It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg: If sparklers are legal, the terrorists will win

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I wonder how long before cars are banned from NYC?

I once would have thought such a question like the one I just asked would be something completely stupid to ask. Now I am really starting to wonder. I agree with you salt, soft drinks, sparklers, it leaves me wondering what is next.

Maybe he will only allow safety scissors to be sold there before long. I wonder how he feels about butter knives?

Raist

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

What's becoming apparent is that "common sense" just isn't so common anymore. At the pace we're going, I'm afraid of how things will be a decade from now.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Yes, you can definitely make a "bomb" with sparklers. Like you said, if you take all the material and enclose it in a container and detonate it, I'm sure it could create a pretty big bang.

On the other hand, can't we already do that with matches? Don't see those getting banned anytime soon...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
British government safety videos were enough to instil a certain amount of fear and respect for the sparkler.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Do you suppose, that if a man was found guilty of caving in a persons skull with a brick, that Bloomberg would ban building with them? I mean, I am pretty sure that given a brick, the element of suprise, and a hefty follow through, I could probably do that sort of thing in a single blow, and that would make it officially far more dangerous than a bloody sparkler.

Still, I suppose one could, if one were mentally ill enough, drive the untreated end of a sparlker into a persons occular cavity, and then light it, so that the twitching of the victim creates patterns in the light as they go into shock... Still, it would be more sensible to arrest the person responsible for that, than ban the item they did it with.

Oddly enough, this is precisely the same issue as with gun control, except in the case of sparklers, no terrorist has yet used one in commission of a terror related offence, and further more, no one has ever been caught attempting to murder someone using a sparkler.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Can we not make bombs from other stuff already? I am assuming you are only explaining that they can be made and not agreeing with it, but really if we start to ban things simply on the "what ifs" in life we are going to have a very boring time.

I do not want to live life if everything that has a "what if" danger to it is banned.

Raist

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
You can have semi automatic weapons but not sparklers.......please someone over there get the relevant people together and hit their heads against a wall until they see common sense and when they do see it hit them a few more times to ensure its secure inside their skulls

Bloomburg also is working to ban guns. He is a control freak.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm gonna sparkle you so super hard!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What is going on in this country and our officials, even at the local levels, where they automatically try to scare people with the words terrorism or terrorist?

And sparklers for pete's sake? Is he trying to ruin his town? (tourism wise)
edit on 27-6-2013 by chiefsmom because: clarify

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm afraid to tell him, but when you have to implement restrictions like these....the terrorists have already won.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You do not even need surprise to cave a head in with a brick.
en.wikipedia.org...

Why this man is still/was in office is what I am left wondering. I really think he might have some sort of mental illness. He seems to live in constant fear and paranoia.

Raist

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
live in constant fear and paranoia.

If he saw someone trip over and break there neck he would mostly become afraid of his own feet!
edit on 27-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That was a funny video, a little much if you ask me but it gets the point across.

Here in Quebec sparklers have always been around and a part of every birthday and many other events. You can buy them at practically every corner store. It's very common to even see corner stores sell entire firework kits, with all sorts of different kinds.

link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Wow, that explains why I fried my hand so badly when I used poor judgement while lighting sparklers for the neighborhood kiddos last year. Sparklers hurt.

As far as Bloomberg goes, what probably helped in his re-election was the fact that he is a billionaire. To clarify on the nefarious sparkler issue, apparently the ban against dastardly sparklers is in effect. What Bloomberg is doing is attempting to get Gov. Cuomo to veto legislation that would legalize the sale of sparklers in the state of NY. Sparklers are already banned in NYC and NY state and will remain banned in NYC regardless of whether the legislation to legalize passes or not.

Source: www.nypost.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

This man is clinically paranoid, literally delusional and I believe in serious need of mental evaluation and help. I'm really NOT kidding. He's one of THE single wealthiest individuals on Earth with only a few ahead of him, anywhere ....yet spends his days nannying millions of people like he's not an elected mayor but their mommy and daddy all rolled into one. Baddy, we could call him.

Yes.. Mayor Baddy needs a LONG LONG break away from anyone his illness could continue infecting. He's a public health hazard.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dominar
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That was a funny video, a little much if you ask me but it gets the point across.

Here in Quebec sparklers have always been around and a part of every birthday and many other events. You can buy them at practically every corner store. It's very common to even see corner stores sell entire firework kits, with all sorts of different kinds.

Same in the UK.

You can buy everyone except the display fireworks. And even then the legal ones can be nearly as big as some of the display ones.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

He's as looney as Mayor Adam West!

Amazing how entertainment forshadows real life

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FatherStacks

Now, the American people have got to go about their business. We cannot let the terrorists achieve the objective of frightening our nation to the point where we don't conduct business , where people don't shop.

A great people has been moved to defend a great nation. Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shattered steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve.
America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining.
Today, our nation saw evil, the very worst of human nature. And we responded with the best of America — with the daring of our rescue workers, with the caring for strangers and neighbors who came to give blood and help in any way they could.

en.wikiquote.org...

Bolding is mine.

Yet despite these words we are no longer as free as we used to be. We are no longer conducting business as we used to do. You are correct the terrorists have won. Who those terrorists are is up for some debate, but you can bet they won. Many in the U.S. live in a constant state of fear now. Terrorism is designed to change how you live through fear. To say they have not changed the U.S. is a lie.

Raist

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
As someone that has taken "Safe and Sane" fire works and turned them into unsafe and insane fireworks and been a blaster and worked with high explosives.

You can BUY everything you need in 1000s of stores in NYC to level a city block.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Insanity.

When a guy like Bloomberg can be elected, it tells me one thing: THE ELECTIONS ARE RIGGED!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join