It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bodyguard. the best weapon of choice..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Anything 9mm or larger you can conceal and still accurately place a round into the pineal gland of anyone that justifies it.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
reply to post by zatara

My suggestions:

- Sig P226 Enhanced Elite in 9mm. It has a better grip and a shorter trigger pull than a plain jane P226. The accuracy and reliability are pretty good. I prefer it over a Glock any day of the week.

- FN Five-Seven. It is in an odd caliber, the 5.7x28 round. But very high accuracy, very little recoil, and a high magazine capacity. The standard capacity here in the US is 20 rounds which you can expand to 30 rounds with an easy to install aftermarket accessory. If you feel you will need to put a lot of fire down range in close quarters, this would be the gun for you. That is, if you can get ammunition for it where you live.

If you do go with the Five-Seven, you should do fine if you can get some SS195 Jacketed Hollow Point rounds. That is, assuming you won't be able to get any SS198LF rounds which are armor piercing rounds only available to law enforcement.

Thx, I really appreciate the options you showed me here. Accuracy is very important...one shot one kill..lol. Like other member said, I will have to go out and try what feels good and has all the stuff think is important. Sometimes I wish I lived in one of these US states where buying a gun is not a big deal. Unfortunately the closest thing that I own to a firearm is an air-gun.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Everyone has already stated about training so I'll not labour the point. Lets assume that the training is going to be provided and this is purely about the weapon you choose.

Choosing a pistol is really dependant on certain factors. Where is your ammo supply coming from? Choosing a .40, 5.7mm or .357 SIG pistol is not really a good option if you are going to be working overseas for any amount of time as ammunition can be very hard to source. Many of the CP bods in Afghanistan for example will only use weapons of the same calibre as the local military as that is where they get their supplies from. For this reason if no other I would suggest a 9mm pistol. I know there is the big 9mm vs .45 debate etc, but the fact is 9mm is easier to source than pretty much any other combat pistol round.

Are you carrying concealed? If you are doing hostile environment overt carry then weapon dimensions are less important and you may decide on a duty size pistol. On the other hand if you need to carry concealed most of the time the pistol needs to be a bit smaller to aid this.

Magazine capacity should be high enough to allow for extraction from harm. You need to be able to put down lots of rapid rounds at potentially multiple targets. Pistol rounds are by their very nature underpowered, and multiple hits are usually required to stop a determined attacker unless you hit the CNS.

I would also recommend a pistol that has no manual safety device. The pistol should be carried loaded and made ready, and needs to be fired immediately upon drawing from the holster is high stress scenarios. The fewer manual actions that need to be carried out the better. A double action, double action only or Glock Safe Action pistol would be a better choice for this reason.

My own personal choice for most scenarios would probably be the Glock 19. It is 9mm, has a decent magazine capacity (15rds), has a good sight radius due to the slide design despite being a compact pistol, and can accept Glock 17 mags which are really easy to source in Iraq/Afghanistan as the local police forces are issued them. It is also simple to use, lightweight (a real consideration if you're wearing it for 18hrs a day), and stupidly reliable.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Obviously my "Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator" is the best possible choice for a planet killing weapon. I will not of course be sharing it with you. I need it for my own reasons and do not have the resources at present to reload it. You will have to make do with what ever primitive weapons you Earth creatures can obtain here on your pitiful planet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join