It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg: If sparklers are legal, the terrorists will win

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
How can this idiot keep getting voted into office. Are New Yorkers really that stupid or is it they just don't care what he does to their city. The NY Yankees should change their name to slaves it would fit them better.

Correctomundo! He was voted into office originally in 2002 and has been voted in every term since. He keeps changing the color of his stripes though which is comical.

Political party
Democratic (Before 2001)
Republican (2001–2007)
Independent (2007–present

Maybe New Yorkers are happy with the guy, I'd assumed they were more opinionated about stuff but, meh. I only hope that the way of New York is not the way of the rest of the country. If he gets voted in again, we all need to keep our mouths shut because that's obviously what those people want.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Thanks for this thread. I agree with some of the bans (on large soda, which is pure sugar poison), but on this one Da Mayor is scared of his own shadow. If I were his shadow, I'd be scared of him!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If he wasn't such a high profile person, wouldn't he be committed? Isn't paranoia a mental illness when it gets as severe as his case?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I was sweeping some trash from underneath a metal table at work a couple of months ago and hit the underside just the right way to split my hand open requiring an emergency room visit, leaving with seven stitches.

Tables, they gotta go!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

But really though, banning large soda's? The point in a free society is that its my choice to drink the damned soda if I wish to. Educate people on how potentially dangerous it is to consume that much sugar, but banning it is not very free now is it?

If I want to go in my kitchen and eat an entire bag of pure cane sugar, I'm gonna do it whether you like it or not. I might die, but its my choice. Some beat cop shows up on my doorstep with a ticket for possessing and consuming that much sugar, I'm laughing in his face and then slamming the door in it regardless of the outcome of those actions just to prove a point.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The soda ban for me is pointless. People who want it will just buy two or more smaller sodas. Also I think if they went back to real sugar in them and not HFCS it would be more benefiting.

A law is not and never has stoped someone from doing what they want. Laws should only be in place to punish a crime not to keep people from living their life. While none of these things are necessary for life some people feel like being able to indulge in something of their choice is living.

Raist

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wondermost

Exactly, the whole point of living is being free to chose. Educating people is fine, tieing their hands is not.

Raist

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

I keep saying this . We didn't vote him into office. His rich pals pulled strings . We are all appalled with the last term shenanigans FORCED on us . The middle class and poor,did not vote for this guy ,so we have no idea how he got into office .

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
reply to post by Hijinx

Wow, that explains why I fried my hand so badly when I used poor judgement while lighting sparklers for the neighborhood kiddos last year. Sparklers hurt.

As far as Bloomberg goes, what probably helped in his re-election was the fact that he is a billionaire. To clarify on the nefarious sparkler issue, apparently the ban against dastardly sparklers is in effect. What Bloomberg is doing is attempting to get Gov. Cuomo to veto legislation that would legalize the sale of sparklers in the state of NY. Sparklers are already banned in NYC and NY state and will remain banned in NYC regardless of whether the legislation to legalize passes or not.

Source: www.nypost.com...

Thank you WA, bump/
Unfortunately DNA in the elites and other well to do has been effectively
sterilized to the point it's become imperial twittendom as in previous
centuries. I think for frequency it may come in waves, like a fever delerium.

A worse concurrent downfall for the rest of us is the fact that rich in a
screud society obviates competency, by purchasing public opinon
and automatic social notariety.
Nothing as the former position could be more often proven untrue, and of
the latter simply the seed of its protection and perpetuation.

Poor kids, they'll be relegated to artificial Hostessoid Cupcakes (at last few thousand
trys by the responder impossible to eat away to cause the shape to resemble a large
cherry bomb). But I've heard stories that rolling out the dark sugary cap into a fuse
between your fingers until it's about 4mm diameter-- and lighting it will send an
aristocrat into an immediate Grand Mal. If you snort the smoke, they'll sinus tac on ya...
or have a planeurism. Squirt, we could only pray... quote me...survival of the twittest.

These guys are way too far off da charts for butterfly nets... I need to
get a seance going and ask Sir Charlie (Bligh) where those two good
long blowguns went.. we need them across the pond.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
bloomberg is such a tool.... why stop at sparklers? if he gets his way i predict that bleach,no salt , sand, charcoal, rusted iron, zinc, and battery acid will try to be banned also... i mean it for "your saftey"

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What a frigging douche.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Wasn't his soda ban overturned by the courts recently? Citing that he does not have the authority to do such a thing?
All banning something does is create more criminals anyway. Power tripping fool Bloomberg is. Vote this POS out of office NY!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
screw bloomberg. Im so sick of hearing about this waste of flesh. Seriously people, just get him out of office... dont keep putting him back in the spotlight.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Good. Sparklers are the most dangerous firework and have badly burned countless kids' hands. If there are a few less of these stupid things being handled as a result of the mayor's concerns, that's fine by me.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wondermost
I was sweeping some trash from underneath a metal table at work a couple of months ago and hit the underside just the right way to split my hand open requiring an emergency room visit, leaving with seven stitches.

Tables, they gotta go!
Ridiculous argument.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You would need 300lbs of sparklers to make the same power as a stick of dynamite.

Go # yourself Bloomberg!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
delete plz?
edit on 28-6-2013 by TruthSeekersRUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
delete plz?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Maybe he should be attacking New Hampshire and South of the boarder for being able to legally sell fireworks TO ANYONE THAT GOES TO THOSE STORES. REGARDLESS OF WHERE THE BUYER IS FROM......

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Oh..

Did you know it is legal in NY for any female to show her beasts in any area at any time as long as she is not being paid to do so?

NY is full of BULL# LAWS. It is also illegal to fart in public when in NY, after 6PM.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join