It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China & Iran in the mix of things,& things to come.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
When i was looking for DPRK news i ran in to two things that caught my eyes, the first one news.xinhuanet.com... from the link

Iran's Rouhani vows expansion of ties with China
[RSS] [Feedback] [Print] [Copy URL] [Large image] [More] English.news.cn | 2013-06-26 22:26:17 | Editor: yan

TEHRAN, June 26 (Xinhua) -- Iran's President-elect Hassan Rouhani said Wednesday that expansion of relations with China will be one of the priorities of his administration, Press TV reported.

"The promotion of ties with China in all fields is one of the main priorities of the future administration of the Islamic republic of Iran," Rouhani said in a response to China's congratulations on his presidential victory.

On Monday, China's Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying extended congratulations to Rouhani for his victory in the Iranian presidential election, saying that "China will seize this opportunity to promote the development of bilateral cooperation."

Moderate Rouhani won the presidential election on June 14 by garnering 50.71 percent of the votes.
and the second one is Khamenei defends Iran's nuke program www3.nhk.or.jp... from the link

Khamenei defends Iran's nuke program

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has defended his country's nuclear development.

Khamenei made his first public address on Wednesday since Hassan Rouhani was elected president two weeks ago.

The supreme leader severely criticized the United States. He said the country doesn't want to see the nuclear issue resolved. He blamed the US for breaking an agreement with Iran.

He added that the nuclear development program has been carried out legally and transparently.

President-elect Rouhani earlier expressed his willingness to show more transparency on Iran's nuclear program to build trust with the international community.

Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi disclosed that Rouhani is choosing a delegation to resume negotiations with six global powers on the country's nuclear program.
He also said the next round of talks will resume after Rouhani officially replaces President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in August.

Analysts say Khamenei's comments aim to downplay expectations that the incoming Iranian administration is willing to make concessions to the West.

Jun. 26, 2013 - Updated 16:30 UTC
now why did I add them both in thread? Simple it is what lies a head for the mid east, Iran a full nuke state, and China is there to help them out , sounds like DPRK er North Korea does it not.?

If I am not mistaken did not Khamenei's say he was against nukes and they, Iran had no use for them ?? he did, he did, www.juancole.com... form the link and a little intro

Khamenei Takes Control, Forbids Nuclear Bomb

Posted on 03/04/2012 by Juan Cole

Early returns in Iran’s 9th parliamentary election since the 1979 revolution show that Ahmadinejad’s lay populists have taken a drubbing, and that hard line supporters of clerical Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei are ascendant.

now you know the when here is the point

““The Iranian nation has never pursued and will never pursue nuclear weapons. There is no doubt that the decision makers in the countries opposing us know well that Iran is not after nuclear weapons because the Islamic Republic, logically, religiously and theoretically, considers the possession of nuclear weapons a grave sin and believes the proliferation of such weapons is senseless, destructive and dangerous.”
nad yet he says he is for them now. from the link to reinforce the point

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has defended his country's nuclear development.
when one seeks the power of nukes ... weapons are not far behind.

edit on 27-6-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

edit on 27-6-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
So what is the problem with that ?

If every country had 'nukes' then no one would use them.
Since the Iranian revolution, how many countries have they invaded ?
And how many countries have the west invaded over the same time scale ?

I am not actually saying things are all rosey and great but I believe either no one country should have nukes or all countries having them.
Of course I will be shot, stabbed, mugged, beaten for saying the above.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
President-elect Rouhani is a Politician, flip-flopping is no surprise, neither is building a stronger alliance with China. Even the West is trying to do just that.

Nuke technology and its development are their bargaining tool, they're hardly going to throw that away.

I hope more transparency on their part is forthcoming.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I think you're getting lost in their terminology. Khamenei is not talking about nuclear weapons, but nuclear development. This refers to enrichment and development of next generation nuclear reactors running on re-used and enriched uranium - i.e. power stations. This has been their policy all along - they are not aiming at nuclear weapons, but nuclear fuel independency for their reactors.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Iran, China and North Korea have all had close ties for quite awhile now.

When the Stuxnet virus hit Iran, it was China who came in to help them fix their system.

