Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

America should be proud of Muslim President.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

How on earth can a President of America help a gang of Muslim Sunni terrorists get more power and arms

Someone didn't read up on their history.

The same question you ask now should also be asked of Reagen and Both Bushs.

www.cato.org...

Yet the Bush administration did more than praise the Taliban’s proclaimed ban of opium cultivation. In mid-May, 2001, Secretary of State Colin Powell announced a $43 million grant to Afghanistan in addition to the humanitarian aid the United States had long been providing to agencies assisting Afghan refugees. Given Callahan’s comment, there was little doubt that the new stipend was a reward for Kabul’s anti-drug efforts. That $43 million grant needs to be placed in context. Afghanistan’s estimated gross domestic product was a mere $2 billion. The equivalent financial impact on the U.S. economy would have required an infusion of $215 billion. In other words, $43 million was very serious money to Afghanistan’s theocratic masters.

And here we have the government giving 43 mil in aid to the Taliban who in turn probably turned around and gave money to bin laden to help fund 9/11.

DOH!
edit on 27-6-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)
edit on 27-6-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
I don't care either way what his religion is. His race doesn't matter to me either. He's just a bad president, and that's the end of it. It is unfortunate, but that is where it stands. I also see no way to change that until election time.

Lets just hope one side or the other..or a 3rd.. someone though, comes up with a viable candidate people can vote for without holding their nose and trying to ignore the motion of their hand as they do it. Heck, I always vote because races like School Board, City Council and Mayor aren't rigged. I know a couple serving currently in local communities. Same with Statehouse, at least here. 1 guy I knew who had served there was no special person, just very down to earth and didn't much care for the job after having had it a term.

Still.......The General National Election has become more and more a thing I wish they didn't have the more important local races on. If it were JUST President, even I wouldn't go anymore. That's the likely truth. I don't think that's even remotely winnable in any sense we'd know the term. Not anymore... Not since third parties have been made all but extinct by regulation changes which both parties supported with enthusiasm.
edit on 27-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: added text for clarity

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Someone didn't read up on their history.

Someone should take their own advise.

Those were Mujahideen NOT Taliban.

Taliban

1979: The then Soviet Union invades Afghanistan.

1980: Soviet troops set up a puppet regime in Kabul, the Afghan capital. The US, Pakistan, China, Iran and Saudi Arabia offer support to anti-communist Muslim Afghan fighters (mujahideen) who opposed the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan.

1988–1989: The Soviet Union withdraws after 15,000 Soviet soldiers die in the conflict.

1992: Mujahideen forces, led by Ahmed Shah Massoud, remove the Soviet-backed government of Mohammad Najibullah, sparking rivalry among militias vying for influence.

1993: Different factions agree on the formation of a government with Burhanuddin Rabbani as president but infighting continues and lawlessness becomes rampant.

1994: The battles reduce much of Kabul to rubble. Mullah Mohammed Omar, a Muslim cleric, sets up Taliban movement of Islamic students who take up arms, capture Kandahar and advance on Kabul

Ronald Reagan

In office
January 20, 1981 – January 20, 1989

edit on 27-6-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
Muslim President, what are you talking about?........Oh, you mean the Muslim Dictator.
end/sarcasim

The fact is that I don't care what his religious beliefs are as long as it's not Islam, but that is more of a movement than a religion. The true point is that Obama is just another GW Bush, difference is Obama doesn't hide his sentiments and agenda. Bush was just as bad at attacking our freedoms, as was Clinton and in all reality every POTUS in the last half of the 20th century has been a pawn for big government and the shadow figures that control government.

None of the presidents in the last 50 years have performed their duties under the constraints and limitations set forth in the Constitution and same goes for members of the House and Senate. All of this partisan finger pointing and Democrat/Republican bickering is a show that is designed to keep the American people in a state of confusion and infighting.

Amen, my brother - Amen. Obama and Bush are nearly identical in how they run the country (into the ground).

When are Americans going to wake up and see the non-difference. We have become a nation who votes in catch-phrases (which are all lies) instead of leaders. GW Bush would get congressional approval to bend us over, Obama doesn't have time for that. He just bends us over by executive order. Same results from all of them though - feed the rich with the corpse of what used to be the middle class.

