have a valid ID in the USA ?

If there are any, are they eligible to vote ?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

All those people 'are eligible to vote' just buying those products.

They really don't have a case they have to resort to shooting the messenger as there is no logical defense for that hypocrisy.
edit on 27-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

How are voter ID laws targeting ethnicity ?

Some people simply cannot afford an ID.

A judge has stopped Pennsylvania’s voter identification law, one of the most restrictive in the country, from going into effect on Election Day. Are voter ID laws racist? These laws disproportionately impact Blacks and Latinos, as well as elderly Americans and people with disabilities.

Many observers have said these laws are the 21st century version of Jim Crow. There is a likelihood the Supreme Court eventually will rule on the legality of these laws, which now exist in some form in 30 states and have become more prevalent in the last two years in states with Republican-dominated legislatures.

www.diversityinc.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by neo96

Dear neo96,

With respect,
Charles1952

Wow didn't take long for somebody to play the race card huh? And when did America start having a white government? It hasn't been white for decades.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I can buy that.

But wouldnt that reasoning mean all requirements for ID are racist?

Especially those imposed by the government.

I'll try it next time I buy a gun and am asked for ID.

I cant afford ID. What is this tax on my right you are imposing? Jim Crow!!

Not to mention simply getting a job. I cant afford copies of my SS card, my birth certificate and an ID. So how will I ever get a job?

Im all for dumping voter ID laws on that basis. I'm also all for consistency. It's about time Americans stopped carrying their "papers."
edit on 28-6-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

If these people cannot afford an I.D. card, how have they ever been able to:
Buy cigarettes
Get food stamps
Get welfare
Buy booze
Drive a car
Get Soc. Sec. benefits
Get a fishing license
Get Medicare/Medicaid
Etc...

edit on 28-6-2013 by madmac5150 because: Caffeine induced cranial clarity

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

THAT Is the biggest crock of BeeEss I ever heard !!

Besides, many States offer free photo ID's and many are paid for by donations etc.

"Can't afford an ID" is a standard excuse for failure.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Just about every other country on the planet requires ID for voter registration AND to vote.

I really can't fathom why this is such a problem in the USA.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Buy cigarettes

Either they don't get carded (I know I don't) or they don't smoke.

Get food stamps

Maybe they don't get food stamps, or someone else in the household gets them for everyone.

Get welfare

See above.

Buy booze

Maybe they don't drink, or they don't get carded (I know I don't)

Drive a car

The bus, or they don't drive, or they drive without a licence.

Get Soc. Sec. benefits

Maybe they don't get social security, or someone else gets them for the family.

Get a fishing license

Maybe they don't fish? Or they fish illegally.

Get Medicare/Medicaid

Again, maybe they don't get medicare/medicaid, or again, someone else in their family does for them.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

yes, free is rather expensive these days.

A free ID card is NOT available under the following circumstances: If you currently have a valid, unexpired driver license (DL), you are not eligible under Wisconsin law to obtain an ID. If you will not be at least 18 years of age on the date of the next election. If you are not eligible to vote in Wisconsin.

free if you're eligible to vote. your excuses aren't applicable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join