When the explosion at Fordow happened in January (that they deny), a handful of North Koreans were found dead in the mix. A list of the names of the people who died from the explosion were released.

"North Koreans among 40 dead at Iran nuke plant"

Read more at www.wnd.com...

Unfortunately, neither the White House or the IAEA would come out to confirm it because Iran had written a letter to the IAEA stating that announcing certain things was a breach of their agreement with each other. If the IAEA wanted cooperation from Iran, they had to start shutting up.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
SO, BASICALLY JUST MORE OF THE SAME RHETORIC, GOING IN THE SAME DIRECTION.....NOTHING NEW, NOTHING GROUNDBREAKING....
tHE AYATOLLAYA IS STILL IN FIRMLY CHARGE.....................
WARS A COMMIN!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I have to ask does the IAEA and Iran have a secret agenda , to deal with Israel, the thorn in everyone side? Just asking for it does seem odd that the IAEA and Iran have behind door secrets. this points to one thing, Iran is working on the nuke weapon, with North Korea add in the mix China, giving the all important "how to steps and tools ". they just might have the bomb by now, or the North Korea test could have been a to fold test one for the north and one for Iran, If one nuke works then the other will to, what the US USSR test did was more or less chest pounding , mines bigger than yours .
Yea i know most of you will not say DPRK or IRAN have a nuke weapon till they test a 5 MT bomb but why???? a 10kt will say the same thing.... it works.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

No, the IAEA and Iran do not have a secret agenda regarding Israel, in my opinion.

The reason IAEA is being secretive is only because Iran told them that they would not cooperate at all with them any more if they weren't. The IAEA is trying to keep Iran from pulling out of their agreement altogether.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Israel is not part of NPT and North Korea has withdrawn. but Iran is part of NPT so if it accesses Nukes it is something like suicide for it. it is already under pressures. I think China is playing by North Korea card and it is supporting North Korea in order to put pressure on USA. but we should not forget that, both China and Russia were the signatories of sanctions against Iran ! so the relation between North Korea and China can not be extended to Iran.
maybe the new president of Iran is trying to get near China in order to prevent any other probable sanction !

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
They are seeking nuclear weapons. Its rational for them to do so based on their position in the world. I don't believe they will stop now as they are getting close, regardless what the newly elected frontman says.

The real power in Iran is the 'Supreme Leader' not the elected president. With regard to practical policy affecting other powers nothing much changes with Iranian presidents although the public rhetoric may soften or harden to suit the mood.

It all needs to be viewed through the eyes of a Shia theocracy. While they criticise israel to score points what they are really afraid of is whats happening now in Syria. They fear the Sunni gulf states backed by the USA. They want a nuclear weapon to stave off a case of 'regimechangeitus' and preserve their glorious Shia revolution.

The Chinese will be happy to buy their oil and sell them their older weapons. Its not like they will form a defence pact with them.

I dont think anything significant has changed. The situation remains as dangerous and unpredictable as it has for the last couple of years. Syria has the potential to burn the whole region as its a 'must win' square on the board for more than one of the players.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

but we should not forget that, both China and Russia were the signatories of sanctions against Iran !

That's almost funny, because China secretly broke their side of the agreement in no time after that. Thinking that China isn't helping Iran is equivalent to saying that China isn't involved in cyber attacks on the U.S.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
oh yes the item I have been waiting for worldnews.nbcnews.com... from the link

Saudi Arabia to 'shift away from the US' over Iran, Syria, intelligence chief says

Alexander Zemlianichenko / AP, file
Prince Bandar Bin Sultan in April 2006.

By Amena Bakr, Angus McDowell and William Maclean, Reuters
DOHA, Qatar -- Saudi Arabia's intelligence chief has said the kingdom will make a "major shift" in relations with the United States in protest at its perceived inaction over the Syria war and its overtures to Iran, a source close to Saudi policy said on Tuesday.
Prince Bandar bin Sultan told European diplomats that Washington had failed to act effectively on the Syria crisis and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, was growing closer to Tehran, and had failed to back Saudi support for Bahrain when it crushed an anti-government revolt in 2011, the source said.
It was not immediately clear if Prince Bandar's reported statements had the full backing of King Abdullah.
"The shift away from the U.S. is a major one," the source close to Saudi policy said. "Saudi doesn't want to find itself any longer in a situation where it is dependent."

