It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs: Are Investigators Missing the Whole Picture?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Hey Rainbowresidue! Thank you! I have a lot of really interesting orb pics, but every time I participate in an 'orb' thread, all the 'experts' come in and rain on the parade, lol.
I hope this thread can be for people who DON'T think it's all dust and moisture....and we can discuss our experiences!

jacygirl

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

I think you replied in the wrong thread, but I appreciate you bumping it back up by accident. LOL

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hi sled....wrong thread? I don't think so, lol.
I posted a couple of my own orb pics, and Rainbowresidue replied...and I am replying to her reply...?
But hey, here's a 'bump' now, because I would like the thread to 'live long and prosper'.

jacygirl

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Oh, sorry about that. I had posted this thread in one of hers, and I thought maybe you had been there, but posted here by mistake.

Carry on... LOL

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

reply to post by sled735

Hahaha,
Hey Girls,

I enjoy reading about orbs and finding out what other people think they might be. I personally think these orbs are the pure energy we are seeing of spirits, and with bigger orbs perhaps angels and to us yet unknown entities.

Thanks to both of you for posting these very nice photos.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I'm sorry, but the majority of orbs are explainable. But I am a believer in the orb phenomena, but I think we need to have a lot more skepticism towards orb photography than we typically exhibit. Dust, rain, bugs, these are the major causes of the majority of orb pictures. There are a few good cases, but the majority have been caught with video, not by still photography. The orbs in these videos are self luminescent and show movement dust /rain would never be able to do naturally leading me to believe they are paranormal in nature.

People also tend to believe that a rain drop "orb" is that of a spirit because they can see a face. And for those of us who have been researching for a long time know that matrixing, or pareidolia is the bane of our existence.

Now remember, I am a believer in orbs. But that doesn't mean I'll abandon common sense in order to believe.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Hey Auricom,

I posted in this thread a while back with some photos I took that turned out to be lens flares, so I feel where you coming from; most orbs in PHOTOS are explainable. Here is one example-

However, the reason I got excited over these pictures is because of a experience that I had about a year and a half ago in Sedona, where I actually SAW one. I was with my fiancé and a friend and he was telling us about this "green orb" that comes to visit him once in a while, and we were pretty amused by his story and thought he was joking with us- sure enough about thirty seconds later it appeared. It moved so beautifully and was so bright it left tracers in my eyes for about five minutes. I'm a pretty straightforward and honest guy and I don't make # up, these things are real!

Like one of the above posters said, I think they are a form of pure energy consciousness. maybe on a different frequency of light or dimension, as new age and weird as that sounds. Having that experience shifted my perception of UFOs and orbs and even made me become a lot more spiritual.

I've posted this experience before in the UFOs forum and paranormal forum to get feedback as to what it might be, but have either been dismissed, been demanded I give proof (when you see something like that the last thing you're thinking of is finding a camera just to prove it to someone who doesn't believe, it's a spiritual experience in my opinion and I wanted to absorb every moment of it)- the best explanation it was either ball lightning or some ghost. I think it's more than that, and could be a very advanced form of life.

sorry for long post I don't want to derail the thread, but I am glad to see people have higher possibilities in mind as to what these orbs might be. The lens flare and dust and bugs explanations don't explain what I saw, with my own eyes.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SecTownKid

Interesting story, but you said it yourself: You saw it with your own two eyes. And that's the reason I too believe in orbs. I had a fascinating (albeit uneasy) experience with a beautiful green/blue/yellow-ish orb the size of a softball. I've not seen anything like it, and probably never will again.

And I do believe there are some genuine orb photographs out there, some which I have seen and can't begin to debunk as something mundane. But than you have John and Jane Doe post images of dust or water droplets claiming it's a spirit.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SecTownKid

Yes, there are other-worldly energy forms that appear as orbs. There are different colors too.

My friend, Alfred2012, has seen one he communicated with. He has also spoken with many different ETs, and angels.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join