It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Unlooted Royal Tomb of Its Kind Unearthed in Peru

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazootica
Very cool find. There are probably still hundreds of sites around the world like this untouched. I always wondered what kind of $$ compensation they get for finding stuff like this?

Typically archeologists work off of grants from Universities and private institutions, part of which keeps them fed and clothed from day to day. They can also bring in income from being paid to speak at seminars or on a show. Donations also help them. If they manage to publish something in a journal I believe they may be compensated for that as well, but I don't know all the details.

I would like to know what kind of stories or scribing may be on the art and walls as more knowledge of the dig comes to light. It is very intriguing to read the myths and folklores they believed in as well as whatever historical documenting they did.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Robertsy

they seriously thought you took all the belongings with them when they died.

Lol, is that what they say?

Thats just exactly what I'd expect a greedy person to say. After all, they got all that wealth in the first place through me,me,me greed...

"I'm taking it with me."

Their last greedy act.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

Sounds like they kept it a secret to SECRETLY steal some of this for themselves to be rich afterwards.....Speaking on greed anyways....

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm surprised that nobody has yet offered the obvious comment regarding the failure of the article writer to recognise basic and fundamental archaeological/anthropological truth; that these so-called "earliest South American cultures" were often seeded by the remnant of the slaves of the South American branch of a much more ancient 'pan-global god culture'.

The image of a horned 'devil' that we in the West see everywhere around Halloween has its roots not in the Judeo-Christian Canon, but is rather the Jungian cultural meta-memory of the often savage and devilish 'gods' whose society spanned the globe at times, with the images from Sumer best demonstrating the horned headgear they wore.

Think Prometheus mixed with the 'Prescient' of Cloud Atlas, mixed with the 'Ancients' of Stargate Universe and throw in a dash of Thundercats & Mysterious Cities of Gold - shake well and pontificate regarding the Matrix trilogy - the synopsis you'll find is basic compared to the much more complex actual scenario of Earth's ancient history, in terms of the origins, preface context, societal hierarchies, demise and metaphysical ramifications for Mankindd - but you're halfway to the Truth nnevertheless.
Peace.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
And no, I do not worship Sitchin, but at least he tried to uncover the actual truth, rather than live blinkered like the 'Establishment folk' of Isaac Asimov's excellent work "Nightfall".

Read the book. It is worth pursuing the 'True True', and not just dismissing the deeper and more 'debunked' side of things.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
It's great to see there's still stuff buried out there that we can find.

I agree; they're cool to see and everything, but I think it's wrong that we just dig them up and put the items in museums. Especially when they're talking about how amazing it is that the tomb hasn't been looted, and then take it for themselves.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'm happy this site was found by scientists before the looters found it. Our knowledge of our past is so incomplete--every artifact found adds another few lines to the story of us.

Looking at the photos from a link given in a post above, I'm certain the 'ancient astronaut' adherents will be very interested in the vessel in the background--the face(s) in a 'helmet'.

source

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Awesome Find!! I would s & f if I knew how.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I couldn't imagine the types of thrills I would get if I had found something like this. The story reminds me of the finding of the tomb of King Tut with all his gold and belongings. I think that one had actually been looted a few times though. The fact that they found this in so pristine a condition is AWESOME. what a validation of a lifes worth of hard work for this guy. And there were three queens in there two? Bonus! Awesome thread Gray!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Nice find, to bad there ant alot of pictures, wonder what they are hiding. They always keep the good stuff for themselves.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Tough crowd

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join