It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Story, for a New World!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Look around you. Are we living in peace and perfection with Christ reigning at the helm? No!

The time has not come yet.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Look around you. Are we living in peace and perfection with Christ reigning at the helm? No!

The time has not come yet.
What would you like to see, things speeded up by killing off almost all the people in the world until there are only a few left to behave properly?
This is what Jesus said about who is in charge,
John 12:31
Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

Paul said that Jesus reigns,
1 Corinthians 15:25
For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.

Even though the universe has not fixed itself yet, that does not mean that Jesus is not ruling now as Lord.
Things are still bad and they have been that way for as long as there has been people living in the universe, so having it reverse itself is not something that happens overnight, even if there are metaphorical statements that seem to be saying something like that.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

As long as the human race exists, it will continue to do so.

That's why Jesus said not to get wrapped up in the things of this world, because it's only temporary.

The world as we know it today, with human flesh, was never meant to last forever.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

As long as the human race exists, it will continue to do so.
Do so what?

That's why Jesus said not to get wrapped up in the things of this world, because it's only temporary.
We aren't supposed to get involved in evil. And we aren't supposed to hoard wealth at other's expense. What was temporary was the tolerance of God of the Palestinian Jews' lack of true repentance in what amounted to extortion through the temple sacrifices to enrich themselves.

The world as we know it today, with human flesh, was never meant to last forever.
I must have missed that somehow, if it says that in the Bible.
I think what Jesus meant was that you cannot inherit the kingdom by having been born into a particular bloodline.
edit on 1-7-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Jehovah and Allah are not the same, the God of Jesus His father was Jehovah not Allah.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

Originally posted by filledcup
and read again, in islamic scripture Jesus is not Allah, but a son of Allah, to which they vainly dispute.

This is similar to what I have been discussing with macooo, on this thread, and then I saw your post, linking to this thread.

Where in the Quran, does it state that Jesus is a Son of Allah…?

It seems pretty clear to me, that all the verses in Islam which claim Jesus is not the “Son of God”, are only coming at it, from the perspective of the flesh, and not from a spiritual understanding.

Of course those Islamic verses are true in one sense because God does not pro-create in the flesh like humans do, so in that sense they are correct.

But Jesus and all of us were created by God Spiritually, which in essence is what the phrase “Son of God”, really means.

in this way it is verified in the Quran itself, that God refers to his chosen as Gods as well and as such that Jesus was a God.

In John 10 Jesus quotes Pslam 82 a verse which states that we are all Sons and Daughters of God. I also believe it too be true…we are all Gods and are all children of God…

But where in the Quran does it state that, we are referred to as Gods…?

- JC

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

you understand well in your journey to completion.

pay attention to what you read. tho you have asked me a question that will bring clarity.

41 Also mention in Al-Kitab the story of Ibrahim: he was a man of truth, a prophet.

42 Behold, he said to his father: O my father! Why worship that which hears not and sees not, and can profit you nothing?

43 O my father! To me has come knowledge which has not reached you: so follow me: I will guide you to a way that is even and straight.

44 O my father! Serve not Satan: for Satan is a rebel against Allah most gracious.

45 O my father! I fear lest a penalty affect you from Allah most gracious, so that you become to Satan a friend.

46 The father replied: do you hate my gods, O Ibrahim? If you forbear not, I will Indeed stone you: Now get away from me for a good long while!

verse 41 is a title. God is dictating the names of the prophets and the stories of them he wants related in Al-Kitab. from mentioning to relate the story of Abraham, God then proceeds to reference the specific story which he wants related in Al-Kitab regarding Abraham.

Abraham had questioned God regarding the Birth of Jesus who was to be one of his descendants. He had been preparing Abraham for Obedience to God for a very specific purpose in the bible. to relate just what God has done for us! to which God Scolds Abraham as a parent would "behave or you'll get a spanking, now go and face the corner for 15 minutes". The "Gods" Allah is referring to here in 'verse 46', would be Jesus, and by extension, all the prophets.

