It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Errors of Edward Snowden and His Global Hypocrisy Tour

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Originally, I did see Snowden as a hero. He exposed to the American people a serious infringement and had all of my respect. Since then, he has gone out of his way (in my opinion) to turn from hero to traitor. It's one thing to expose something to Americans, and quite another to talk to heads of foreign countries, offering up information.

As for the martyr tag, martyrs rarely run away, seeking asylum. If he considers himself a martyr, then he does not comprehend the definition of the word.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeTimez

Soon im going to not even waste the energy to straighten you out. Im sure you might enjoy that.

Offtopic

AND THEN RATS THEM OUT. Get it? Or do you need a paycheck to change your opinion?

Rat's then out to Russia and Chna getting a nice fat pacyckeck.

The whistleblowers of the recent past are exactly why he "disenfranchised" from america. And I love how you use that word, almost like some paid shill trying to make it look like hes changed sides. He left because we lock whistleblowers up in solitary confinement for years and force them to stand in the middle of a barren room naked all day. We charge them as spies. Their cars magically crash and burn hours after they send emails asking for help, the FBI is after them. Do you get it?

So awesome for anyone of doesn't jump on the Snowden bandwagon must be a paid shill post without the insults?

Too much to ask?

Thats the last time Im replying to any of the garbage you post. Ive given you enough evidence but you deflect common sense like your a godamn jedi.

Sorry Snowden supporters built a glass around him that can't stand a little rain.

And awesome

edit on 27-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Thanks guys for keeping it civil for the most part.

Lots of different views, when it comes to Snowden. I dont think Snowden is a spy. I do think he might have been allowed to share the information though. You would have to think any of the alphabet agencies would have protocols in place when it comes to sensitive information especially after all the talk of "taking care" of whistle blowers. Maybe the reason he was let lose is to change the laws for whistle blowing........

I wouldn't put it past this administration.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Indeed theres alot to the snowden store, take for axample this short video below, make a few good points as well

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Minus

Thanks!

This is exactly what I mean......

Going to post it for you.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Your most welcome, and thanx

That link led me to alot more research of whats goin on in syria,very interesting with iran, russia and china in play as well.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
StrangeTimez, you're worried that it'll start a war? Really?

How about the financial war that is going on right under our noses. This PRISM program is their #1 tool of conquering the financial war by spying on the markets and their insiders.

I don't even want to postulate on how much poverty/death the complete rape of the financial system has caused.
edit on 27-6-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Snowden is young. Maybe that is the reason it is perceived as arrogance.

Just MHO.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

If you think that character assassination is bad, you should go and look at Neo96's thread from a link. I guess we are going to be subject to a lot of this stuff. Biggest error in my mind, is where your link's author actually refers to the 'purple' encryption code being broken and that information about Pearl harbour was ascertained, bur never acted upon. Bad example, if Snowden had been about then, he would have had the perfect rationale to be a whistleblower, and the events at Pearl harbour may never have happened, or at least the outcome would have been different in some way. In a curious way, your linked writer is actually endorsing the events of Pearl harbour as a false flag.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Minus

Thanks!

This is exactly what I mean......

Going to post it for you.

The guy there is talking about the war "That is ABOUT to break in Syria" that is an interdictory statement meant to debar any significance about what Snowden has actually done. It is exactly the opposite to what the message in the video is supposed to be getting at.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
reply to post by sonnny1

Originally, I did see Snowden as a hero. He exposed to the American people a serious infringement and had all of my respect. Since then, he has gone out of his way (in my opinion) to turn from hero to traitor. It's one thing to expose something to Americans, and quite another to talk to heads of foreign countries, offering up information.

As for the martyr tag, martyrs rarely run away, seeking asylum. If he considers himself a martyr, then he does not comprehend the definition of the word.

What heads of government has he talked to? let's get this right.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well, it seems to me that the key to Snowden's defense will be whether or not he is protected by the Whistleblower Act. If what he exposed is, in fact, illegal acts by the NSA, he should be protected by the Act.

Now, the Justice Department does not have access to Snowden at this time, but they do have access to the NSA agents in question. It appears there is enough evidence to at least bring charges against them and let the courts decide whether they are guilty or not. So, let's give them the Bradley Manning treatment. Arrest them, and put them in solitary for a year or so while the government builds a case against them. If, after all that time, they are found not guilty, then go after Snowden, since he won't be able to claim protection under the Whistleblower Act. If the NSA agents are found guilty, then Snowden should be in the clear.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Hmmm.

The Author stated this, and it seems maybe you can answer this.

Which brings us back to Snowden’s global hypocrisy tour. I think nothing has more thoroughly damaged Snowden’s “whistle-blower” persona than his bizarre—and, I would say, cowardly—decision to rely on some of the countries with the greatest history of oppression to help keep him out of the Americans’ hands. (Usually, when people engage in civil disobedience for a cause—which Snowden seems to want people to believe he is doing—they accept the punishment that will accompany their decision. Snowden, instead, has acted like a spy, fleeing to countries with deeply strained relationships with the United States.

