It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-existence, Reincarnation & Christianity

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There are so many personal accounts of people leaving their bodies and returning, near death experiences, etc. Isn't reincarnation just adopting a new physical body and life circumstance? If we are in the image of our creator, we are eternal. The Self is eternal, the body isn't. The odd part is that the eternal part of us lives outside of space and time. So, sequential reincarnation must be a bit of a misnomer to the eternal soul. I've heard it described as a string of beads worn around the neck, each life all at the same time, from one perspective. A fun mystery, but reincarnation, yes.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

No. I think Paul superimposed his own belief structure, creating a Jesus that worked for him. Paul never quotes Jesus or cites any examples of his life. Paul didn't know Jesus. There were a lot of people who believed in the "Christ" entity before Jesus was born.

The Jews had their own version of the "Christ" mythology, they believed in an entity that would incarnate as the "Messiah." Paul combined mythologies and used the infancy of Christianity to be "all things to all people" to mold a new religion, of which he claimed to be the father.

edit on 29-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
haven't read all the replies so apologies if I repeat...

I doubt "jesus", aka yeshua bin yosef, taught reincarnation. in fact, to all of you so-called "Christian" illuminati experts, jesus was/is one of the most important illuminati. he called himself the Morningstar (venus) and the lightbringer. when he speaks about being reborn, he is referring to the initiation ritual of his gnostic/nassene sect of the great white brotherhood. but then again, there's a lot he taught that's not in biblical texts.

self-proclaimed Christians know so little about their own religion and spew ignorant hate and disinfo regarding the "illuminati". there is so much confusion and half-truths about these subjects. keep an open mind, read books other than the pagan emperor Constantine's compilation of texts known as The Bible and maybe you'll see the light of truth. and it shall set you free!

oh, also reincarnation is real. to say one is "punished" for deeds in a previous life is a primitive way of putting it. fire doesn't punish you when you touch it, it merely burns. you play in traffic, you get hit by a car. reincarnation and karma are natural cycles of, well, nature! morality is an ephemeral and relative construct of culture. the laws of nature are eternal.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Paul was an initiate of the mysteries. Do you think it is possible he perceived other aspects of Jesus' teachings which the other disciples did not?

As a Christian and Bible reader myself, I take the words in red in NT as THE MOST IMPORTANT teachings of them all.

All of the Disciples were works in progress and NOT on the same level as Jesus. Jesus WAS COMPLETE, In Union w/ God. Mastery level 100, pure Ego Death Enlightenment. He had to spoon feed Spiritual Quantum Physics to basically kindergartners who were wrapped in animal sacrificing Judaism and had no clue about anything else.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultimafule
haven't read all the replies so apologies if I repeat...

I doubt "jesus", aka yeshua bin yosef, taught reincarnation. in fact, to all of you so-called "Christian" illuminati experts, jesus was/is one of the most important illuminati. he called himself the Morningstar (venus) and the lightbringer. when he speaks about being reborn, he is referring to the initiation ritual of his gnostic/nassene sect of the great white brotherhood. but then again, there's a lot he taught that's not in biblical texts.

self-proclaimed Christians know so little about their own religion and spew ignorant hate and disinfo regarding the "illuminati". there is so much confusion and half-truths about these subjects. keep an open mind, read books other than the pagan emperor Constantine's compilation of texts known as The Bible and maybe you'll see the light of truth. and it shall set you free!

oh, also reincarnation is real. to say one is "punished" for deeds in a previous life is a primitive way of putting it. fire doesn't punish you when you touch it, it merely burns. you play in traffic, you get hit by a car. reincarnation and karma are natural cycles of, well, nature! morality is an ephemeral and relative construct of culture. the laws of nature are eternal.

If you are going down that road you could at least have made the distinction between the spiritual nature of Jesus' teachings and the knowledge of the physical world garnered from study of Venus.

Constantine was a priest of the Sol Invictus mystery school, another school of illumination.

You are condemning and embracing what is essentially the same teachings, according to you, at the same time.

Please explain yourself.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

great work you're doing there! what you've just described explains a lot regarding freemasonic initiation rituals. although they are open to all religious beliefs, almost of all of their rituals and ideas come from the bible.

this is part of the reason why i'm constantly frustrated by Christians speaking out against freemasons and the "illuminati". there is no known org at this point calling itself The Illuminati. freemasons have dinner and write checks for charities.

there are satanic/ahrimanic forces, but they aren't what you think they are and you're looking in the wrong place. you're being deceived by luciferic forces. YOU are the "illuminati"!

