It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mars one and alien disclosure

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I've already taken all the risk taking I can handle. I'd doom the ship. My luck would run out soon after blast off. Maybe, I don't know.

I have to read up on it again. I breezed over it once, I can't remember what all.

I understand why folks would like to do this though. I also will follow with great interest and concern.

Oh, I couldn't leave my darn cat anyway..jeeze.

Oh! and...

post by Druscilla
Could you please point out these cities; show us pictures, give coordinates?

here we go!! Blast off!!

edit on 27-6-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
i would go in a min,yeah i know for fact i wouldn,t be coming back or probably even survive for a few days when i got there but choosing to die here in say another 30 years or so or take that journey?i know what i would choose.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Druscilla

Yes but id want to be landed near the ancient cities on mars with increased chances of survival for finding shelter and resources for survival.

The cities are underground. however you can view the space port on Mars see it on Google Earth 5.0 - Mars:
: 1°37'29.28"S 173°38'47.56"E

and a close ups

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

The cities are underground. however you can view the space port on Mars see it on Google Earth 5.0 - Mars: 1°37'29.28"S 173°38'47.56"E

Looks like it got badly damaged in the meantime ...

This area had been imaged with HiRISE, here's the same formation with a better resolution:

P.S.: But don't worry, we'll just build our own brand-new spaceport once we're there ...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This Mars One crap annoys the hell out of me. Yes, wonderful, we finally get to plant a boot on the Red Planet, but to do it, we have to doom the crew that sets thier feet there, to a life of confinement, and eventual death. Have you seen the circumstances these people will be living in? Bloody capsules and no open spaces, community living is going to be a nightmare from what I have seen of the infrastructure that will be built.

It looks like they are basically going camping for the rest of thier lives, less than a meter at all times from an atmosphere that will kill them. Now, some would say "well sure, but compared to the risks taken by those on the ISS, these guys are golden."

I say thats total garbage. The very idea of sending these people off, without a hope of recovering them is un-ethical, and an experiment which does not need to be performed. What the people in the know should be doing right now, is working tirelessly and solely on propulsion methods which could see back and forth travel between the two planets in reasonable times, weeks and days, rather than months and years, methods which combine a launch system and a landing vehicle, in one whole piece, with no capsules, no SRBs required, just a whole craft which can enter and leave atmospheres at a mere whim, and travel fast enough that you could go for a weekend and not be over fussed at the transit time.

This insistance on relying on a plucky group of people, to go and live on a virtually barren, untouched, and largely unexplored planet, with thier every action and thought recorded, and no support from home... its barbaric. Please, do not mistake my horror at the very idea for a lack of pioneer spirit. The moon landings, the explorers of old, living by the seat of thier pants, and heading toward an UNKNOWN future are inspiring figures in history. However, this is NOT pioneering, these people are living with a fate that can only have one conclusion. This is a slow, lonely suicide, that could go horribly badly with only the merest provocation.

The only real question, which could possibly be answered by this mission, is who will live the longest, who will go insane. This is not a mission of exploration, it is a purely psychological experiment. It couldnt make me more angry, that at the point where we finally get our fingers out and send a manned mission, it is the least humane space mission ever concieved. The level of compromise involved is massive, and sickening.

The human race should not be compromising between current tech, and desire to explore. We should be FORCING open the boundaries which restrict us, developing new propulsion techniques before sending people to new worlds. This is what we call "arse backwards" where I come from, and I dont like it one bit.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Hmm those danged rocks would be a nuisance for those who travel at speed.

That's why they wouldn't do that!

Why does everyone have to lump poor old ET with inferior human technology?

ET's able to visit our silly little rock would likely be millions of years more advanced than us, maybe even billions! so I really do not believe they would be whizzing about the universe at mega speeds. They will simply emerge at the point they dialed into their console.

And yet...you guys believe that they are so advanced that they can travel across the stars to visit us, but have not mastered the art of TURNING THEIR OUTSIDE LIGHTS OFF!

"Zorg, we are over the human city, did you turn the large outside coloured blinking flashing lights off?"
"SHAZBAT! I forgot!"
"Not again Zorg!....grumble grumble.."

Its so idiotic and not a single one of you believers has ever addressed this flaw in your logic....But hey, its easier to be in denial than to your your head isn't it?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
This Mars One crap annoys the hell out of me. Yes, wonderful, we finally get to plant a boot on the Red Planet, but to do it, we have to doom the crew that sets thier feet there, to a life of confinement, and eventual death. Have you seen the circumstances these people will be living in? Bloody capsules and no open spaces, community living is going to be a nightmare from what I have seen of the infrastructure that will be built.

