It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Revolution, whats the trigger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
An interesting thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
if not completely tongue in cheek got me thinking

What is the line that a government crosses that will start public reaction and violence.
Banning guns seems obvious to me, I am not from the US so I assume this.
Doing away with one, two, three of your constitutional rights? Will many care?

What will be the tipping point for the people to rise up against a corrupt government, what do you think it will be.

As an Aussie, I think our government could take all our rights away and only the minority would care, dont think we here could do anything any way.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

It won't happen. Not in my lifetime anyways.

Americans are too concerned with themselves. Everyone I know is struggling financially, not to mention we live in an increasingly self-centered, materialistic society that is completely addicted to entertainment and cognitive dissonance.

Many people say that we are in another depression and I say hell no we aren't. I've talked to many an old person who actually lived through the Great Depression and there is still a ways to go before it gets as bad as they had it.

As long as there is still channels on the TV and an open Wal-Mart somewhere people will do nothing.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
As the gap between the have and have nots widens then...

History is littered with revolutions based on the poor overthrowing the rich minority.

Reading ATS makes me think that things are getting bad in the US. I guess ATS isnt a balanced view of the US internal political climate

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

As I've said before on this, I don't think it's possible to predict.

But, if we look at history, and recent events around the world, the response of a government to a people is the ignition moment.

All it would take is a considerable protest, and for that protest to be met with violence.

You could have just a few hundred thousand people protesting in Washington about an important issue, and if a large enough segment of the pubic are undecided or in favor of the protest, any crackdown on that protest could bring out more protestors and begin a spiral.

We've seen from other revolutions that all it takes is for a public to see a violent response from government, death or injuries, and it can quickly spiral out of control.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I think the tipping point will be when global warming starts to result in serious food shortages. We're starting to see these last couple of years some pretty severe pressures being put on the global food supply due to extreme weather events. If that gets worse...

Like the Romans said, bread and circus. The circus will never stop. But the bread might.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
As the gap between the have and have nots widens then...

History is littered with revolutions based on the poor overthrowing the rich minority.

Reading ATS makes me think that things are getting bad in the US. I guess ATS isnt a balanced view of the US internal political climate

ATS is more of a gripefest. I consider it more of an outlet for people who realize the many wrongs of the world to get together and discuss how bad everything is. So no, I would not use these forums as an accurate indicator of US politics.

I would say that the majority of Americans could care less what the politicians are doing as long as the circus is still around.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
If the TV went down for a month or so I think you would have the trigger.
It may help the sleeping masses awake.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
After the first large scale attack,probably when all power and media are blacked out.I do prefer night combat myself.It will probably be around Maryland where people are first told to relocate or be arrested so they can occupy the area. They need a pretext for martial law.
Probably a patchwork of forces which won't work too well once they try to insert.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
TPTB have too many agencies at their disposal, with too many resources, psychological, financial, physical... to think that a revolution can be had here in the US. They've proven to masterfully misdirect, misinform, and entertain no matter what is at hand.

If it all goes to poo, we'll be sucked into a world war, but a revolution is likely not going to happen with this generation of zombies around us.

I agree with the above poster about climate change induced food shortages in the future, but that's likely still a ways off... at least I hope so. There will be physical limitations which will cause TPTB to make some rather nasty power plays to keep order.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Putting a ban on firearms will not do it.

Turn off the internet/television and MAYBE people will revolt... Not for anything political though, they will only revolt to get their interwebz and TV back.

I think it would take something very drastic to get the sheeple to rise up against. Something that affects them negatively in a very personal way on a day to day basis, or something that threatens their lives constantly and the only way to stop it is a revolution.

