It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Last Night (Arab Spring Texas Style)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foreverseeking
reply to post by Openeye

Babies have civil rights. Fetuses do not, nor should they. Fetuses have no identity or concept of self.

This argument boils down to control of women's bodies. That's the bottom line.
*snip*

WRONG!

A "fetus" is a human being. The word "fetus" is simply a word for a person at a certain life stage, just like:

infant
toddler
child
adolescent
teenager
young adult
adult
middle aged
elderly

This is NOT an argument about what women do with their own bodies, but what they do with the body of another person. It's about legalized genocide. THAT is the bottom line.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

They well close down because most of them use an income based system for payment. They don't bring in enough from the other services provided to survive. And if they raised their rates to where they could it would have the same effect as closing.

So, you basically admit that abortion is all about the money.

If such a clinic can't sustain itself without murder, it should be shut down. There are plenty of places besides abortion clinics where women can go for health care.

How many of these clinics are like those of Gosnell, do you think?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie

Originally posted by LadyofGlass
If a fetus cannot survive outside the womb then it's not an individual but rather an organism in a parasitic stage. Women have the right to their body, so at any time during a pregnancy if she chooses to no longer have a fetus feeding off her she should have the ability not to have it. If it's old enough to survive on it's own then so be it, create a law that requires that the fetus be removed and not aborted. If it's not able to survive outside of feeding off the woman's body then that means it is not an individual organism but still one still in a parasitic stage.
wow you sound and come across as warm and caring as an iceburg with that statement life is life when do you define life ? if a man told a woman to get rid of a child and she said no he has to support the child for the rest of its life .

but if a woman wants rid of a child what right has a man got none double standards

An iceberg is a supernova in comparison.

Of course it's a double standard. The reality is that they care nothing for life, and use women's "rights" as an excuse.

Originally posted by pngxp
anybody who would refer to a human life as a parasite is a deplorable freak.

should be absolutely ashamed of yourself if you actually think that.

by your standards we can just kill off all the retarded, autistic, down syndrome, whatever mental challenged who "cant take care of themselves" too then right? since your definition of life is somebody who can take care of them self you sick freak?

my girlfriends dad was a quadriplegic for 19 years who required 24hour care, guess they should have just snipped his spine though according to you.

simply disgusting.

and they absolutely should shut down murder center abortion clinics. if you dont want to have to abort a baby, close your f'n legs or buy a condom. and dont give me this "affordable family planning" garbage. if you cant afford a few bucks for condoms then you shouldnt be having sex period. because if you cant scrape together $4 you probably arent ready for sex. and birth control pills are what, $5 at wal mart? again. if you cant afford that on your own, you probably shouldnt be having sex.

its truly amazing the disgusting ways people come up with to justify murdering babies.

claim women have a right to their baby, what about the part of the baby that was the fathers? or you know, what about THE FREAKIN BABY PART?? babies apparently dont have a right to not be cut in half. interesting concept?

The sort of person that makes such a statement probably does, in fact, support killing those you listed. Ever look up utilitarian bioethics? There are some seriously sick people in the world these days. It isn't any different than what the Nazis wanted except that this is about who agrees with them, instead of other variables.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by christoph

That is a bit disingenuous, there is very little difference between a block or a site under a denial of service attack from the perspective of the user (or even a governmental seizure of the server/domain if not pointed down to a proper info page).

Do you by any chance doubt that TPTB on the US have a lesser capability for media control than in China ?!? So what was your point...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
My question is why does it matter what another person chooses to do with their body/ life? This is the problem when people try to dictate the lives of others to fit their own personal standards and morals. I don't care for about 60% of what people are doing now days but it is no concern of mine especially when it has no effect on me or others In any way.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trubl
My question is why does it matter what another person chooses to do with their body/ life? This is the problem when people try to dictate the lives of others to fit their own personal standards and morals. I don't care for about 60% of what people are doing now days but it is no concern of mine especially when it has no effect on me or others In any way.

Abortion isn't about what a woman does with HER body, but what she does with the body of her CHILD. Unborn doesn't mean non-human. Would you state what you did about any other sort of murder? After all, if they didn't kill you or a family member, it doesn't affect you personally. Killing an unborn child takes away all their rights. It's barbaric. It's wrong. That's the issue.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by pirhanna

The link is been blocked, it is nice to see that in the US we are restricted to news like communist countries like China.

The link is "temporarily inaccessible", I wonder when people are going to wake up and realized that we are not in Kansas anymore and that our freedom is just a matter of government allowances.

I've been seeing this happen a lot more often lately. Aside from that, I would never have an abortion for myself, but I do support other women's choice to do so, and I do admire Wendy Davis greatly for taking this stand and being the voice for women who could not speak. America is about making our own choices for ourselves, not what OTHER people want us to do. I'm thrilled to see this happen in Texas, and we need to start taking a big part in much more to turn our country around.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Abortion isn't about what a woman does with HER body, but what she does with the body of her CHILD. Unborn doesn't mean non-human. Would you state what you did about any other sort of murder? After all, if they didn't kill you or a family member, it doesn't affect you personally. Killing an unborn child takes away all their rights. It's barbaric. It's wrong. That's the issue.

