It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 2, dies after being left in car in Milton, Ont.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I CANNOT believe these accidents STILL happen, when will people smarten up?

Police say that a toddler found dead in a car in Milton, Ont., was in the care of his grandmother at the time and that temperatures in the vehicle would have been searing. Halton Regional Police say the two-year-old boy died after spending an "extended period of time" in the vehicle on Wednesday.

The child was being looked after by his grandmother because his father was working and his mother had to go to an appointment, police said. Source

This article (Global News) confirms that the autopsy findings are consistent with the child being “exposed to high-level temperatures for an extended period of time in an unattended vehicle.”

IMO, there is simply no excuse for this. Leaving a child or animal locked in a vehicle in blistering heat for a long period of time is completely INSANE! I cannot figure out any instance where someone would forget an infant in their vehicle like that...

Be vigilant, if you see something like this you could save a life.
edit on Thu Jun 27 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed link

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This doesn't even make me sad- it makes me angry.

This wasn't ignorance- EVERYONE knows not to leave children and pets in cars. It was pure laziness. If I was the parent, I would want to strangle the grandparent.

The article doesn't give many details so that is my opinion based on the information given.

Like one of the comments in the article, I wouldn't be against a charge of manslaughter. It's pure negligence.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dominar
I CANNOT believe these accidents STILL happen, when will people smarten up?

I don't think they ever will.
-
Who leaves a 2 year old kid alone in the car?, Period.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dominar

They should do the same thing to the idiot lady. Let her experience what the child did in their last moments. Unbelievable that someone is this stupid. Oh well, Hell needs more people and I guess she was just recruited.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So aggravating, I feel you...

The articles don't go into much details about the Grand-Mother who left the child alone. I want to know what her side of the story is and the excuse she gave for forgetting her grand-son like that.

Unless she has huge memory problems, I don't understand what happened.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I CANNOT believe these accidents STILL happen

I CANNOT believe these murders STILL happen

This is inexplicable to any sane person, for the life of me I will never understand the human race when it comes to looking after their own.

I believe that we are so tied up in our little mind occupying things in life that the children are becoming a grey area in the mind.......

Thanks for showing us all just how stupid people are in general.

S&F but sadly so for the little guy who had no option in this tragic murder.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dominar

This is sad, all over the news every year are stories of kids dying from being left in a car. Stupid grandma, hope she kills herself and I don't care how mean that sounds.

Poor baby, I hope he went quickly and didn't suffer too much. I feel for for his parents.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I still have this from one of the first ATS threads I posted with a pic in it.

The woman doesn't need arrested, she needs prison time. If she's that old? Sentence appropriately but the way that little boy died has to see someone answer somewhere. Talk about a hard hard way to go.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Don't leave your kids with really old people that's all I have to say.

As someone who has spent a lot of time with them they barely have the mental capacities for themselves.

They are hardly putting 1 and 1 together knowing it still equals 2.
edit on 27-6-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Lots of women young and old kill kids and dogs in hot cars every year, women are social creatures once they get talking to other women everything is forgot, mostly when children get attacked by dogs 99% of the dogs are under female care, they need to start to think, once they do that they will be better off.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
An awful tragedy.
I have a horrible feeling that woman forgot the child was in the car.

Distracted for whatever reason, doing something not in her routine.
Maybe not feeling quite herself due to the heat...and if the child were asleep when she arrived....
I cannot imagine doing that myself....but as one ages...it amazesone to see what one DOES forget

FTR, I am not making excuses for the woman....just saying being old isn't criminal....and perhaps the parents should have thought twice about their choice of caregiver that day.....

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm not a parent, but I'm almost insanely overprotective of kids.
My family and I went on some camping trips over the years, and I would take care of my nephew, because I was his favorite uncle. He's like a son to me anyway. When he was like 5 or 6 years old, I'd never let him out of my sight. Never! He'd get up out of his chair, and I would get up, just to see what he was doing or where he was going.

As for the OP...I can't even imagine how the grandmother feels. Her grandson died in her care.
It breaks the heart.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dominar

While it is very sad this sort of thing happens many times every summer. I never forgot my children, my nieces or nephews or my grandchild in the car and I pray I never will. The people who blame this on the lady being old should re-think that position as being a grandmother doesn't mean that you are ancient. I'm only 46 and am a grandmother of 3 years, my mother was a grandmother at 39 and my best friend's mom was a grandmother at 34.

Regardless, it's very sad and for those who wish the grandmother dead don't worry- she probably wished it herself as soon as she found the forgotten baby. Nobody intentionally leaves a young child in a hot car on purpose unless they are a selfish jackwipe, and I doubt the parents would have given the child to her care if she were one. There is no punishment you could heap on this woman that she probably hasn't wished for herself. It is heartbreaking!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I found in another article that the grandmother was only 50 so I doubt she was suffering from age-related dementia or what not.

That is a pretty young granny.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger

As for the OP...I can't even imagine how the grandmother feels. Her grandson died in her care.
It breaks the heart.

You're right I can't imagine how the grandma feels. Although he made a huge inexcusable mistake, she must feel terrible and her world must be upside down... considering she killed a member of her own family.

Originally posted by Alternative4u

...women are social creatures once they get talking to other women everything is forgot,...

I wouldn't go that far, seeing as Men are also social creatures. Women are also very protective of their children and usually tend to keep an eye on them even more than men I would say.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This reply also goes out to DontTreadOnMe...

Your comments are the product of a truly rational and compassionate mind. It brings a small degree of comfort to this horrible thread. Thank you. reply to post by littled16

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
OK, I live here and haven't even heard this story yet. Tragic but it seems to happen less than I thought. I have seen kids in cars unattended because parents are too lazy to take them out of the car. Picking up another at school; at a gas station.

It sickens me and if I were not constantly tight on time, I'd wait around for these fools.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have grandkids. Pretty sure I'm bright enough to remember that little kids do come to a slow simmer in a hot car. Old people aren't the enemy here.

I cannot even call this an error in judgement. Ignorance doesn't even cut it for me.

Shameful. Deplorable. Unforgivable.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Thanks for making me cry, may the child rest in peace.
May everyone else involved in this tragedy face whatever charges the Crown sees fit to lay, and suffer the consequences to their extreme.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Alzheimer could hit that young.

They're saying a considerable amount of time here....wish I knew what that meant a bit better.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join