It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration Bill Could Encourage Hiring of Amnestied Immigrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Next year after Obamacare has effectively went live, employers will be responsible for providing health insurance to their employees or face penalties based upon whether they provide coverage or minimal essential coverage. This will define how an employer would or can be penalized for failing to provide insurance plans.

This however can be skirted all together. Under the proposed Immigration bill if passed, undocumented individuals can apply to adjust their status to a registered provisional immigrant, albeit they meet the requirements.

So you may be asking yourself what does the new immigration bill and Obamacare have to do with each other. Technically nothing, but if the bill is passed in it's present form, it would offer a possible incentive for employers to hire newly legalized immigrants.

“Anyone granted RPI status is exempted from ObamaCare, which means that the employers that would be hiring them do not face the tax of $5,000 per employee,” Cruz said. “This bill creates an enormous incentive to hire those here illegally and it does so by creating a statutory penalty for hiring U.S. citizens.”

So let's hope they offer and accept an amendment that at least creates a fair an equal balance. One that gives everyone a fair shot to either stayed employed or find work.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Quite possibly for jobs you wouldn't want to do anyways.
But I don't think companies will be hiring CEO's from the recently amnestied.

Next guy running for President needs to run on a "I'll abolish Obamacare" platform.
I'd vote for that guy.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I heard a talk about this, RPI's to be specific.
Now I understand what Registered Provisional Immigration status is.
A way to steal jobs from Americans.
How sly, evil and anti-American can you get?
Oh, and by the way they want to cut the food stamp program just in time for this.
I think they have it all thought out - pushing Americans by the millions over the cliff.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If they are RPI's how can they still be considered illegal? More misinformation from carnival Cruz?

new topics

top topics

join