It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg: If sparklers are legal, the terrorists will win

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by camaro68ss

Really I was certain this was a joke. Turns out the joke is on NYC and it citizens for electing this man. I am wondering though how many through out the country have these same fears and how long it will be before they come after everything else?

Raist

the crazy part of me asks ---> 'how do we actually know which person gets more votes, and which is 'electronically enhanced'?

with that kind of money, only MEGALOMANIA, would come to mind as why he is mayor.

wouldnt YOU have better things to do?
I sure would

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What's so odd to me is why he made this issue about "terrorists" at all ?! Perhaps had it been because of fire or safety hazards, it would have made some sense, although I still find that paranoid.....Sparklers are an American tradition, Kids Love them.......

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
As I call him,FUHRER BLOOMBARF .SIG HEIL MEIN FUHRER MORON !
Hate the man . Hate him .
He's so out of touch ,its not funny. He will go down as the most hated mayor of nyc ever.
Ruined the city . Literally . Hate him .
Sparklers are terrorist weapons now...
Yah ok . Then I was a terrorist when I was 5-16

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Somebody call DHS! I've found a terrorist training camp!!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Isn't this the large cola guy? Some of these idiots won't be happy until the whole populace is in chains i think! It's actually laughable how lame these guys are!!

WTF seriously WTF!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

but why would our government use them against us when they have such an array of weapons?(Snip)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Somebody call DHS! I've found a terrorist training camp!!

On the phone with them right now. I'm going to see to it that these horrible terrorist miscreants get taken down. How dare they use sparklers for a celebration! The nerve!

'MURRICA!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

I am not sure the majority is smarter though. It is sad to say, but if we were smarter would we be manipulated so easily?

Raist

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

Because scary.

Life is to frightening to live, we need lots of bubble wrap.

Raist

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Sparklers and cola. These people are serious.

Raist

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Bloomberg must have been raised by a "nanny",,,,and never played outdoors as a kid and was afraid of fireworks on the Fourth of July. Sad...but money cant buy inner security - just fed the compulsion to want to control others.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is not the first time that sparklers have been banned from new york state. I remember a decade ago or so, sparklers were banned for a year or two. Can't remember why though.
Edit: Did some research and found that sparklers were banned for a long time and were only brought back in 2011
www.9wsyr.com...
edit on 6/28/2013 by TwiztidRoman because: Did research

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If NYC and others in the northeast actually support Bloomberg then I think they should succeed from the US. Banning sparklers because of terrorism is about as un-American as one can get.

How could the people vote this guy in office?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by truthermantwo

I am not sure the majority is smarter though. It is sad to say, but if we were smarter would we be manipulated so easily?

Raist

The fact that the people who get elected, get re-elected is damnation enough for the intelligence level of the average voter....

Unfortunately I have seen "on the street interviews" of voters and potential voters who have no effing clue who they are voting for other than some wild perception that is far from fact. They are clueless when it comes to politics and current events....sad...really sad. The young people swallow claims made by politicians that are obviously false, and fail to even investigate the veracity....(as an example: Hillary claiming the recession of the early 21st century as the worst since the depression. Anyone living during the Carter era would know better.)

The worst thing we could do as a country is to become a direct democracy...

Perhaps we should form 2 new political parties. We could name one "the ignorant masses". Unfortunately they would win every election. So...not a good idea, that.

edit on 28-6-2013 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

You are assuming elections are fair.

I think they are fair more or less at the local level, however it seems like most of the bigger races are against two hand picked people who are more or less the same, just one wears a red tie, the other blue. They debate of minor issues that don't really matter or they have no real control over but divide the vote(i.e. gay marriage, the economy, ect), but at the end of the day neither will really do anything different when the get in office. However when a legit third party(or someone who isn't mainstream) becomes popular there almost always is a smear campaign.

Elections in the US are rigged in my opinion, sure they can be rigged by the electronic voting machines but most of the time they don't even have to do that. The average sheep's opinion can be changed by skewed polls, campaign ads, and phony debates. Ultimately whoever spends the most on their campaign almost always wins the election. Elections are not won by one's policies, they are won by whoever is given the most money.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Terrorist is going to be the new “Jew” term as was in Nazi Germany

You're exactly right. Since TPTB obviously can't spread mass fear of Jews anymore, they needed something new to unite people against. "Terrorists" fit perfectly. It's all been planned long in advance.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Oh wow. We are at this now? What else is next? You cant smile because that could be code for something?

This has to be the dumbest thing I have read about people so far! What is America turning into?
This has to stop at some point right?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandStrategy
Ever picked up a recently discarded sparkler by the wrong end? OUCH is all I can say

I bet you've lit the wrong end of a sparkler tho. Nevermind, I know I'm right.

edit on 28-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The other morning on the way home from work the sun got in my eyes. It was dangerous we need to ban it ASAP

Raist
edit on 6/28/13 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Citing the threat of terrorism as justification for some new law is fast becoming a cliche.

Does anyone seriously believe this tosh anymore?

They are flogging a dead horse.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join