It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg: If sparklers are legal, the terrorists will win

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

The terrorists have already won... Bloomberg being a good example of how ludicrous hypocrisy is today, somehow, the voice of authority in what was once the nation's leading city.

If there is a singular example of government using fear to drive people to surrender their liberties... this guy is the posterchild.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This chattering monkey's asshole was born 1000 years too late to behave like this. He thinks he's His Royal Majesty Of Planet Earth. Its becoming comical to watch him decree this or that upon his "loyal subjects". No sparklers for little Johnny so little Mikey feels safe locked in his citadel surrounded by a heavily armed private army bolstered by the NYPD.

Jackass.
edit on 27-6-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
They say that the terrorists MIGHT use them to light a bomb? WTH? I take it the terrorists are shopping at Acme now? I understand that theoretically they COULD, but I'm pretty sure there are a million better ways to set off a bomb. I think maybe ol' Mayor boy is just trying to cover his real fear of Wiley Coyote. Don't worry Mayor, the Roadrunner will get ' em!!

ETA: I totally read that story wrong, I see how you can make a bomb OUT of sparklers. But come on, ya'll know what I said up above is probably the real truth....
edit on 27-6-2013 by Ranthenae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
If I drink milk and laugh, blowing said milk out of my left nostril...Is that a possible WMD?

According to this idiot, it may be.

Peace

edit on 27-6-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Pay attention people that is the ideology behind, 'If we don't spy on our own citizens terrorist's will win'.

And that is exactly how they get away with it.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
found this extremely telling video about bloomberg and his army of crooked cops.

cooking books, letting criminals walk so the cops look like their tactics are working. racial profiling, the list of shady doings by the PD is truly alarming

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by jude11

WMD?

Weapons of Mucous Destruction?

Peace

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I can see where he's coming from on this one.

"Ouch! Those sparks stung my skin a little! That's going to itch for a few minutes. DAMN YOU, TERRORISTS!"

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I have never hated anyone in my life more than I hate Bloomberg. If you took both of my ex wives and combined them together, they are but a moon cast shadow on the disdain, hate and sickness I feel towards Bloomberg. Who in GODS NAME ever voted for this tool to begin with? That's what I can't figure out.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Clearly the opposite is true.

For... to live in fear, further restrict American Culture and continue to acquiesce

to paranoia, would be clearly a sign of defeat.

The next thing you know, they will be banning swing sets and straws.

Who let these Lawsuit Lillies in here anyway?

The American Citizen should question leaders with Dual Citizenship Passports as to where their

Allegiance resides.

They should also question why a Public Official did not donate Billions of their own Unnecessary personal

wealth to the Hurricane Struck Victims of their own domain.

What a Pathetic and Childish Sandbox

S&F

edit on 27-6-2013 by Wildmanimal because: Hi There

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Is that the same Mayor trying to ban sparklers, that is the Mayor of the same city that is known for one of the biggest fireworks displays in the world every new Year ? So as Mayor of New York, he is giving terrorist even more wins every New Year ?

This is political madness at its absolute finest. For even mentioning this as a serious suggestion, this clown of a Mayor should be physically removed from office by New Yorker's !

Or...................there may be something more sinister going on behind the scenes, and having people argue about the legality of sparklers would make for a nice little diversion wouldn't it ?

Previous experience has taught me that when ever topics like this come up, then you can be sure that there is something more serious going on that isn't being mentioned. This is just another little test gauge that they throw out every once in a while to see how the public react.

Has any "terrorist" ever used a sparkler as a weapon in New York ?
Has anyone in general ever used a sparkler as a weapon in New York ?
Do they have any credible knowledge that sparklers are going to be used as a weapon ?
Do the children in New York at New Years who are given a sparkler to hold by their parents then all grow up to be terrorists ?

If the answer to those 4 questions is no, then why is this clown of a Mayor even talking about it. Or better still, why are we ?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

What is wrong with this man? Does anyone not see he is no longer (if he ever was) competent enough to hold his office?

He is probably more competent than a lot of people that hold office, unfortunately. I don't like his totalitarian outlook on things like soft drinks and sparklers, but at least he has standards of some kind.

Everything else in this country has gone to hell in a hand-basket as far as legitimacy or any form of coherence is concerned.

--------------------

On a side note, the terrorists win if sparklers are banned. Or, you know, when their attack results in exactly the reaction they expected?

Seriously, someone in the 90's has to have been thinking "Hey, if we blow up the World Trade Center, it will result in Americans freedoms being taken away and their government collapsing because of it"

Don't ask me who, I really don't know. lol
edit on 28-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
We all should have seen this coming. You will soon see registration for the use of gunpowder and fireworks. Shutting down the normal people from having any kind of weaponry against the Gov. I'm callin it now over the next few months there will be a questionable explosion involving fireworks or gunpowder. (I believe recently a fireworks facility did catch fire or explode.) Whether it's accidentally or with intent. If they need a reason they will make one. It's the norm in this country now.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by buster2010

If they are not yanking the man from office I am inclined to believe they want him there. I really want to believe I am missing the joke here, sadly I don't think I am. I have got to be to simple to understand the mindset of this man and those who think like him. This man leads nanny state beyond what I would have ever thought. Really it is not the sparklers (yes this article is) but the idea of something like that being banned because of the "what ifs".

Raist

You are missing nothing. Its city folk doing what city folk do: banning things. Hell, city folk don't think the regular restrictions of the municipality are enough. So they made up more rules and created HOA's. This way they can pay someone to terrorize them with code violations and fines on top of our government.

I kid you not. These are the idiots I share my nation with.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bftroop

Wow that takes it a bit farther than I thought... see, the government doesn't have legitimacy right now as far as Democratic legitimacy... so it has to go for military legitimacy. And this means disarmament.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

The man is a complete IDIOT! He thinks he can and should dictate what people eat, what they drink, what they THINK, at this point. He doesn't really believe this himself, either; it's just another thing to CONTROL. If he gets away with this crap in New York, you can bet more like him will try it other places.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Ignorant to ban sparklers. If you ban sparklers then you might as well ban trap shooting and plumbing. Or even dry ice and cola bottles.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherStacks

Dude, that nightmare is everywhere! I stepped in some on my way to work today and my shoe soles damn near melted off! Ban it, I say!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join