It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration Bill: Millions More Stand To Lose Their Jobs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Sonny, I'm usually a "glass half full" type of guy.

But right now, the only positives I have are that I have been preparing for this.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

People focus their anger on the Illegals, which is understandable to a point, but it helps nothing,look to who really benefits and profits from it.

I'm not focusing anger on illegals. I don't think it's asking too much of them to follow our immigration procedures. I certainly don't think its asking to much of our elected officials to secure our borders, enforce federal law and protect our sovereignty.

As far as companies hiring illegals, there are huge penalties in place that should be enforced. I was referring to the "registered provisional immigrant" status. With this status, it would be totally legal for companies to hire them. I blame the government for this atrocity.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

People focus their anger on the Illegals, which is understandable to a point, but it helps nothing,look to who really benefits and profits from it.

I'm not focusing anger on illegals. I don't think it's asking too much of them to follow our immigration procedures. I certainly don't think its asking to much of our elected officials to secure our borders, enforce federal law and protect our sovereignty.

As far as companies hiring illegals, there are huge penalties in place that should be enforced. I was referring to the "registered provisional immigrant" status. With this status, it would be totally legal for companies to hire them. I blame the government for this atrocity.

I know what you mean, believe me, I also think Immigrants should respect the law, but it is human nature that there will be some who won't obey laws, just like natural citizens otherwise we wouldn't have police and jails, I also know that not everyone that crosses is a saint, a good deal have more malicious personalities and what not, and it all goes unchecked. I believe also that we are under an illusion of sovereignty, the elected officials seem to do only what personally benefits them. We lost the true sovereignty a long time ago. There are more nefarious reasons (I believe) for the Government to allow such rampant unchecked illegal immigration. What I am trying to get the focus on is not to be swayed into isolated discussions about Illegal immigration, because yes, we know it is wrong, we know it should not happen, we know the border should be respected, but WHY is it allowed, focus and dig to find out who truly profits.

Complaining about illegals is just complaining, finding out why it is allowed and bringing that info to light is what is important I think. I just don't like when things get side tracked and it just becomes a heated argument focusing on the bad aspects (there are some good and beneficial ones too, perhaps not many) and the longer the threads get the more heated and hateful it gets, and then I look at it and see, it's just ignoring what is really causing it, and not solving anything, just rants. Each side has valid points to make, but nevertheless, it does not get at the source, it all remains on the cosmetic surface of the issue.

I do understand, but whether I agree or disagree, I just wish that (perhaps not you), but others would stop pouring hate and instead look for the real issue, the real reasons why it is allowed. I am still digging myself, but who else will join me in the search when everyone is busy filing personal complaints on the boards about uninsured illegals, no tax paying illegals (there are natural citizens that do the same, just as there are illegals that do carry insurance and pay taxes(I personally know many who do)) there are counter points in everything. But getting to the bottom of the issue is the important part in my opinion.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Majestic Lumen because: Clarification

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Make sure to thank the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives for rolling out a red carpet for tens of millions of illegals immigrants, while turning their backs on American citizens as they get kicked to the curb.

For those of you living in parts of the country that have been insulated from this problem, here's a small taste of some things that are coming your way.

F.T.G.

edit on 28-6-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Immigrants not only steal jobs from the taxpayers, they steal govt benefits (like health care and schooling) from the taxpayers too. Plus they steal IDs.

Anyone who things latin immigration is good has only to look at how it destroyed CA. 30 years ago it was the richest state in america and now it's a bankrupt sewer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join