It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things grow better with coke - pesticide now available in Cherry, Vanilla and classic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
As this is a rather short article I don't think the moderators would mind if I quoted in complete.

There have been many uses for coca cola that I have heard of through the years. I sometimes use it to clean the toilet bowl as it will eat away at any stain, but as a pesticide?

Please note the response from Coca Cola doing damage control. I wonder if they are willing to do damage control on the people who think that their "soft drink" is fairly healthy?

"Farmers use Coke to control pests

Indian farmers are reportedly spraying their cotton and chilli fields with Coca-Cola to protect them from pests.

They say it's much cheaper than chemical pesticides and just as effective at controlling bugs, reports the Guardian.

Hundreds of farmers are reported to have switched to cola in Andhra Pradesh and Chattisgarh states.

Gotu Laxmaiah, a farmer from Ramakrishnapuram, said he was delighted after spraying cola on his cotton crops.

"I observed that the pests began to die after the soft drink was sprayed on my cotton," he told the Deccan Herald newspaper.

Farmers say their cola sprays are invaluable because they are safe to handle, do not need to be diluted and are cheap.

One litre of pesticide costs around �120 but one-and-a-half litres of locally made cola is about 35p.

A spokesman for Coca-Cola said: "Soft drinks do not act in a similar way to pesticides when applied to the ground or crops.

"There is no scientific basis for this and the use of soft drinks for this purpose would be totally ineffective"."

www.ananova.com...
the original article has more information and can be found at:
www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 8-11-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yes coke is bad, but using it as a pesticide? I cant see it being very effective. Plus the farmers are talking about "locally made cola" is that some kinda of knock off coca cola?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Am I seeing things
...I thought I saw similar topics on two or three different threads now. As for soda...any dummy has to know it's bad for you....there's like what, 27 Teasp per 12 oz can of soda!
Yuck!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Don't try this at home...sorry i meant carport.

1.Get a can/bottle of any/most 'soda' and pour it over the roof of your car, generously.

2. Wait 3-7 days.

3. Whip down to an auto-detailer and ask, "what happened to my duco?"

4. Write down the phone# for the spray painter.

Sanc'.

Xon

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
There is a lot of sugar in Cola. Why spray whit it all small animal will come becouse of the sugar. And I know if you put a dirty penny in a glas of coke and lay it the for 24 hours it is clean when it com up. But the Coca Cola that you by in Norway is a good taste and cost almoste 2 dollar for 1/2 liter.

new topics

top topics

join