It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-existence, Reincarnation & Christianity

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Okay then explain how the negative entity works in your reincarnation of the soul theory if would please.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

ETA: I ask "Jesus" questions by asking my spirit/soul for answers. His spirit is no different from mine or yours. His spirit/soul is the same energy that gives everything life. He wasn't part of some exclusive club that he's the only member of, that's what religion wants you to think.
edit on 2-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

I get it you hate the Bible, you have made this clear in many other threads.

Give it a try, or are you afraid?

Do you realize when you enter certain meditative states you are highly open to suggestion? Whether spoken or merely from emanations of your own subconscious.

I am not trying to get you to convert, I am just making the suggestion that you ask questions next time you 'ascend'.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli

Okay then explain how the negative entity works in your reincarnation of the soul theory if would please.

"The negative entity"? You mean Satan? How does Satan work in my reincarnation soul theory? It looks to me like he's been working just fine, keeping it shameful, stupid and crazy in the opinion of his followers.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I don't hate the bible, how could I? It gave me the words of Jesus.

I don't hate anything, but I do dislike some things. I dislike most of the bible, pretty much anything other than the red words.

You assume I am not aware of the bible and what it teaches, well you're wrong. I don't claim to be an expert, but I do claim to be knowledgeable enough to make an informed opinion on it. I was also a Christian for 20 years, so I'm familiar with church teachings as well, and what the church teaches is different from what Jesus taught.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

"The negative entity"? You mean Satan? How does Satan work in my reincarnation soul theory? It looks to me like he's been working just fine, keeping it shameful, stupid and crazy in the opinion of his followers.

What is its purpose to the godhead?

Where is the love? If the godhead wanted you to learn and grown why place such an obstacle in the way to torture itself/ emanations?

Sounds incredibly sadistic.

Also how come you keep flip flopping between calling Jesus Satan and then an over soul to lead mankind into a higher realm of being?

It seems like a contradiction.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

What is its purpose to the godhead?

Where is the love? If the godhead wanted you to learn and grown why place such an obstacle in the way to torture itself/ emanations?

Sounds incredibly sadistic.

Also how come you keep flip flopping between calling Jesus Satan and then an over soul to lead mankind into a higher realm of being?

It seems like a contradiction.

Some cultures that believe in reincarnation believe that gods and demons are reincarnated entities too on different plains. They can ascend and descend in status also. If you follow the belief ultimately every things a carnation of the "source". Just different sides of the same coin.
edit on 2-7-2013 by Redarguo because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2013 by Redarguo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I don't hate the bible, how could I? It gave me the words of Jesus.

I don't hate anything, but I do dislike some things. I dislike most of the bible, pretty much anything other than the red words.

You assume I am not aware of the bible and what it teaches, well you're wrong. I don't claim to be an expert, but I do claim to be knowledgeable enough to make an informed opinion on it. I was also a Christian for 20 years, so I'm familiar with church teachings as well, and what the church teaches is different from what Jesus taught.

Sorry I should have made my inquiry more concise.

Why not try asking Jesus now that you have attained a higher level of understanding?

It couldn't hurt, in fact it might open up new avenues for your endless journey through lives.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Shouldn't you be asking yourself the same question?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I ask "Jesus" questions everyday. I thought I explained this already?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I think the writings found in Nag Hammadi are extremely relevant to this concept of past lives. They were a collection of tablets and texts which describe and invasion by a race of beings whom could mimic realities and set confusion upon peoples.

These are non-Biblical texts of the Gnostic orders. Interestingly these 'Archons' are described as reptilian which can be strongly associated with the kundalini/ dragon of many esoteric religious orders.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I don't believe in your godhead, your version of Jesus, or your version of Satan.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Redarguo

Some cultures that believe in reincarnation believe that gods and demons are reincarnated entities too on different plains. They can ascend and descend in status also. If you follow the belief ultimately every things a carnation of the "source". Just different sides of the same coin.

I have no disagreement with that. Tibetan Buddhist monks teach that we all battle our own demons after death, and that we take our victories and our defeats with us into the next incarnation.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I don't believe in your godhead, your version of Jesus, or your version of Satan.

Ummm . . . .

Good for you?

either . . .

One thinks this would be obvious by now . . .

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Right. The Gnostics and the Cathars were converted to death by Catholics.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

If it's so obvious, why did you ask me this?

What is its purpose to the godhead? Where is the love? If the godhead wanted you to learn and grown why place such an obstacle in the way to torture itself/ emanations?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

What is its purpose to the godhead? Where is the love? If the godhead wanted you to learn and grown why place such an obstacle in the way to torture itself/ emanations?

Because I was curious as to your logic concerning this issue.

You had already explained what you think the purpose of reincarnation was, this was merely an expansion on your beliefs to get a better understanding of where you are coming from . . .

Why did you ask why I asked this?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Right. The Gnostics and the Cathars were converted to death by Catholics.

Right . . .

What is your point?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I probably should cross post something from a different thread here:

Is perishing something to be avoided? Is that the purpose: to avoid perishing?

If a grain of wheat is planted as a seed, and the grain says, "No, I will not die, I will take my immortal soul and keep it."

Then, the grain is no longer a seed. As it rots in the ground, it is reduced to being only fertilizer food for the seeds that didn't refuse to perish.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nirvana

In Hindu philosophy, it is union with the Brahman ...
The word literally means "blown out" (as in a candle) ...
In Hinduism, moksha is the liberation from the cycle of birth and death and one's worldly conception of self. A person reaches moksha as nirvana is attained.[66] Moksha is derived from the sanskrit word Muktha literally meaning one who is free from bondage, is free.
Nirvana

I'm beginning to think that Buddhism is responsible for introducing a serious misunderstanding concerning the natural rejoining of ethereal spirit matter to the source (Brahman) upon death.

Buddhism turned it into some sort of spiritual exercise or something, emptiness while living as nirvana.

It seems totally contradictory to me to hold the idea of discrete self identifiable immortal soul as an ideal, and at the same time hold loss of identifiable self as also the ideal to be achieved.

Is this contradiction lost to people's awareness? Am I the only person who sees this contradiction?

Wouldn't it make sense to live your life to the fullest and then freely let it disperse upon death so others can benefit?
edit on 2-7-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

You notice when I speak their "mystic" language they find themselves disappearing from the thread with no answer.

LOL

Don't flatter yourself, my dear. If people are fleeing you, it's because of your insipid attitude.

Am I really calling posters (other than "3nlight3n3d1") idiots or dogs?

Do I ask sarcastic and sardonic questions without regard for the answers given to them?

Its too bad that you rely so heavily on attitudes in making petty judgements. Perhaps it is your insipid attitude which is blinding you to this?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Because I was curious as to your logic concerning this issue.

What issue? I'm asking because I really don't know.

You had already explained what you think the purpose of reincarnation was, this was merely an expansion on your beliefs to get a better understanding of where you are coming from . . .

I've asserted a number of theories, possibilities and beliefs. Can you be more specific?

Why did you ask why I asked this?

Why did I ask what?
edit on 2-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join