It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Enhancing a Nasa Photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hello All;

Attached is an Apollo 12 Image AS12-48-7084 and page 122 of the Apollo 12 Lunar Module On-Board Voice Transcript. Can anyone help me enhance this image to determine what exactly is sitting on the edge of the crater.

Here's my attempt to enhance image; not very good.

Here's Original NASA Image and Transcript.

Link To Transcript

Thanks for the help...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imurxtacy247
Hello All;

Attached is an Apollo 12 Image AS12-48-7084 and page 122 of the Apollo 12 Lunar Module On-Board Voice Transcript. Can anyone help me enhance this image to determine what exactly is sitting on the edge of the crater.

Here's my attempt to enhance image; not very good.

Here's Original NASA Image and Transcript.

Link To Transcript

Thanks for the help...

The transcript is referring to the Surveyor 3 probe that you cropped out of the original NASA image trying to enhance the crater.
edit on 27-6-2013 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Imurxtacy247

No offense but if you have to enhance something to try to guess what it is you will probably not get any decent or halfway conclusive results.

Anomalies shouldnt have to exist in the 'blurry - to far away to see what it is zone'.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Are you looking for someone to help you Alienate the photo from it's present state

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
OP, you're actually looking at a pic of the inside of a moon crater with smaller craters inside it.

The object they are referring to is the module directly center of the picture, which if you look at the slope of the crater the entire picture is indeed inside a crater.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
All;

Remember Apollo 12 visited Surveyor Crater as part of mission. I guess my question should have been is it possible to sharpen, or improve the image at all to see what the Astronauts saw according to the transcript.

Thanks.

Here's my attempt without the transcript piece inserted.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Imurxtacy247 because: Forgot to insert link to Image

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Yes it is possible to sharpen and magnify what the astronauts saw, it's clearly in the middle of the picture, has a very light complexion and looks reminiscent of a stainless steel barbeque grill.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
All;

Thanks for the feedback!

I'll research further elsewhere I was hoping to find more information here. My bad.

Thanks Anyway

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Ok OP, I CSI miami'd your picture to help you better in your quest for shenanigans.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
All I did was ask for help with an image. Your DRUG comment wasn't necessary. SAD..

Goodbye ATS

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

All I did was google a picture that had the module circled, does it matter what words the stars formed in that picture?

You know the module you asked for help locating, the same one the astronauts were referring to in that log, the same module you keep ignoring for the hopes of someone saying " omg that rock looks like an aliens".

What did you expect, you wanted to find more , now you got it , don't be so disapointed, you came a trollin, now keep on a rollin.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

All I did was ask for help with an image. Your DRUG comment wasn't necessary. SAD..

Goodbye ATS

I agree the drug comment was pretty lame especially if the guy wasted his time and effort to custom-make all that but that means he cares and that's better than total indifference or forum full of kool-aid drinkers. As long as you get the answer that is unbiased and accurate to you that's the important thing and more often than not you will get that in this forum . Also try the space forum and you will usually get more civilized and thought-out reponses.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

All;

Remember Apollo 12 visited Surveyor Crater as part of mission. I guess my question should have been is it possible to sharpen, or improve the image at all to see what the Astronauts saw according to the transcript.

Thanks.

Here's my attempt without the transcript piece inserted.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Imurxtacy247 because: Forgot to insert link to Image

When you blew that up and clarified it, I noticed a line of stars that are in the picture near the horizon. I don't recall seeing a distinct line of stars in that area of the sky at night, although our atmosphere could be dampening the view a little. Maybe a small comet?

There are two sets of these lines, I am talking about the one closer to the center of the image when the magnifier is used.
edit on 28-6-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

join