Is the Author correct to make this Assumption?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by smurfy

Hmmm.

The Author stated this, and it seems maybe you can answer this.

Which brings us back to Snowden’s global hypocrisy tour. I think nothing has more thoroughly damaged Snowden’s “whistle-blower” persona than his bizarre—and, I would say, cowardly—decision to rely on some of the countries with the greatest history of oppression to help keep him out of the Americans’ hands. (Usually, when people engage in civil disobedience for a cause—which Snowden seems to want people to believe he is doing—they accept the punishment that will accompany their decision. Snowden, instead, has acted like a spy, fleeing to countries with deeply strained relationships with the United States.

Is the Author correct to make this Assumption?

Well, he is not specific on countries and just lumps all together. Snowden has already accepted his fate, whatever that might be. The only correct part is that of 'civil disobedience' nothing more need be added other than it is the citizen who participated in civil disobedience. Snowden gave up being a citizen, and became a individual. The law is only there to protect the citizen, who is subject to government and only governments need the law to protect themselves from unruly citizens. In this case, it is the government who was acting above their own laws, which makes everything pretty moot.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
OK...lets say it once more. Our government was again PROVEN to be lying to us. Sure, this time was lying by not telling us the truth rather than telling us a non-truth. Our government is comprised of elected officials, elected by us and therefore, paid by us. If we pay them, they are our employees until we decide to remove them. If your employee lied to you multiple times and even the highest manager lied to you multiple times...they should probably be fired. But, if they were to spend more of your money, covertly cover up the truth after it was exposed and perpetuate a lie using the resources we provided to them...they should definitely be fired. You would never accept this from your employee.

So why do some people accept this? Simple...they either have the "doesn't affect me" mentality or they are too embarrassed to turn their back on the people they elected. Everyone makes mistakes and only an idiot would accept this behavior from an employee...or an elected official. That deserves to be said one more time...only an IDIOT would accept an employee lying to THEM repeatedly, stealing from them to cover it up, wasting PAID, ON THE CLOCK TIME to cover it up and corrupt other employees to cover up their lies.

So...who here is an idiot?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Spying is a ritual done by the people who don't know what's going on for the sake of the people who already know what's going on, and through the act, the best thing that could ever happen is that the spy discovers who he really is inside, not exactly anything about the person he is spying against. Can't you tell he is a player on a field and he doesn't exactly own the team or the field?

Snowden is going through a process of finding himself after the agency twisted his conscience. That is, if he really is a resistor and isn't being chaperoned the entire way by handlers, being given what to be the spokesperson behind the leak. CIA Deputy Director Morell just resigned. Snowden was a decent nobody until that happened. Maybe there is something there; someone else can be first to find the secret behind that.

There are more errors in the media that is for consumers than what Snowden did. He couldn't have done any leaking without their cooperation. The truth may be that he doesn't even know what's on those documents, that someone could be handing it to them saying something like, take this, I'll take care of the rest. It's his legacy in the press but what if he is just a crisis actor or decoy to the real cause of the media migration?

An error is not an error when it is deliberate.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Snowden revealed how the US are spying on foreign civilian targets , as far as I am aware he didn't reveal any information on military targets so far.

I honestly don't see how you can be fine with the practice of spying on foreign civilians and yet have such concerns about being spied upon by your own government.

If the US government is spying on you it is a huge issue and you complain about the loss of privacy, but when the Chinese, Russians, British, Germans, ... are spying on you in exactly the same way it is no problem because, hey, spying on foreign civilians is cool and not violating their privacy or anything.

How does this even make sense?
edit on 29-6-2013 by hakona because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Snowden story is just a cover story of a much bigger story

He worked for the CIA, NSA, and many others agency's with cyber defense & offensive programs

Snowden exiled to China for the past month and now Russia, two of the US biggest enemies and biggest attackers, people need to wake up and get real if they seriously think a none issue supposed privacy leak its as deep as this now massive media circus really goes

Snowden could be a hypocrite but my moneys on him just being a traitor and a defector that was lead astray to betray his own people
edit on 29-6-2013 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah but you see what they are doing .. they are trying to make you believe some spying in the past was good for us so this whole Snowden thing is a non issue.

Thats called Propaganda. There is never a time Ever when spying on the American People by it's own government is a good thing. If you believe this propaganda, those terrorists in the White House have already beaten you.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

John, I have looked at what they are saying.

In my OP I said spying was wrong on our citizens.

Spying on other Countries? Thats a give in.

Spying and SHARING with our ALLIES? Wrong.
edit on 29-6-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join