The 1000 year binge on materialism and primate dominance hierarchies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

We live at the end of a 1000 year binge on the philosophical position known as materialism in its many guises and the basic message of materialism is that the world is what it appears to be, a thing composed of matter and pretty much confined to its surface. For approximately 500 years the great era for the triumph of modern science materialism has had the field all to itself, and its argument for its preeminence was the beautiful toys that it could create, aircraft, railways, television, spacecraft; but that is a fools argument. And now at the end of 500 years of the process of rational quote unquote scientific culture we are literally at the end of our rope, reason and science and the practice of unbridled capitalism have not delivered us into an angelic realm, quite thew contrary they have delivered about 3% of us into an angelic realm completely overshadowed by guilt about the other 97% of the population who are eating it. It's not pretty picture modern civilization, most people in the world are quite miserable actually.

It's as though nature is saying we are willing to place the entire planetary ecology in danger for approximately 50,000 years in order for the opportunity to be explored of language using technology expressing intelligence carrying all of life to the next level. And it's a terrifying enterprise, because apparently to carry life to the next level tremendous intellectual sophistication is required about the release and control of energy. The problem is that energy can be used to destroy as well as build. So as the human enterprise has moved toward greater and greater power and ability to manipulate the environment the stakes in the cosmic game have risen, and now what we have have is approximately 100 billion dollars sitting in the centre of the crap table and one roll of the dice more and we are either going to win it or loose everything.

What civilization is, is 6 billion people trying to make themselves happy by standing on each other’s shoulders and kicking each other’s teeth in. It’s not a pleasant situation.

And yet, you can stand back and look at this planet and see that we have the money, the power, the medical understanding, the scientific know-how, the love and the community to produce a kind of human paradise. But we are led by the least among us - the least intelligent, the least noble, the least visionary. We are led by the least among us and we do not fight back against the dehumanizing values that are handed down as control icons.

This is something, culture is not your friend. Culture is for other people’s convenience and the convenience of various institutions, churches, companies, tax collection schemes, what have you. It is not your friend. It insults you. It disempowers you. It uses and abuses you. None of us are well treated by culture.

Yet we glorify the creative potential of the individual, the rights of the individual. We understand the felt-presence of experience is what is most important. But the culture is a perversion. It fetishizes objects, creates consumer mania, it preaches endless forms of false happiness, endless forms of false understanding in the form of squirrelly religions and silly cults. It invites people to diminish themselves and dehumanize themselves by behaving like machines - meme processors of memes passed down from Madison Avenue and Hollywood…
edit on 27-6-2013 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The most intelligent way to live is the simplest. Humans have complecated things beyond belief and have redefined this complication as a sign of intelligence. We are poisoning the earth so that it is hard to live, using our desire to be more intelligent as a reason. We are going backwards, this is a sign of consumerism, not a sign of intellect.

Any intelligent species would try to manage it's immediate environment and to protect it. We seem to be caught up in flawed self programming set up by those who would want to profit by our need for them. This deceitful practice is thousands of years old.

Our beliefs in this way is what drives it. We are afraid to simplify our lives, others are lazy, they would rather make a living working a job where they work for eight hours and buy what they want. I doubt if a person that has a garden big enough to support them and has a few livestock animals works anywhere near eight hours a day to survive. Sure you need to make wood and preserve your food for winter. But it is a simple and pleasing life once you learn to live it. In a community setting, it could work well if everyone pulled their weight, the Amish do just fine.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Youtube video = opinion disregarded.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Only poor people think that way. I have money, therefore I have things. I am super content with the way things are, thank you very much.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice

What a sad way to disregard all sort of information that could be valuable. I made the video in person, if you have a problem with it then please don't comment.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by blindlyzack
Only poor people think that way. I have money, therefore I have things. I am super content with the way things are, thank you very much.

Oh yes only poor people think that way, you are rich and therefore you can disregard the poor peoples opinions. Really

How very altruistic of you.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeuZZ

What a sad way to disregard all sort of information that could be valuable. I made the video in person, if you have a problem with it then please don't comment.

That isn't how democracy works.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DPriceThat isn't how democracy works.

Non seuquitur. A forum is not a democracy.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DPriceThat isn't how democracy works.

Non seuquitur. A forum is not a democracy.

Ok then you suck at making videos.
edit on 27-6-2013 by DPrice because:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Oh yes only poor people think that way, you are rich and therefore you can disregard the poor peoples opinions. Really

How very altruistic of you.

Dude you're being way more selfish asking people to go back to the stone age and rid themselves of the things they've grown attach to and enjoy. Hard work pays off is all I can say, doesnt mean i'm a bad person because I don't share your ideals, which might I add wont ever see the light of day.. This is the future, you might as well get used to it.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Ok then you suck at making videos.

LOL, I starred this purely as the hilarity of it and the trollish nature behind it made me laugh out loud.

