It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama ordered gun report reveals guns actually save lives.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
www.storyleak.com...

All-in-all, the Obama ordered report ended up finding more pros than cons in regards to the right to an open or concealed weapon. The report also reminds us of the numerous causes of gun deaths, citing that most gun deaths are at the hands of those who used a gun for their suicide — not homicide. The report highlights the poor state of America’s suffering mental health. The report states that suicide by guns outweighs the amount of deaths caused by violent crimes by 61%. Read more: www.storyleak.com...

An interesting article that I thought I would throw out there for anyone that thinks its a good idea just for the government to have guns. I did not realize that they counted suicides as violent gun crime statistics too.

The study then goes on to detail the prevalence of self-defense with a firearm, revealing that: “Defensive use of guns by crime victims is a common occurrence [...]. Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year, in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008.” Read more: www.storyleak.com...

So in actuality firearms are used to prevent crime from happening more so than they are used for commiting crimes.

I remember reading an article online a while back about how a man drew a pistol in a crowded mall and shot and wounded 2 people. A private citizen with a conceal carry permit drew his weapon and pointed it at the guy and the guy surrendered almost immediately.

Funny how you never see the pretty people on TV never talk about these kinds of stories.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Very interesting if true.

Here is the actual report.

Am curious to know more.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
I remember reading an article online a while back about how a man drew a pistol in a crowded mall and shot and wounded 2 people. A private citizen with a conceal carry permit drew his weapon and pointed it at the guy and the guy surrendered almost immediately.

Youre thinking of the Clackamas Town Center shooting, but the "instant surrender" story isnt quite as straight forward as you have read.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

Youre thinking of the Clackamas Town Center shooting, but the "instant surrender" story isnt quite as straight forward as you have read.

From what I understand as soon as the guy was confronted by another armed citizen he turned the gun on himself. But still, there is hardly ever a mention of these types of stories on the MSM.
edit on 27-6-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Only a die hard anti-gunner could believe that armed individuals could not stop an armed confrontation. They give a supposed shooter all kinds of special powers, but believe another armed shooter has no special power. Its all rather stupid. Carrying a firearm gives you no special powers. It gives you an opportunity, that is all. If you don't have a gun and need it, then you have no opportunity to make a difference. If you do have a gun, its possible you could make a difference in an armed confrontation.

V

top topics

join