It looks like they are basically going camping for the rest of thier lives, less than a meter at all times from an atmosphere that will kill them. Now, some would say "well sure, but compared to the risks taken by those on the ISS, these guys are golden."

I say thats total garbage. The very idea of sending these people off, without a hope of recovering them is un-ethical, and an experiment which does not need to be performed. What the people in the know should be doing right now, is working tirelessly and solely on propulsion methods which could see back and forth travel between the two planets in reasonable times, weeks and days, rather than months and years, methods which combine a launch system and a landing vehicle, in one whole piece, with no capsules, no SRBs required, just a whole craft which can enter and leave atmospheres at a mere whim, and travel fast enough that you could go for a weekend and not be over fussed at the transit time.

This insistance on relying on a plucky group of people, to go and live on a virtually barren, untouched, and largely unexplored planet, with thier every action and thought recorded, and no support from home... its barbaric. Please, do not mistake my horror at the very idea for a lack of pioneer spirit. The moon landings, the explorers of old, living by the seat of thier pants, and heading toward an UNKNOWN future are inspiring figures in history. However, this is NOT pioneering, these people are living with a fate that can only have one conclusion. This is a slow, lonely suicide, that could go horribly badly with only the merest provocation.

The only real question, which could possibly be answered by this mission, is who will live the longest, who will go insane. This is not a mission of exploration, it is a purely psychological experiment. It couldnt make me more angry, that at the point where we finally get our fingers out and send a manned mission, it is the least humane space mission ever concieved. The level of compromise involved is massive, and sickening.

The human race should not be compromising between current tech, and desire to explore. We should be FORCING open the boundaries which restrict us, developing new propulsion techniques before sending people to new worlds. This is what we call "arse backwards" where I come from, and I dont like it one bit.

Quoted for agreement. Well said truebrit

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3danimator

ET's able to visit our silly little rock would likely be millions of years more advanced than us, maybe even billions! so I really do not believe they would be whizzing about the universe at mega speeds. They will simply emerge at the point they dialed into their console.

And yet...you guys believe that they are so advanced that they can travel across the stars to visit us, but have not mastered the art of TURNING THEIR OUTSIDE LIGHTS OFF!

"Zorg, we are over the human city, did you turn the large outside coloured blinking flashing lights off?"
"SHAZBAT! I forgot!"

Its so idiotic and not a single one of you believers has ever addressed this flaw in your logic....But hey, its easier to be in denial than to your your head isn't it?

Why is it a "Flaw in logic" ?
Most, and I do mean MOST of reported sightings are of an earthly origin, and I suspect they use the lights to confuse people, maybe its even necessary for propulsion, I dont know, but then YOU dont know either, do you?

"Zorg, leave the lights on"
"SHAZBAT. Why?"
"ZORG. It confuses their tiny minds, like flies around a light bulb"
"SHAZBAT. HA HA HA"

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

I would even go a step further and predict that this project is going to end up as a purely earth-bound endeavour at some point ...

When looking at the ambitious timeline, I think it's by far too optimistic and doesn't take into account any failures or setbacks. They just mention it in a few paragraphs in a menu-item called Risks and Challenges. Here an excerpt:

Mars One has developed a detailed risk analysis profile which guides both its internal technical development as well as the relationships it builds with its aerospace suppliers.

This risk analysis profile will continue to evolve and improve over the years prior to the first humans walking on the planet Mars.

That said, I could imagine a whole variety of things that could go wrong and force them to readjust their timeline. They'll probably continue the show as an official simulation in their training facilities, while still aiming for the 'real leap' to Mars at some (uncertain) point in the future.

TV ratings and influence on the web (sharing/liking etc.) would still be high and we would witness a full-blown reality TV & media event over the course of several years or decades. Whether or not it ultimately leads to a Mars landing or colony will probably not be as important as the dramatic life of would-be colonists during the preparations and simulations in earth-bound Mars-One facilities.

Don't get me wrong: I like the vision, I wish them luck & hope it'll work. But this is ATS and I see the potential for a conspiracy at work behind our backs. Inspite of the network of partners (who'll certainly develop some useful tech), we're also dealing with people from TV & media and for their agenda to still work out perfectly, nobody needs to go to Mars ... and nobody needs to establish a colony on the red planet.

