It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg: If sparklers are legal, the terrorists will win

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Bloomberg: If sparklers are legal, the terrorists will win

dailycaller.com

Citing national security concerns and the war on terror, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg asked New York Gov. Michael Cuomo to ban the sale of children’s fireworks.

City officials worried that sparklers — handheld fireworks that emit colorful sparks and are often waved through the air by kids on the Fourth of July — could be used in terrorist attacks, according to The New York Post.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nypost.com
nymag.com
www.newser.com
moonbattery.com

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
What is wrong with this man? Does anyone not see he is no longer (if he ever was) competent enough to hold his office?

What does this man consider safe for adults or children for that matter to have? This is crazy, I cannot begin to understand the fear this man must live in. If not fear it is some bizarre need to rule every aspect of a persons life.

Although firecrackers contain gunpowder, sparklers do not.

Raist

dailycaller.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
We also need to wrap our kids in a bubble when they go outside to play. If they get bacteria on their hands and get sick, the terrorist will win. You don’t want that to happen now do you? Your either with us or you’re a terrorist.

Terrorist is going to be the new “Jew” term as was in Nazi Germany
edit on 27-6-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Did the people of NYC expect this sort of behavior from him before placing him in the office he holds? I am really struggling to understand why they are keeping this man around. He cannot seriously be hoping to accomplish anything but cost himself re-election.

This is not just about sparklers (though the idea of banning them because terrorists might use them is beyond stupid), this is about all of the completely stupid laws this man is pushing. Who on Earth sits back and even comes up with this sort of stuff? How many people in NYC are this afraid of terrorists?

The idea of this completely boggles the mind.

Raist

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Come too the UK we have the right to bare fireworks

Serously though sparklers for terrorism?

I mean you can make the ingediants to build your own for les that £5 off ebay.

And you cant ban the ingediants as they are so easy to come by,

Banning them pointless and stupid

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I read this linked on Reddit thinking it must be a joke to poke fun at this mans idiocy. It turns out not only is it real but I found other artless to back it up. Of course none of them are the main stream (CNN, ABC, NBC) but I do not think they will want to touch this and shed bad light on it.

Really I was certain this was a joke. Turns out the joke is on NYC and it citizens for electing this man. I am wondering though how many through out the country have these same fears and how long it will be before they come after everything else?

Raist

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Dear god...what he really should be banning is the toxic chemical dihydrogen monoxide. It's a known fact that every terrorist on the planet possesses it, it is widely available, and that it kills thousands every year.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
How can this idiot keep getting voted into office. Are New Yorkers really that stupid or is it they just don't care what he does to their city. The NY Yankees should change their name to slaves it would fit them better.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I am still trying to comprehend what this man is thinking. The world he lives in is far different from the one I live in. He makes it seem as if people should be or are in constant fear. It s like he thinks we need a white knight to protect our every waking second of life.

Without any danger in life it is boring and bland. Yes I could die from some terrible event in my life, but smothering out what life really is would be a worse death.

Raist

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Its getting very difficult to tell if a story is a joke story or genuine anymore.

this is only one of a couple i read today and was left wondering afterwards if something like 'the onion' is responsible for starting it.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FatherStacks

Exactly, imagine how much of that stuff is just lying around that kids could get into. I hear they also have a culture of drinking the stuff. Kids and terrorists alike are finding uses for the stuff.

The world is a frightening place.

Raist

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Banning them pointless and stupid

Much like the Mayor himself..

2nd line.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherStacks
Dear god...what he really should be banning is the toxic chemical dihydrogen monoxide. It's a known fact that every terrorist on the planet possesses it, it is widely available, and that it kills thousands every year.

That industrial solvent has killed more humans than any other substance on the planet! Bloomberg needs to ban that as well!!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I guess I could expect him to want to ban sparklers.

I mean if he thinks salt in a restaurant kitchen and soft drinks over 16 ounces need to be banned.... Why the hell would he trust the public with sparklers?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

If they are not yanking the man from office I am inclined to believe they want him there. I really want to believe I am missing the joke here, sadly I don't think I am. I have got to be to simple to understand the mindset of this man and those who think like him. This man leads nanny state beyond what I would have ever thought. Really it is not the sparklers (yes this article is) but the idea of something like that being banned because of the "what ifs".

Raist

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I was certain I would get a good laugh out of the article when I read the headline. Then I read it and did a search and found more on it. If it were a joke I would hope someone would pick up on it by now. I admit I can miss a joke from time to time, but really this is freaky stupid beyond belief.

It is like a weird twilight zone nanny state.

This is so stupid crazy I wish it would turn out to be a joke.

Raist

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Ban sparklers?

Ok, thats just about the most freaking idiotic thing, I have EVER heard, and I mean in my whole entire life. First of all, a terrorist of even the most limited education in bomb making, could construct a rudimentary but effective explosive from the contents of your kitchen under sink cupboards. Furthermore, with the contents of the average one car garage (tool kits, screws, bolts, nuts, razor blades, drill bits), and potting shed (fertilisers), they could make a really powerful explosive, with fragmentation elements, capable of killing hundreds, if placed correctly.

At no point would they require a childrens sparkler to make any of this happen. Why is it that rather than deal with the problem at hand, the government of the US , and for that matter my own nation, insist on making everything bloody miserable for innocent people? Is there some sort of statutory requirement which insists that this happen?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You can have semi automatic weapons but not sparklers.......please someone over there get the relevant people together and hit their heads against a wall until they see common sense and when they do see it hit them a few more times to ensure its secure inside their skulls

link   
reply to post by Raist

Sparklers provide their own oxygen source, burn at several thousand degrees. melt metal.... hmmmmm...

you can make some pretty good booms with sparklers and tape...

Now imagine if you remove all the fuel from the stick, powder it and place it in an object such as a pipe. The neat thing being the more pressure and heat around the fuel, the faster it burns and the bigger the bang.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

link   
Wow, was that article satire or something?

It sounds completely ridiculous... "Fireworks can cause dramatic harm and even kill" No s*** Sherlock so do a million other things, are you going to restrict everything just to feel safe?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join