souls pre-date physical creation. older souls kept up with the evolution of the universe. relatively newer souls incarnating on earth are the ones that fell behind during earlier stages of evolution. they were sent to other worlds in order to catch up. nature is efficient. the divine creative source of nature and the universe is infinitely compassionate and patient.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

i'm not sure where the contradiction is. i'm saying that jesus probably did not teach reincarnation - the bible is a syncretic maze of corrupted translations and interpretations - and I think reincarnation is real.

corrupt priests and politicians used religion as a tool for manipulation before roman times and it's no different now. Constantine promoting Sol Invictus is no different than current leaders claiming to be Christians while killing hundreds of thousands of people. In God We Trust! Sol Invicto!

hope this clears things up!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultimafule

i'm not sure where the contradiction is. i'm saying that jesus probably did not teach reincarnation - the bible is a syncretic maze of corrupted translations and interpretations - and I think reincarnation is real.

corrupt priests and politicians used religion as a tool for manipulation before roman times and it's no different now. Constantine promoting Sol Invictus is no different than current leaders claiming to be Christians while killing hundreds of thousands of people. In God We Trust! Sol Invicto!

hope this clears things up!

Reincarnation is a staple of solar worship. It would make more sense for him to encourage the spread of the ideology of reincarnation through the Bible.

It is much easier to justify oppression and manipulation using the concept of reincarnation as a tool. Just look to India's caste system for confirmation of that.

I am simply not following your logic in a solar cult excluding reincarnation while assembling a book for the dogmatic oppression/ subjugation of others.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Some songs are rebroadcast, some are one hit wonders, emanations get picked up by those who are paying attention. The rules for baryons are not the same as photons, there is separation in the relativity of space/time.

That is how some are stuck in history, some show up wherever and whenever, and remember, and continue. That is not really wanted in this damn War, but the herding changes to fit the Narrative, that is thermodynamics, and entropy, and the paranormal.

There is that whole part wherein spin vectors change, that is still under command, to fit prophecy.

Now, that would be some invitation. Maybe last, first call to broadcast.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

There is no unified theory of reincarnation. Many religions adopt it, and teach their own variety, Native American, Hindu, Buddhist, Essenes, Pythagoreans, Gnostics, Wiccan, and there many who have never been taught in reincarnation believe in it because of their own experiences.

The Hindu caste system belief was imposed over the concept of reincarnation as a suppression tool, to keep people in their little boxes. It has nothing to do with the overall concept of reincarnation.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

We don't HAVE souls, we ARE souls. This means that when we die, there is absolutely nothing left of us...

The undertakers would be unemployed in that case.

I didn't mean NOTHING, obviously the vessel or body still remains.....I always forget that ATS members tend to take things very literally...

So in the resurrection, will there be Neanderthals? Wouldn't they feel a little out of place?

I don't know if they would feel out of place or not...Perhaps...but perhaps not. I'm assuming that yes, Neanderthals would also be resurrected and given a new perfect body(if applicable)....but I can't say anything for certain...I know it's odd to hear a Christian say "I don't know" but...yeah...I just don't know.

The body decays, the atoms go into the mix and are reintegrated in other forms. Could "souls" do this together with the body? And if yes, doesn't that allow for evolution?

This is all my opinion of course, but souls are not anything tangible....The soul is the spirit + body....Once we die the spirit goes back to God from which it came, meaning that there is only body left....If I take 1 + 2 = 3, but then take "1" out of the equation, the product, or "3" also has to be taken away.....
Does this allow for evolution? I'm not sure how it would seeing as how evolution is genetic in nature but again, I'm open for discussion as I don't know all things...

A2D

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Concerning Shiva I am surprised you didn't bring up the astrological implications after you mention Leadbeater.

Shiva astrologically is Saturn which rules the houses of Capricorn (aka Unicorn) and Aquarius. As the destroyer it is symbolic of the winter equinox and coming of death (starvation, cold) which in other esoteric beliefs was symbolic of the material death and awakening to the spiritual realm. This was part of the death and rebirth rituals of other belief systems. This was commonly associated with the 3rd eye awakening.

The serpent rising up as the kundalini energy is also symbolic of the snake eating its tail and often represented the knowledge of the ages (procession of the Sun).

His dualistic nature is expressed in the hexagram found on the planet Saturn's north pole as well as an eye shaped storm on the southern pole or the crescent moon atop the forehead of a male. This links into the 'godhead' being androgynous.

These coincide with most of the other mystery school teachings.

EDIT
Also Enki/ Ea was the constellation Capricorn (Saturn) which spawned the religions of Babylon.

It becomes evident when reading the Bible's Revelation that it is this belief system which shall worship the Beast. This would indicate that they were aware of the belief systems and identified them as false.