They have a plan B and I think it's going to become their plan of choice sooner then we think!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3danimator

"SHAZBAT! I forgot!"

Why is it a "Flaw in logic" ?
Most, and I do mean MOST of reported sightings are of an earthly origin, and I suspect they use the lights to confuse people, maybe its even necessary for propulsion, I dont know, but then YOU dont know either, do you?

"Zorg, leave the lights on"
"SHAZBAT. Why?"
"ZORG. It confuses their tiny minds, like flies around a light bulb"
"SHAZBAT. HA HA HA"

I give up. I will not get sucked into your desperate world again...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

The risk analysis section of thier website would have made me wet my pants with laughter, if it wasnt so much of an outrage! Do you know that no where on the whole site are there any details of what sort of psychological effects this trip will have on the people who are supposed to go on it!?

That is part one, section one, paragraph alpha in the handbook surely? I mean that has to be the single most important part of the mission, staying sane for DECADES in what amounts to isolation, with a small group of people, you barely know better than you knew your high school chemistry teacher, and may not share a damned thing with, other than a fatalistic approach to life!

But I have considered what you said about the possibility that this thing would turn into an earthbased, possibly Big Brother like television franchise, well before it ever lifted off the ground ( I get the impression that you do not actually believe that this was ever the intent of the mission, suggesting that you think all the hype and pre-amble is some sort of advertising for the show as it will eventually come to be). I am considering vomiting at this point, because I agree with you (not that agreeing with you in general makes me vom, I just HATE reality television, because it is not reality, and to call it television does a deep dishonour to all the fantastic stuff that one can find on television).

All I can say is, that at least if the idea turns into the next Big Brother, then no one will die on the mission after years of abject loneliness and psychologically damaging isolation from the rest of the species.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yes but id want to be landed near the ancient cities on mars with increased chances of survival for finding shelter and resources for survival.

CYDONIA

2ND LINE ...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

In this age the only way some skeptics will believe if an alien being pops up right in front of them, and then their skeptical buddies won't believe them.

If that ever happens, then we'll know, won't we? But it hasn't even come close to happening, so I guess the question remains open.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz

CYDONIA

2ND LINE ...

Cydonia are you having a

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I knew this would happen

Check out this site marsruins.com... It has tons of pictures of (supposed) mars cities "ruins" and such.

At the top of the page, below the title "Mars Ruins", you can also click "The Mars Test", it compares ruins on earth with (suppose) ruins on Mars.

I have no Opinion on this subject myself
(plays it safe)

edit on 28-6-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
The only way there will ever be a disclosure of any type will be if the "aliens" land on the White House lawn.

ufos.about.com...

UFOs flew over the white house on two separate occasions in the same week. They were photographed by locals and media, witnessed by hundreds, recorded and seen on radar, and yet there was no disclosure my friend..

A million aliens could land and begin walking the streets and the government will say they're apes that made an evolutionary leap overnight from a freak swamp gas accident.
edit on 28-6-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
The only way there will ever be a disclosure of any type will be if the "aliens" land on the White House lawn.

ufos.about.com...

UFOs flew over the white house on two separate occasions in the same week. They were photographed by locals and media, witnessed by hundreds, recorded and seen on radar, and yet there was no disclosure my friend..

A million aliens could land and begin walking the streets and the government will say they're apes that made an evolutionary leap overnight from a freak swamp gas accident.
edit on 28-6-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)
maybe but one day the truth will come out and they will need to damage control
edit on 29-6-2013 by truthontheloose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
My pet theory is that Mars was destroyed in an ancient nuclear war or some other awful holocaust. It was once as lush as Earth but the Martians killed themselves. Mars is a warning to Earth of what is to become if we persue our reglious hatred of one another.

Are we ready to handle disclosure? Yes the majority of us are. There will always be those who never will be. But we cant let humanity stagnate because of that. As a guy with pointed ears once said

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few..."

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

i agree but i also think that some of the survivors from mars came to earth long ago and may be when we get to mars the government well announce they have found structures on mars ( acting like they didn't already know they were there)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Relax mate! It wont be any “mars one” mission! Someone just have found another way to make some easy money, that’s all! It is some sort of sitcom, otherwise would be a horrific way to execute peoples. I don’t think a convicted murderer, mentally sane (if it possible such a thing), would exchange his lethal injection for a place in “mars one mission”.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join