In Abraham's preparation, God had been teaching him and guiding him on the path of righteousness and faith, and takes him through repeated tests, with the ultimate test of asking him to kill his son Isaac, but stops him at the last moment. but in the early days Abraham had his doubts, and questioned God and tested him to see if he was true.. and Rightly So! All things God had promised did come and so Abraham was able to obey the command and set to kill his son whom he loved very much because God commanded it. This selfless act, was a symbol of the birth of Jesus and the role he would play for humanity. Dying for our sins! and God was sending his son to die on a cross, sacrificing his son for us. it would seem that had Abraham not obeyed it would have been as saying to God.. "we shall not kill our son for you", and thus God may not have killed his Son for us. because of Abraham's faith, Jesus was able to be born through his descendents to perform the task of dying for our sins. God had sacrificed his son on the alter for us.. a thing that no ordinary man could come to do without having fully tested the word of God and the faith that he is real, all powerful and true to his word!
edit on 3-7-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

you understand well in your journey to completion.

pay attention to what you read. tho you have asked me a question that will bring clarity.

Maryam Surah 19 (page 424)

41 Also mention in Al-Kitab the story of Ibrahim: he was a man of truth, a prophet.

42 Behold, he said to his father: O my father! Why worship that which hears not and sees not, and can profit you nothing?

43 O my father! To me has come knowledge which has not reached you: so follow me: I will guide you to a way that is even and straight.

44 O my father! Serve not Satan: for Satan is a rebel against Allah most gracious.

45 O my father! I fear lest a penalty affect you from Allah most gracious, so that you become to Satan a friend.

46 The father replied: do you hate my gods, O Ibrahim? If you forbear not, I will Indeed stone you: Now get away from me for a good long while!

Wow! Incredible, there it is. Thanks for pointing it out.

I figured that seeing as the verse Psalm 82, is written by one of the OT prophets and seeing as Islam believes in all of the prophets, then it would seem logical, that this concept should be in the Quran as well.

verse 41 is a title. God is dictating the names of the prophets and the stories of them he wants related in Al-Kitab. from mentioning to relate the story of Abraham, God then proceeds to reference the specific story which he wants related in Al-Kitab regarding Abraham.

Abraham had questioned God regarding the Birth of Jesus who was to be one of his descendants. He had been preparing Abraham for Obedience to God for a very specific purpose in the bible. to relate just what God has done for us! to which God Scolds Abraham as a parent would "behave or you'll get a spanking, now go and face the corner for 15 minutes". The "Gods" Allah is referring to here in 'verse 46', would be Jesus, and by extension, all the prophets.

Totally agree, they’re all prophets and All Gods. Although my personal take, is that Jesus was God the Fathers, first created Son, which is why I believe he is referred to as, the Son of God. This is also fits well, with God testing Abraham with his son, knowing that His own son, will later give his life, to help save others.

In Abraham's preparation, God had been teaching him and guiding him on the path of righteousness and faith, and takes him through repeated tests, with the ultimate test of asking him to kill his son Isaac, but stops him at the last moment. but in the early days Abraham had his doubts, and questioned God and tested him to see if he was true.. and Rightly So!
All things God had promised did come and so Abraham was able to obey the command and set to kill his son whom he loved very much because God commanded it.

Yes, I clearly see the Abraham story of being asked to sacrifice his own son, as a foreshadowing of God having to sacrifice His own Son. Although I have a different opinion as to what Jesus sacrifice really means…

This selfless act, was a symbol of the birth of Jesus and the role he would play for humanity. Dying for our sins! and God was sending his son to die on a cross, sacrificing his son for us. it would seem that had Abraham not obeyed it would have been as saying to God.. "we shall not kill our son for you", and thus God may not have killed his Son for us. because of Abraham's faith, Jesus was able to be born through his descendents to perform the task of dying for our sins. God had sacrificed his son on the alter for us.. a thing that no ordinary man could come to do without having fully tested the word of God and the faith that he is real, all powerful and true to his word!

I see Jesus “dieing for sins’, in a different way, than what most of standard Christianity teaches. I wrote a post about it here.

- JC

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join