The United States and Saudi Arabia have been allies since the kingdom was declared in 1932, giving Riyadh a powerful military protector and Washington secure oil supplies.
The prince's initiative follows a surprise Saudi decision on Friday to reject a coveted two-year term on the U.N. Security Council in protest at "double standards" at the United Nations.
now whom will they go with Russia no one or China or the EU?
related link www.tradearabia.com...
edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201322 by bekod because: line edit, added link

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
To OP..

Defending nuclear programs is not the same as the nuclear program weaponry, do yourself a favour and get some basic education before you post some BS like this.

edit on 22-10-2013 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Deetermined
reply to post by bekod

No, the IAEA and Iran do not have a secret agenda regarding Israel, in my opinion.

The reason IAEA is being secretive is only because Iran told them that they would not cooperate at all with them any more if they weren't. The IAEA is trying to keep Iran from pulling out of their agreement altogether.

What IAEA does/did is to publish the full personal information on the Iranian nuclear physicist names that for itself caused the terror groups from MOSSAD peons to infiltrate and kill those people.

That is what IAEA good at, a spay agency.

edit on 22-10-2013 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

diddy1234
So what is the problem with that ?

If every country had 'nukes' then no one would use them.
Since the Iranian revolution, how many countries have they invaded ?
And how many countries have the west invaded over the same time scale ?

I am not actually saying things are all rosey and great but I believe either no one country should have nukes or all countries having them.
Of course I will be shot, stabbed, mugged, beaten for saying the above.

Well its like this, their leaders sponsor terrorism all over the world. Their stated goals are to wipe israel from the face of the earth and second to defeat democracy and the West by any means necessary.

We or Israel will not let them go nuclear, sorry.

The Bot
edit on 22-10-2013 by dlbott because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

justwokeup
They are seeking nuclear weapons.

And your facts for saying this ..... exactly what? Gut feeling? Tarrot cards? Tea leaves?

The biggest bang for the buck today is Biological Weapons. Iran has the brainpower and resources to exploit this technology as far as they wish to go.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

juspassinthru

justwokeup
They are seeking nuclear weapons.

And your facts for saying this ..... exactly what? Gut feeling? Tarrot cards? Tea leaves?

The biggest bang for the buck today is Biological Weapons. Iran has the brainpower and resources to exploit this technology as far as they wish to go.

Look, your obviously iranian or pro iranian, it is simple. They have publicly stated policy of Iran is to wipe israel off the map and destroy the west. They have sponsored terrorist.

The actual proof is in the uranium. They continue to attempt to enrich farther than necessary and that is the point, this uranium is only useful for weapons. Ding Ding Ding, there is your answer, that and they have already said the new hidden facility is off limits.

Well it won't be for long, Israel going to flatten that mountain lol.

You know it is sad, that you have cultures in this day and age that are still living in the past. They mistreat and degrade women and have no reverence for life.

You can't defend culture and for that matter religion that condones this kind of policy, period.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
china India have an agreement www3.nhk.or.jp... from the link

China, India sign border management agreement

China and India have signed an agreement to prevent military confrontations along their disputed border in the Himalayan region.

Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh met China's Premier Li Keqiang in Beijing on Wednesday.

The 2 countries reached the deal after a standoff between armed forces in the area this past spring heightened bilateral tension.

The agreement calls for the 2 militaries to refrain from provocative acts.

Li and Singh also agreed on steps to promote Chinese investment in India and to reduce India's trade deficit with China. As part of the plan, China agreed to build an industrial park in India.

Singh welcomed the border deal in a news conference. He said stability will be a foundation to build relations with China.

Li stressed that the China-India relationship has great potential and represents one of the most important bilateral partnerships of the 21st century.

Li visited India in May on his first overseas trip since taking office. It's the first time in 59 years that the leaders of India and China have visited each other's countries within the same year.
Oct. 23, 2013 - Updated 11:58 UTC
And Israel says no to deal with Iran www.cbsnews.com...

new topics

top topics

join