So all those saying Christianity is a corruption of the true older religions should merely just accept that there is another religion which disagrees but speaks the same language if you know what I mean.
edit on 29-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

There is no unified theory of reincarnation. Many religions adopt it, and teach their own variety, Native American, Hindu, Buddhist, Essenes, Pythagoreans, Gnostics, Wiccan, and there many who have never been taught in reincarnation believe in it because of their own experiences.

The Hindu caste system belief was imposed over the concept of reincarnation as a suppression tool, to keep people in their little boxes. It has nothing to do with the overall concept of reincarnation.

By your own reasoning you should immediately stop saying reincarnation exists for the purpose of teaching the soul.

If you do you ought to be honest and include a statement along the lines of, "I think it is for," whenever you try and push your reincarnation doctrine on others.

Reincarnation as a concept is merely being reborn into the flesh.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Jesus the Christ is a solar diety. he is the risen sun/son, just like Horus. he represents the peak of solar power, high noon. the setting sun represents the powers of darkness, destroying the light. we call it sunset after the Egyptian god Set, aka Satan in the bible.

as Windword already stated, reincarnation has nothing to do with the caste system. I also don't see how reincarnation makes it easier to justify oppression. In fact, it seems like it would be quite the opposite. if you only have this one life to get into heaven you better do as we say or you'll burn in hell for eternity! no second chances, bub. reincarnation gives you nearly infinite opportunities to get yourself together so you can start helping others get themselves together.

it's like working for a jerk boss. you're only going to do just enough to not get fired. they are bullies who rule by fear. a great boss motivates you to do your best because they make you feel like a part of the team, working towards a common goal. if you are being ruled by fear, you're following the wrong ruler. nevermind the fact that I personally think you shouldn't be following anyone...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ultimafule

Like I have already stated the Bible is written in the language of the mystery schools but comes to a different conclusion.

How is this so hard for people to comprehend?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I think too often Christians ignore the roots of their faith, the Hebrew faith. The Hebrews always believed in a twin spirit for every human spirit that existed. Basically, your guardian angel spirit looks exactly like you, or you it, more correctly. Perhaps the soul, which holds our thoughts and feelings, has the ability to hold some connection to both spirits, even simultaneously, hence the dual nature of the physical experience or manifestation. The angel spirit providing the heart and mind of the divine and our spirit providing any other alternative lol The heart truly is deceitful above all things, and increasingly, desperately wicked. I think the hardest spiritual battle any of us will ever fight is that battle against our own will. In fact, it's the one that will bring 100% of believers down, no exceptions; Their unwillingness to submit their will to the Father who they believed in, but who's will they were unfaithful to. Anyway, my only thought on the subject of preexistence is that maybe every one of us is incarnate of an angel who never dies and who's existed since the day angels were created. It's just a thought, nothing more. Remember Lot and the rest of the residents of Sodom recognized the two angels as humans, although no one specific, just humans. Point is, they weren't winged spectacularly glowing orbs or morbidly obscene beasts. They were people, like you and me. Or maybe not, just trying to offer new alternatives here. I think the idea of a guardian angel who's existed since angels were created and never dies also offers a lot of insight to how and why some people were able to appear to reincarnate, or not. Use at your own discretion.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The basis of this thread is the presumption that the soul exists. It's a given that's my opinion, as not everyone believes in a "soul." It's also given that this thread is opinion based and asks for the opinions of others. There should be no need for me to continually provide such a disclaimer.

If reincarnation is real, what other purpose would there be for the reincarnation of the soul other than learning and helping others to learn?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

The basis of this thread is the presumption that the soul exists. It's a given that's my opinion, as not everyone believes in a "soul." It's also given that this thread is opinion based and asks for the opinions of others. There should be no need for me to continually provide such a disclaimer.

If reincarnation is real, what other purpose would there be for the reincarnation of the soul other than learning and helping others to learn?

The 'godhead' is bored, sadistic and enjoys continually putting people through pain, suffering and terror, the 'godhead' is masochistic and enjoys putting itself through pain, suffering and terror. The 'godhead' is loves circles.

The purposes are only limited by one's own imagination.

I say this because you have presented this info in other threads without a disclaimer and others may mistake it as truth (whether it is or isn't).

I have noticed the common approach to reincarnation as it can only be for good which is merely a reflection of the personal desires, hopes, and wishes of the individual making the statement.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Question:

I was thinking about NDE's the other day and then just today I remembered this thread....

How does reincarnation deal with NDE'rs who have been told "it's not your time yet, go back"....Wouldn't they just die and then reincarnate? Reincarnation gives me the impression that there would be no specific "time" that is appropriate to die, any time would suffice....

A2D
edit on 29-6-2013 by Agree2Disagree because: rainbow ponies

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Everyone knows that everything they read on the internet is true. You can't put anything on the internet that isn't true!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join