It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Thieves Banquet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Heres a new track from Akala, one of the greatest minds in UK rap. An artist who is censored on TV and avoided by the mainstream even though he has the biggest fan base throughout the UK.

I know the people of ATS will love this, so please take a few minutes to listen
The concept of the song comes from a book called 'The Devil on the Cross' by the Kenyan author Ngugi Wa Thiong. In the book the Devil orders a Banquet of Thieves for all the greatest thieves and murderers in the world - He said you can all compete, you have to prove to me which one of you is the biggest scumbag in the world and which one should win.

In this tune Akala rightfully choose; Monarch of Empire, 3rd World Dictators, Heads of Religious Orders & Heads of Banking Cartels. Akala takes on all these characters, making them fight and prove to the devil as to who has done the most damage to humanity.

Anyhow I'll post the video, and post some lyrics from the video below. Please view this ATS, this isnt no auto tune, bling, bitch, yolo rap - this Artist is the future, we need to push this genre more

[Intro: Akala (speaking)] Once upon a time in an obscure part of the Milky Way Galaxy, there was a spinning ball of water and rock ruled by the forces of evil. The Devil himself, proud of the magnificent achievements of his children, decided to call a special banquet for the greatest thieves in all the land. He sent invites to thousands of the greatest murders, rapists and general-assorted scum, inviting them to attend his palace at the dawn of the new moon. Each thief would be given a chance to stake his claim as the greatest messenger of murder upon the planet, and the Devil himself would then decide who should be crowned king. After many days of deliberating, all of the petty thieves, such as street criminals, have been found far short of the required level of wickedness and there were just four sets of thieves left in the competition. They were: the monarchs of empire, a cartel of bankers, the heads of religious orders, and the third-world dictators. Each set of thieves appointed a spokesman to give his case to the Devil. We have recorded these events for posterity.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Similar title but a thousand times superior.

edit on 27-6-2013 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2013 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Im liking the lyrics and tune in this one. Reminds me a bit of Wiley. Yea agreed hes right they are all thieves to!...The first i have heard of this guy as well. Thanks for posting this

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

we need to push this genre more

Sorry no can push, not a new genre stll hiphop....but very poetic, good lyrics with the exception of "third world dictators".
The 3rdWDicts are the tools and puppets of the "monarchs of empire, a cartel of bankers, the heads of religious orders"
The illusion of Democracy is the greatest "con" we live under. We are no longer a "Cratos" ruled by the "demos"... we live under an observable Oligarchy more accurately described as a Plutocracy

join