It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg: If sparklers are legal, the terrorists will win

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
What is going on in this country and our officials, even at the local levels, where they automatically try to scare people with the words terrorism or terrorist?

Isn't that the idea. The use of fear to control the masses into towing the line.

Here in Australia, fireworks are banned in all states except N.T. and A.C.T. ( unless you know the right people
), but sparklers are available at any deli or supermarket.

It suprises me how controlling your government is, be it local or fedral. Your government listen to your phone calls, read your emails and texts, and claim its all for National Security. But having said that, ours probably does the same through Pine Gap in central Australia, it's just that they haven't been caught out yet.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Now now.... those things are dangerous they can put eyes out, be held incorrectly and weld themselves to your hand, be dropped onto clothes.

I can see it now... A crazy terrorist charging towards a group of civilians armed with some sparklers and whilst they are all watching going "ooohhh" and "aaahhh" the terrorist puts their eyes out and burns their trousers.

An effective form of terrorism as any

On a serious note though, sparklers? I think a car or a squirty gun filled with petrol could be much more effective than a bunch of sparklers... the training manuals must be piss poor if they require you to use sparklers to make bombs. Do Al Qaeda play with sparklers too is it customary to have them about in bulk?

I mean terrorists usually don't care if they die, I'm sure someone could get something a bit more deadly albeit unstabler than a sparkler if they wanted to couldn't they?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Great, now you gave them ideas to ban water guns because someone could put fuel in them and squirt it on people and things.

I guess I better stock up on water guns before the laws take affect.

Raist

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamesthegreat

Originally posted by chiefsmom
What is going on in this country and our officials, even at the local levels, where they automatically try to scare people with the words terrorism or terrorist?

Isn't that the idea. The use of fear to control the masses into towing the line.

Here in Australia, fireworks are banned in all states except N.T. and A.C.T. ( unless you know the right people
), but sparklers are available at any deli or supermarket.

It suprises me how controlling your government is, be it local or fedral. Your government listen to your phone calls, read your emails and texts, and claim its all for National Security. But having said that, ours probably does the same through Pine Gap in central Australia, it's just that they haven't been caught out yet.

This is the baffling thing: as you say "the use of fear to control the masses into towing the line" is last I checked, a pretty good definition of terrorism. So Big Brother uses terrorist tactics to protect us from the "real" terrorists. I would bet my life that Australia has a similar program...hell probably all nations with the necessary resources at hand are doing it. I hope, for all of our sakes, we (as in all people regardless of nation) pull our heads out and find a proper solution.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This guy needs to keep his paranoid hysteria to himself.

Obviously terrorists are "winning" if you're some paranoid, hysterical, hypochondriac--hellbent on trying to get everything banned in sight.

"OMG, terrorists can use Taco Bell hot sauce packets to make pepper spray! OmgZorrzzz111bqq111!!!!!!!"

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Oh, I am not talking about the sort of mindless thuggery that a group beat down involves. I am trying to show that a brick, used with the same aforethought as a bomb, or a gun, or a knife, or a poison, can be a tool of precision where violence is concerned.

Applied with great force to the base of the skull, begining of the neck, there is a good chance to damage the brain stem. With enough force, one could perhaps sever the spinal cord, cutting the body off from the brain, which is pretty much a kill shot. I am talking about using one big whack here, not some moronic frenzy.

It is not pedantry, I am really attempting to illustrate that anything, a dustbin, a brick, a piece of someones rockery, a discarded and split cola can, a wrench, a hammer, a lead pipe and a piece of sporting equipment, yes, even ice hockey boots could be used in a precise, and devastating manner, to cause death, cause terror. None of these things are being banned though, and this makes a nonsense of the ban on a sparkler, something which you have to have an imagination to kill someone with. That makes it impossible to concieve of for the majority of people.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Yep or even lighter objects than a brick. A credit card, if used right, can replace a knife. A bucket of creamer can induce asphyxiation. A newspaper can be rolled just right to be the equivalent of a baton. Don't tell Bloomberg or he'll be seeing threats everywhere.

I wonder how he'd respond to a legion of 1st graders walking down the street holding lit sparklers. Would he freak out or would he think they were cute?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
"Nanny State, Nanny State, Bloomberg's the man,

Make us a Nanny State as fast as you can!

Grab the Coke! Snatch the salt! Got to get those canned!

Get all the sparklers and get them banned!"

New version of "Patty Cake"

Sorry, couldn't help myself!

edit on 27-6-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I am sure he would wet himself and collapse in horror. Soon we will all have to be locked in padded rooms naked so that we do not get hurt or hurt others.

Raist

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Great, now he has a rally cry and battle song for his war of fear. So thanks to posters on this thread he now has ideas for other scary stuff and now has a battle song.

In all seriousness though, this guy really must have some mental disorder happening as we speak.

