It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Last Night (Arab Spring Texas Style)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

About Last Night (Arab Spring Texas Style)

www.jimrigby.org

There could have been a riot last night in the Texas Capitol. I don’t know how to put what happened into words. I have been involved in Texas politics for maybe thirty years and I have never seen anything like it. I suspect few of us had.
The people seemed to realize they had to stop asking for their own power.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.texasmonthly.com

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I was there. I've never seen anything quite like it, and I really never expected to. What the articles don't say is that there was line out of the capitol all the way to 12th st. And all kinds of people were there. You gotta understand - people don't come out to do these kinds of things in Texas unless they are genuinely pissed off. It just doesn't happen.

Once again government is overreaching, and they just seem to have hit the wrong button this time. If you think this is crazy, wait till you see when they try to bring this bill back up. Now, everyone actually knows what's going on and it's not just the activist community. These are regular people here in town that heard about this at the last minute and descended on the capitol building. (Or nothing will happen, as is the normal, but this was a really interesting day in Texas politics)

If any of you are familiar with Austin, you will know that getting folks to go to much of anything serious is like pulling teeth.

www.jimrigby.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-6-2013 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

We'll find out July 1st. That's when the next special session will start so they can try again.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I saw a look of determined peace in the peoples’ eyes as they ran toward what might be their own arrest. It was the peace one only sees in those who have given themselves to do their duty at any price.

www.jimrigby.org...

Someone is about to learn the hard way that we are capable of this:

You May Have Been Born to Flock

www.ideawave.ca...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Listen:

Here's a good one, though I will clarify one thing. Some senator(s) forged the time stamp on the bill to reflect a passage before midnight - video recorded that the vote occurred after the session had expired and that the time stamp had been tampered with. So it was later changed in closed door private meeting.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I heard about the time-stamp change on either The Daily Show or The Colbert Report earlier tonight. It was a step over the line. I'm glad people understood that some things are worth being arrested for.
edit on 27-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I'm not familiar with Texas politics. Is Austin about as "blue" as any place in the country? Something like Madison, WI?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Getting folks anywhere to do anything like this is "like pulling teeth". That is why our country is in the shape it is in today. It's going to take a whole lot of what you saw here happening in a lot of places over a long period of time for us to start seeing some positive change I believe. We didn't go to hell in a hand basket overnight... it's going to take a while to get us back right. I am glad to see so many finally waking up like they did here though. It gives you a little bit of hope for the future!!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I wouldn't really compare that to arab spring until we go toe to toe with armed riot police ... but I'm glad that people in Texas finally are starting to realize there is strength in numbers.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Surely an Arab Spring, Texas Style would involve a forty eight day long barbecue event and a state wide shootout? I jest of course. Its great to see successful public action, and the enforcement of the will of the people over the process of politics. Sure, this may be a fleeting victory, but at least the voice of the multitude has been heard, and that is one of the most important things in a political process.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Anytime that I see something like this that have to do with people telling their own elected officials that they have the right to show in numbers it gets my hard warm.

Americans has been sleeping for too long, while corruption has take over our nation, regardless of what bills or laws are been concocted or passed in the nation that affect all of us as citizens, we are just sleeping sheeple.

If we will stand up and face and challenge the shadow government ruling our nation behind politics our nation will be in control of the people not the crocks.

Our governments regardless of what state has been corrupted by power and too much private interest to care what we the people wants.

Thanks for the thread.
I imagine that will all the surveillance for "terrorist" in the nation every single person that participated in the stand off will be in Mr. Toad in the White house "person of special interest list".

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

The link is been blocked, it is nice to see that in the US we are restricted to news like communist countries like China.

The link is "temporarily inaccessible", I wonder when people are going to wake up and realized that we are not in Kansas anymore and that our freedom is just a matter of government allowances.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Some senator(s) forged the time stamp on the bill to reflect a passage before midnight - video recorded that the vote occurred after the session had expired and that the time stamp had been tampered with.

This was terrible. A person or few need to be fired or not reelected.

Austin might be liberal but Austin isn't the whole state of Texas.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Heard about the filibuster but didn't look into it yesterday. I was impressed that the senator did it and that was before reading how difficult they made it for her. Impressive lady. Thank you for sharing this.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Wendy Davis is my hero.

Curtailing choice is part of a larger plot to take away rights from women. Women must be allowed to control their own fertility, no matter how offended you may find terminating a pregnancy, since family planning is inextricably linked to controlling their destiny. Authoritarian men understand this and it's why they are falling all over themselves to reduce the number of choices women have.

Tea baggers were incredibly deceptive since their goal wasn't to have more freedoms. It is just the opposite. In the wake of where GOP teabaggers gained power you'll find a string of legislation that reduces autonomy for individuals.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I'm not familiar with Texas politics. Is Austin about as "blue" as any place in the country? Something like Madison, WI?

Austin is probably THE most "Blue" area in the state of Texas. The citizenry of the area for the most part are decidedly more liberal than the majority of the residents of Texas and I would equate the area with any other typical "Blue" area of the country. Note I said "typical"...."Blue" areas such as the New York City area I would not consider to be a "typically Blue" area but an overly extreme one.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

it's not blocked its actually down... but i know, it's much more fun to imagine the great firewall of Murica has blocked you from reading that article.

preview.tinyurl.com...
cache'd

edit on 27-6-2013 by christoph because: broken link

edit on 27-6-2013 by christoph because: fixing links, waste of time.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It's sad that people feel so elated about easy access to kill their babys. I'm not saying abortion shouldn't be available, but there's a price your soul will have to pay.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
i'm glad that people are bothering to get involved, but i am in support of such a bill. abortion is appalling as it is, and i think it should only be available in extreme cases (such as a serious and legitimate health risk to the mother).

the above is a 20 week old unborn baby. yup, completely not murder.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc
It's sad that people feel so elated about easy access to kill their babys. I'm not saying abortion shouldn't be available, but there's a price your soul will have to pay.

What about rape, incest? Oh wait that's all just God's plan right?
Get real buddy.

This was a turning point in Texas politics. The state is already turning purple and sideshows like these just help speed things up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join