Oh - and like many others have said already OP...the whole Obama is a Muslim thing is ignorant at best. You don't have to make stuff up - he's done plenty wrong without needing to falsly label him.
edit on 27-6-2013 by tallcool1 because: clarity

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Yea, I voted for Bush too. Feels like a hangover.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The post was in response to this.

How on earth can a President of America help a gang of Muslim Sunni terrorists get more power and arms

Well we supported the Mujahideen against the communist backed government in Afghanistan at the time.
Osama Bin Laden who fought and organized groups as a mujahadin commander was funneled millions of dollars by Reagen.

So in a very real way. Reagen had a part in training and funding the Taliban in the early years. He practically helped to create them.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Well we supported the Mujahideen against the communist backed government in Afghanistan at the time.

True...

Osama Bin Laden who fought and organized groups as a mujahadin commander was funneled millions of dollars by Reagen.

Really???
Linky here

"Personally neither I nor my brothers ever saw any evidence of American help"

Also,

"When my mujaheddin were victorious and the Russians were driven out, differences started [between the guerrilla movements]"

So began the birth of the Taliban years later in 1994

Interesting......

So in a very real way. Reagan had a part in training and funding the Taliban in the early years. He practically helped to create them.

Then by that logic Democrats were responsible for Reagan trickle down economics during the 80s because Reagan was a Democrat once upon a time and Russia is now presently being ran by the KGB because Putin was KGB once upon a time...

Eh?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

"Personally neither I nor my brothers ever saw any evidence of American help"

That certainly flies in the face of the hundreds of millions of dollars that were said to be given by Charlie Wilson.
Who knows maybe the CIA just pocketed the money.
But if Wikipedia is to be believed.

en.wikipedia.org...

For his efforts, Wilson was presented with the Honored Colleague Award by the CIA. He became the first civilian to receive the award.[27] However, Wilson's role remains controversial because most of the aid was supplied to Islamist hardliner Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, now a senior Taliban leader and a supporter of al-Qaeda.[28]

Wilson was a Dem but to think that the White House didn't know about this would be absurd.
I don't know about you. But had we stayed out of afghanistan there would probably not be a taliban or al queda in it's current form.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

That certainly flies in the face of the hundreds of millions of dollars that were said to be given by Charlie Wilson.
Who knows maybe the CIA just pocketed the money.
But if Wikipedia is to be believed.

Hundreds of Millions of dollars given to the Mujaheddin not the Taliban,

For his efforts, Wilson was presented with the Honored Colleague Award by the CIA. He became the first civilian to receive the award.[27] However, Wilson's role remains controversial because most of the aid was supplied to Islamist hardliner Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, now a senior Taliban leader and a supporter of al-Qaeda.[28]

That's exactly why Wikipedia is not reliable as a source. Too many people can simply create an account and post what they believe in their own words....

"NOW a senior Taliban leader " He wasn't then.

edit on 27-6-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawg61
A lot of people didn't vote for Obama you know.And I think there will be more and more people NOT voting at all in the future as things only get worse for the average American as they are awaking to the fact that neither political party gives a rats ass about them and both foreign and domestic policies of both are harder to tell the difference.I am scared to death that the people are being forced to take radical positions as their personal hardships continue to pile up.If armed revolt were to occur the result would be horrific.

No, but a lot of people voted SEVERAL TIMES for Obama -- illegally.

That, my friend, is the only reason he is in office. VOTER FRAUD!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

True that while it may have a different name.
It's the same people.
With the same intentions.
And that intention is to fight the infidels.

At the time the infidels were the Russians.
Now it's the Americans.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yeah someone does need to look up history because the muhjideen's press agent was guess who?

Charlie Wilson look him up.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Seem like every few Months someone has to go back to school, when it comes to this.

It sure gets old, doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

But had we stayed out of afghanistan there would probably not be a taliban or al queda in it's current form.

Absolutely false as funding/weapons also was coming from Pakistan, and other arab countries of the time if people want a complete picture of that take a good damn look at Syria.

Especially the 'friends of Syria' same damn players every single one of them both sides.

edit on 27-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Didn't we fund Pakistan via Operation Cyclone?
With Saudi Arabia matching dollar for dollar whatever the CIA was sending to the Mujahadeen?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join