Please engage in a productive dialogue if you want to comment on the video, is what I should have said.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Dude you're being way more selfish asking people to go back to the stone age and rid themselves of the things they've grown attach to and enjoy. Hard work pays off is all I can say, doesnt mean i'm a bad person because I don't share your ideals, which might I add wont ever see the light of day.. This is the future, you might as well get used to it.

The ego is strong with this one.

You seem to be missing the point. We need to rid ourselves of the addictive consumer mentality that drives the consumer based economies that run the world. We need to appreciate that material goods are transient, that what you do for yourself dies with you, yet what you do for others and the people in your life is, to a certain extent, eternal. That a culture based on the ego and your material dominance over your neighbor is a culture with no sustainable future on this planet, that simply looking after the wants and needs of your own progeny alone above the wants and needs of the entire social group is a destructive force for the planet.

We need to appreciate that the feeling of ego vs the world is an illusion, deep down we are the universe. We are not against nature, we are part of nature. And we are squashing an tromping on millions of other species that have just as much right to be here as we do.

The Earth is not a rock infested with biological organisms any more than your bones are infested will cells. The Earth is geological, yes, but this geological entity grows people, and our existence on the Earth is a symptom of solar system and it's balances, as much as the solar system is in turn a symptom of the galaxy.

This is not an anti science argument, its a strong pro science argument; we have the scientific knowledge and the understanding to create a type of human paradise. But (to paraphrase) But we are led by the least among us – the least intelligent, the least noble, the least visionary. We are led by the least among us and we do not fight back against the dehumanizing values that are handed down as control icons.

Get with it.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I don't 'need' to do anything. You can go ahead but you'll be wasting your time.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I don't 'need' to do anything. You can go ahead but you'll be wasting your time.

You might need to broaden your horizon of reality past your own ego.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Curious, why did you use the term primate.......as if you're associated with a speices that is NOT????

Earth is a testing ground for humans, in specific, this current earth cycle is a testing ground for this specific batch of humans. All things on earth are here for that test.

That doesnt mean we should abuse nature however.

Next, the word materialism, meaning.....what?

You're in a world that seems material, and in tests. Until you die here you are.

We have tons of clean energy solutions even in conventional ways, not to mention that they have us under a false scientific umbrella, of fossil fuels, when Keely, Walter Russel and Tesla showed the way, and that is how TPTB create advanced technologies.

There is no reason though, even under the current ideas, for one bit of destruction, or pollution to take place, and we'd all be in clean water powered flying cars by now.

So its materialism that is at fault, nor is it a primate thing. Seems to be a hidden cult of very predatory Snake like beings at fault.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Whoosh.

That's the sound of the point of the post going totally over your head.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Curious, why did you use the term primate.......as if you're associated with a speices that is NOT????

The entire point of the video is that we are all still primates with the worst aspects of primitive primate nature in a world that has spent centuries refining morality past our primeval nature. Yet the people that lead us are a perversion of the progress we have made.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Actually our dna is ET, Lyra amongst other things, and that came through Rigel too, where Lyra fled, dealing with the same old empire annanuki sitting on our thrones and the UK ones, as we did then.

That is who they are.

And.......primates were formed out of cosmic human dna, as was pigs and other mammals.

Not vice versa.

Huge project and labs took place.

As for the average human, LOVING, and the majority would be a third world mother franticaly trying to keep her children alive. GOOD PEOPLE. FEMALE. HEART. MAJORITY!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Maybe I should clarify a point that maybe some will perceive in the wrong way.

The point of the video is that we still have aspects of primate nature in a world that has spent centuries refining morality past our primeval nature. Yet the people that lead us are a perversion of the progress we've made.

This is not an anti science argument, its a strong pro science argument; we have the scientific knowledge and the understanding to create a type of human paradise.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The problem I have with your argument is that it is predicated on a belief of "what is right" and "what is wrong".
Your belief may be correct...but...I don't know.
Your comments, however, are rather "evangelical" in the sense of all the "we need to"'s...
Perhaps the way it is...is the way it "should be".
For most of my life, I clung to a "we should be more spiritual-minded" explanation for why the world (in the context of your argument - "culture") isn't more fair and equitable toward all. That, however, presumes that there is a "way things should go", when, in fact, all we have evidence of...is "the way things are".
Materialism approaches life with a "survivalist" attitude.
Some have mastered this approach, by taking all they can get...however they can get it...with no regard for what their taking may do to others.
We can call this wrong. We can look at it from a "special" perspective and lament and bemoan "how can you do this to your fellow-human/s?"...but, when/(if) push comes to shove...and we all fall down - only those that "survive" will have anything to say on the matter. And - guess what? Maybe THAT is "the way it should be".
Are we a species that is "intended" to evolve to bigger & better things? That, of course, is a possibility...among many other possibilities...

I am not saying that you are wrong... Just that - I don't know.
Thanks for the thoughtful OP. I like considering Terrance McKenna's insights as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join