It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are adults talked into believing in fantasy creatures, miracles and magic?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

Originally posted by Greatest I am
How are adults talked into believing in fantasy creatures, miracles and magic?

Please ignore that I do not believe in any invisible entity. I would like this thread to be about you.
I also have rejected the notion of anything being able to breach the limits of nature and physics.
No miracles allowed in my theology.

www.youtube.com...

If you do not follow your religion because of culture and tradition, when did you begin to be a believer?

Can you describe how you were made to believe in fantasy or imaginary creatures?

Were you an adult at that time or a child?

If a child, could this real phenomena be what caused you to believe?

academia.edu...

Regards
DL

I never believed in anything spiritual until I got proof of it and am still under the assumption that humans have no clue "what is" including myself. I get more confused the further down the rabbit hole I walk but I feel no real fear. I am past all fear after a amagydala fear overload.

From my own experiance synchronicity is a part of human experiance but people are to unaware to understand it. Chakras or something similar is in my experiance real and when I love things I receive love back from something more. If that is a higher self/ a blessed ONE of something else makes little difference.

The real problem with my experiance is that it makes me want to go to a place I cannot go yet where things seem to be very different than being a human here on earth.

I like higher ideals and would follow any god/awareness that are doing the right thing for all souls. Any awareness that are higher then me and do not act the right way will have a big problem with me since I hate bullies. There must be balance even for what humans call gods.

I do not even think humans have any excuse for going against symbiosis and doing ego parasitic behaviour. But awarenesses that are on a higher level have even less of an excuse.
edit on 27-6-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

"I never believed in anything spiritual until I got proof of it".

I shared this characteristic before my apotheosis.

I have no proof to show for this but lay it out as anecdotal information.

I imagine that you also have no proof to show but do give us your story.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
reply to post by Greatest I am

It's not about belief.

It's about suspension of disbelief.

You may be right if children are the subjects, as indicated by the princess Alice information, it does not tell us why those young minds can do it.

Adults would have something else driving that as they are brighter.

I hope.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boscov

We are all encouraged at some point in our childhood to imagine. As our brains develop, we all begin asking simple questions that often are difficult to prove or explain. Children come up with all sorts of answers, very creative and imaginative, and pose their understandings first by testing acceptance of their theories. Adults do not do this, rather they search for truths or facts to relay information. When adults explore their imaginations, it is referred to as fantasy and too much fantasizing is considered taboo and disruptive to adulthood. The Bible tells us there comes a time to stop acting and thinking as children, to grow up. Children, for the most part, are encouraged to IMAGINE, because it aids adults in communicating with adolescents. When adults struggle to convey an idea or explanation, we often grasp for analogies or even ask the child to think of it another way, or subtly make a bridge of understanding to answer the query. This opens the child's mind to averting considered elusive truths with other more convoluted, complex explanations, otherwise known as forced misinterpretations for convenience, better known as a form of lying. And when children grow old enough and aware enough to point out the flaws in adult explanations, adults cover their a$$es with more unsubstantiated truths. Take the Santa explanation: He is real and has magic powers. Kid decides he is not real. Some adults, not all, tell the child they are right, but his spirit is real. Kid cannot disprove that, so it becomes fact. So, I say these beliefs you talk of come to live not by proof exactly, but by children not being able to disprove them. Most manipulative. Some beliefs are allowed to exist past adolescence, some not. Again, most manipulative. Adults also get satisfaction out of lying to children and watching them blindly and whole heartedly believe them. Ohhh, that is so cute. So not only is the child disillusioned, they are mocked by their naivety. But children are not inherently naive, we make them that way for amusement and self gratification. We desperately try to reinforce that we know more than children, but I am not so sure. What we know more of and about is only our explanation of what we observe. They see things differently, more simply, more purely, yet we teach them to avoid their own perceptions and believe our lies on the basis that they long for our attention and praise, nurturing and playfulness, security and comfort. Not all adults do this all the time, but all adults do it some of the time, because they are scared of children perceiving they do not know answers to good questions, sometimes basic observations. Adults encourage a child's imagination because it allow them to deceive children, although the adult's intention is not always to harm, it does. Gosh...then at an adult's determined point in time the child must grow up and abandon thinking and explaining with their imagination. Why? Because God said so? Seriously? Imagination and fantasy are one in the same, and are not problematic. When adults use the gift of imagination or fantasy against another adult or child is where it all goes to hell. We need more dreamers, imaginative thinkers, and we should encourage imagination to broaden and seek truth, not use it to deceive, create fear, and misinform.
edit on 27-6-2013 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

Worth the read Thanks.

Perhaps if we did give our children full mental freedom, we would be pleased by how they might improve on what we are trying to teach them.

We adults fear to gage our performance and may be purposely dumbing down our own children.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL CONFESS EVEN YOU WILL DO THIS ONE DAY.

I hope so. I will confess that Christians who have embraced human sacrifice and the notion that it is good for God to punish the innocent instead of the guilty, ---- are completely immoral.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning.
He would know that barbaric human sacrifice is immoral.

You do.
Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

When you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

When you say yes, you become his.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

Originally posted by setibuddies
Most comics, of any period - golden age, silver age whatever - make more sense than any religious texts I've read from any of the world's more popular religions.

They certainly make much more sense than those who are so-called experts in the field of their theologies when attempting to explain and rationalize the inconsistencies away.

Please list some of these inconsistencies and maybe some of us will explain them to you. That is if there truly are inconsistencies and not just your imagination that there are some.

Let us see if your moral sense is consistent. Two questions for you.

1. If I say that I was moved by someone evil to hurt someone without cause, am I a sinner if I have hurt of allowed hurt to visit them?

2. If your God would say that he was moved by someone evil to hurt someone without cause, is he a sinner if he hurts or allows hurt to visit them?

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

That would be easier to believe if it weren't the adults that were teaching the children how to suspend their disbelief.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

When someone includes a title with the term "fantasy creatures" he is starting out in a confrontational manner

Now wait a minute. Would you feel the same if the OP had said, when did you start smoking those expensive cancer sticks that have no good purpose whatsoever to them?

I smoke em, but I can still admit that it's beyond stupid, a waste of money, and a waste of my health. So, why is the term 'fantasy creatures' automatically confrontational? Especially seeing that that's what angels and demons and biblical gods are.
edit on 7/9/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots

That would be easier to believe if it weren't the adults that were teaching the children how to suspend their disbelief.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Exactly and the question is; what is driving these adults to knowingly lie to their children?

Christians, Muslims and all believers, please tell us the answer.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Metallicus

When someone includes a title with the term "fantasy creatures" he is starting out in a confrontational manner

Is that not what debate is all about?

Are debates not a place where debaters confront each other and their ideas?

Shall I kiss your ass as I try to change your foolish thinking?

Proverbs 3:12
For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

I love you but kiss your own ass or stay in the land of fools.

Regards
DL

top topics

<< 1   >>

join