Raist
edit on 6/27/13 by Raist because: Because I cannot grammar.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I think his reasoning is probably is wtf do you people need sparklers to celebrate something that you do not have. Silly humans fireworks are for free men not slaves suck on your hfcs and have a nice day.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

i can see it now "uhh...i'll take...5,000 boxes please"

NO!

yes, you can make a "bomb" with sparklers, and it is quite loud, but ineffective as an explosive. you'd be better off making something yourself.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I would like to have responded in a semi-intelligent way to this but I can't. After reading this I have, like Bloomberg, no useful brain cells left. They are simply blown away.

Just another reason to hate New York City. The people living there must be the stupidest in America, if not the whole planet, to have ever elected this guy. That is, assuming the voting isn't rigged. They continue to live there, how stupid can you get?

Next on Bloomberg's list are Fritos, I hear. We all know the damage they can cause. Can't let the terrists get a hold of a bag of those or all hell will break loose.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Thats precisely the point. Anything, in the hands of a person who has a) trained to kill, b) thought about it for more than six seconds a day for any number of days, c) psychopaths, sociopaths, and the like, can be, and probably will be used as a weapon.

Heck, why even weild a weapon? You could mangle a persons skull pretty well by throwing them against the corner of a building, or snap a spine by tipping a person over backwards against a walled in flower bed. Heck, you could push a person down some stairs and break near enough every bone in thier body if you do it properly. I do not believe Bloomberg will ban stairs, since I am fairly sure that fire code requires emergancy alternatives to the lifts in the event of an emergancy evacuation.

Human existence is shot through with risk. If you walk across the street, eat tuna from a can, eat raw vegetables, eat red meat, interact with people you have never met, or visit places you have never been, or for that matter step outside your own domain often enough to be considered anything other than a hermit, you are at some manner of risk. Without regular risk and reward, ones psychopathology is altered, because the neurochemical activity of the brain changes. Human minds have been working on the risk/reward, fight or flight response since before we even lost our tails to evolution. They are a fundamental part of the way our brain chemistry is supposed to behave, and messing around with those to the degree that Bloomberg wishes to, means that the people living under his "care" are going to be the most risk averse, fear based, terrorised people the world has ever known.

If he wraps up every dinner knife in four inches of pipe lagging to ensure it cannot accidentally harm anyone, and bans oxygen because technically an over abundance of O2 can cause oxygen toxicity syndrome, then the people under his control will cease to live a human life. The man has either not the intelligence and education to understand how fundamental his idiocy is, or knows how much of a prize wally he is being, but does not care so long as it gains him re-election (by plying for the psychologically maladjusted vote in this manner, he is pretty much garunteeing himself further terms in office).

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Insanity.

When a guy like Bloomberg can be elected, it tells me one thing: THE ELECTIONS ARE RIGGED!

Just think. We not only have Bloomers running the City, we have a misbehaving wiener coming up behind to stick it to everyone next. (Candidate for Mayor Antony Wiener that is... You recall him right? The one sexting pics of himself out to young girls?)

It's a crazy nation when you see the "best" we seemingly have to offer in running now. Oh... We're so doomed, I think we passed that threshold awhile ago. We're approaching 'Every bunny for himself!'.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If they don't bring back "Firefly" then the terrorists have won.

If we have "paper" and the terrorists have "scissors", then the terrorists have won.
edit on 27-6-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
wow, Well it is a good thing Ole Bloomy doesnt live in my neighborhood,.
We always have the best show right in our back yard,.(and the kids LOVE to
run around with sparklers) At our show it kinda sounds like a war zone as the
fireworks we get, are barely legal
.Booms loud enough to shake windows

Terrorists... pffffft

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Wow, that is really sad...
I mean do people really want that kind of rule in NYC? Look at it this way, if you decline celebrating the 4th and or protest that day because you don't support some of the US involvements, you're Anti American. If you celebrate and you light sparklers, etc., with your kids you're a terrorist or enabling them.
...pure insanity, as to what things are coming down to.
edit on 27-6-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

What is wrong with this man? Does anyone not see he is no longer (if he ever was) competent enough to hold his office? What does this man consider safe for adults or children for that matter to have? This is crazy, I cannot begin to understand the fear this man must live in. If not fear it is some bizarre need to rule every aspect of a persons life.
reply to post by Raist

I was thinking the same thing. This guy wants to ban everything.

We had a parade in our city a few weeks ago, and there was a stipulation that no float in the parade was allowed to make any kind of noise. This was in reference to the Boston bombing. They didn't want people to become startled by any loud noise that would be mistaken for a bomb. These elected officials are feeding into exactly what the terrorists want them to do...take away our freedom because of the fear they create.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by Raist

i can see it now "uhh...i'll take...5,000 boxes please"

NO!

yes, you can make a "bomb" with sparklers, and it is quite loud, but ineffective as an explosive. you'd be better off making something yourself.

They can be quite effective. His complaint about deviousness is well founded if ignorant. A bomb made from matches, gasoline or flour can be as destructive. It's not the material, it's the intent.

He wants to somehow suspend intent by making everything that can be made to go boom illegal. Thats just about everything on the store shelf!

Sparkler Pipe Bomb...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join