But that's between the woman and her higher power, not you and your higher power.
2nd

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Because they want to control other women based on what they believe is right and wrong. They want to apply their religious beliefs on other people because they think they are superior. The people who do not want women to get abortions are not there to see how the child will end up suffering, or how that child may go hungry, or not have a good life. A woman knows when she cannot provide for her child, or cannot bear to carry a pregnancy out of rape. But there are people who want to take away that choice and force the woman to do what they want.

These people remind me of the women in The Handmaid's Tale. It's a very good book about women in a dystopian time period who control other women.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Openeye

Babies have civil rights. Fetuses do not, nor should they. Fetuses have no identity or concept of self.

*snip*

WRONG!

A "fetus" is a human being. The word "fetus" is simply a word for a person at a certain life stage, just like:

infant
toddler
child
adolescent
teenager
young adult
adult
middle aged
elderly

This is NOT an argument about what women do with their own bodies, but what they do with the body of another person. It's about legalized genocide. THAT is the bottom line.

It is the woman's body that grows this child. It's her body, providing an environment for which a zygote, embryo, and fetus can grow. The child cannot grow on it's own, therefore, the baby is part of the woman's body, it is not a separate entity that can live without the mother. This is basic A&P 101.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

This does not look like a parasite to me, it looks like a very tiny dismembered baby. Just because it is small does not mean it is not an individual person.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa

But that's between the woman and her higher power, not you and your higher power.
2nd

Well, then do away with all laws against all murder.

There is only one God.

Originally posted by Taissa

reply to post by Openeye

*snip*

WRONG!

infant
toddler
child
adolescent
teenager
young adult
adult
middle aged
elderly

It is the woman's body that grows this child. It's her body, providing an environment for which a zygote, embryo, and fetus can grow. The child cannot grow on it's own, therefore, the baby is part of the woman's body, it is not a separate entity that can live without the mother. This is basic A&P 101.

It is the child's body that is killed. A mother doesn't have a right to kill her child, simply because the child needs her to survive, any more than a father would have that right. Being the woman, being given the chance to raise a child, to care for and love and nourish another human being, isn't a right to kill that child. To claim otherwise if flat out wrong. Parts of your body do not have totally different DNA. THAT is basic biology.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

I'm here (on ATS in Texas) to tell you that Austin is the liberal Mecca of Texas and very few people outside of Austin share their liberal values.

The bill will be reintroduced and it will pass. Mark my words!

All you liberals in Austin need to step out of your bubble for a minute and realize that, though you feel surrounded by like minded people, people outside Austin are overwhelming pro life. The legislation will pass because its the will of the majority of Texans. You do not represent the people of Texas.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyofGlass
If a fetus cannot survive outside the womb then it's not an individual but rather an organism in a parasitic stage. Women have the right to their body, so at any time during a pregnancy if she chooses to no longer have a fetus feeding off her she should have the ability not to have it. If it's old enough to survive on it's own then so be it, create a law that requires that the fetus be removed and not aborted. If it's not able to survive outside of feeding off the woman's body then that means it is not an individual organism but still one still in a parasitic stage.
you /. ? answer to the question is the fetus of a jewish woman also parasite or only notj...?
edit on 28/6/13 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You know what bothers me the most.

Abortion for religious reasons.

The past year I engaged the Muslim world quite extensively.
I am known now with 3 abortions.
1 case: reason they were not married, so its haram
2 case :I am scared to tell my fam cause they will abandon me and the man is married with another woman and its Haram.
3 case :not married en the man backed of after 5 months saying abort the baby for his future and its Haram

I am shocked cause I believe these abortions peak any other reason for abortion.
Im Muslim myself,but I rather take the punishment then abort, its a gift in my opinion.
(Happening in the Netherlands)
edit on 28-6-2013 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Im sorry, but if y'all believe that this little show was the will of the people in Texas y'all are wrong... This is a minority group in Texas. And for a small minority they make a lot of noise (like the LGBTQ community). If the state has that many republicans in office I am only guessing that there is a lot more people who back this bill than who don't.

Sorry, now a days I am starting to see the few rule out the many.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

But by all means, just because they also provide abortions let's take that away from them.

www.abortion.com...

here are a bunch of abortion clinics that are active in texas right now. everything they provide is geared to abortion. it isn't a "well, they preform abortions...but they do a ton of other things too", the vast majority of everything they do are abortions, and no, i wouldn't be sad to see that go.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc
It's sad that people feel so elated about easy access to kill their babys. I'm not saying abortion shouldn't be available, but there's a price your soul will have to pay.

And that affects you how? If you're such a good Christian say a prayer for them and let your loving God deal with the aftermath. It's not your concern its between the individual, their "soul" and their "god". It shouldn't be up to you to impose your moralities on another sentient being. And having access to abortions isn't forcing someone else's morals on you because you have the option of whether or not to use the service whereas removing the option for someone who needs or would line the option actually is an imposition on someone else.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm am unapologetically a liberal - but really....20 weeks? That's 5 months. That's pretty disturbing.

Babies can be born and survive prematurely at that stage.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

It shouldn't be up to you to impose your moralities on another sentient being.

yup, let's just toss morality out the window.

face it, our system of law is based on coercion against performing certain acts. murder is one of these. you're making the moral relativity argument but it doesn't work as a philosophy.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join