But as long as the majority of people are brain-farting on mindless entertainment and pointless arguments, I think it's almost impossible for a revolution to happen any time soon.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Either Gold will fall so low it might be used as a door stop or the USD will fall so low it wont be worth Arse wipe, oil so expensive no one will be able to go work, unless they walk or ride bikes, go to horse and buggy days. Other than that I do not see a new 1776 or 1860 any time soon

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Only people in the know, know whats really going on. That is not the majority of the US population. The informed portion of US citizens are widely spread apart in small pockets across the US. There isn't enough of a densely populated portion of Americans who are well informed about whats really going on behind the scenes to take action against the order of things. Majority of Americans still get there information from main stream news and those who are still living in the sticks get there news from the daily paper. None of whats really going is revealed in those forms of media. Most Americans are stuck with there entertainment (TV, Social networks, Smart Phones, Video game consoles), work and family. Anyway, there is really no need to cause an all out revolutionary assault on the order now. Maybe there is room for activist to stand up and speak out about whats goings on, spread the word, and do it without sounding like a kid that just got his lolly pop taken away by his big brother. Its all about strategy, timing and effectiveness. Perception is the game. The ones in control know this and they use it in order to maintain control. Those who seem to be in control, are not really in control. It is all a perception driven society. Everything is not what it seems. If CNN and fox news announces tomorrow that we are in a surplus, you know what will happen. The human psyche will live as if they are in a surplus and things will change strictly based upon the perception it was handed. The only thing thats really going on is what you think is going on. The only person who is in control is you... If you ever get a chance, have a sit down with a drug dealer. See how much he cares about what the government is doing and whats going on in the world. They dont care because at the end of the day, it only matters what you bring into your perception of life. Ive said this before numerous time, "You do not need the government, the government needs you!"

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Ive said it before on these types of threads and I'll say it again. There will never be a revolution in this country until the people loose their cable tv, internet, and cell phones. That is the only security the majority wants, the comforts of modern technology. The majority doesn't really care about their rights or the security that is found in the preservation of their rights.

They care more for comfort than individual security and TPTB are well aware of this, that is why Obama pushed the issue of getting all of America online and having government issued cell phones in his first campaign speeches. It was paramount to bribing the people and they know that if they promise the luxuries and comforts that people want the people will gladly relinquish the liberties they should defend.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Oh we absolutely are in a depression. The difference is they keep people alive and fed with horrible food that kills them slower. The world has changed so no depression will ever look like that one, but we are absolutely in a depression and it is as bad, just in a different way.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I was at a place today and on the wall it said, "pain is inevitable, suffering is optional."

I choose not to suffer.

The trigger point is the government overreaching. They spent billions in projects to undermine and deatroy the American people and way of life that hasn't been put to use yet.

There is no easy way to say this.

But when it comes down to life and liberty or lack thereof. I will chose life and liberty.

The 2nd amendment was not a call to arms, it is a call to self defense.

If I have to choose between a bullet or going to the gulags I will die a free man, but I'm definitely not going there alone.

I will kick anybodies ass that has a problem with this in hell and make satan suck my balls. But I choosenfree will and not to suffer so I stand by it.

It is better to die free, then live a lifetime of suffering.

It is better to die on your feet than live a lifetime on your knees.

I do not fear death, only cowards do..,,,

Catch my drift?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

/clap /clap

Bravo Zulu

My feeling exactly, on bended knee is no way to live and if I am forced to choose between a long life of enslavement and oppression or a short life of liberty I will choose the latter. I do not fear death for it is but the final chapter in one book and the opening of another, what I do fear is a cage.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Thanks.

I've just been pushed beyond the limit.

But I never feared death, in fact I welcome it.

So that others can live...

...FREE!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Thanks.

I've just been pushed beyond the limit.

But I never feared death, in fact I welcome it.

So that others can live...

...FREE!

its only when we suffer oppression do we understand the need to fight for freedom.
Seriously though, TV communications and the net, ...does the constitution have no value left in your US. No value worth fighting for?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It isn't the technology. It's comforts in general. When the populace is largely able to stay fed, with a roof over their heads, and some kind of diversion (even if it is all leveraged), they will not revolt.

Why do you think we've been in all of these wars everywhere? For freedom, or spreading Democracy? Hell no. It is because these rulers wanted to go off of the dollar, and TPTB aren't about to let that happen, as THAT will be the trigger. The dollar tanking and the collapse of the economy completely. No way are they going to let that happen, even if we have to NUKE someone to safeguard it.

top topics

join