To Vape Or Not To Vape?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
That is not really the question, but I was wondering who among our ATS members indulge in Vaping?

A little over 2 weeks ago I tried a new ecig. I have smoked for at least 20 years and I am now 36 with COPD. Yes. I know. WHICH is why I tried the new ecig. It wasn't the first new get up I have tried. I have tried many things through the years to kick the habit.... with no luck. Not even a life and death bout with pneumonia was enough. (Again....I know) Smoking is a powerful thing. A nasty, very unhealthy thing. Powerful none the less.

Anyway, I am HAPPY to announce that it has been 15 days since I have had a cigarette. I was totally taken with the new ecigs and the "feeling" vaping came with. It was closer to smoking than anything I have tried so far. I feel better, I smell better, I can taste more, the list goes on and on and I can't imagine going to back to regular cigarettes after this.

After the first week, I went online and ordered a kit so I could quit buying the disposable cigarettes and am expecting it later today. This one I will have to fill with my own liquid, etc to use instead of just unwrapping it and smoking it. There are tons of eliquid and mixtures out there and I am in completely new territory. If anyone here is "Vaping It", I would appreciate any advice you have to give me.

To those of you looking into an alternative to cigarettes? Give this a go. I can't promise it will work for everyone, but I can tell you how many things I tried and how hard it was for me to quit with anything else. If you are going to put money out for any other quit smoking gimmick in the near future.... try vaping... seriously.
edit on 6/26/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

go go go..you can do it sir!! it's better feel sick temporary..then you will feel fresh for a long time! quit smoking!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy

go go go..you can do it sir!! it's better feel sick temporary..then you will feel fresh for a long time! quit smoking!

Being a ma'am
... I still Thank You!!
Surprisingly it only took about 3 days to start really feeling the effects. I smelled my laundry detergent on my bed sheets for the first time in longer than I can remember lol. It's unreal how much you can go without smelling and tasting and not even know it.
edit on 6/26/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Do what you have to do and I wish you luck.
You are only fooling yourself if you believe you have not been smoking.
That go's for the greater populace as well.

If I told you I went from cigarettes to cigars, no one would applaud me. So it is from cigs to e-cigs.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I smoked a pack to 1.5 a day for 19 years.
Started vaping at the end of Feb. Haven't had a cigarette yet.
Feel better. More energy. Smell better. Sleep better. Taste more.

And most important. I don't crave the nasty things anymore. Except for when I drink. Which isn't often.

I get my liquids locally. Dew due mountain. Tastes just like Mt. Dew.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme

If I told you I went from cigarettes to cigars, no one would applaud me. So it is from cigs to e-cigs.

What's the tag line for this site?
You might want to learn it and then practice it.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Vaping is awesome. I'm the kind of guy that loves being able to customize and tinker with my stuff, and that was a big draw for me. You have tons of options, from the amount of liquid the e-cig can hold to the the tip you smoke out of! I have a box full of stuff to tinker with the $80 kit I bought from a local smoke shop, the brand is joytech.

You can get any flavor imaginable, at varying levels of nicotine all the way down to 0. It's like the patch, but you get to have that "hit" that I think so many smokers eventually come to enjoy in their lungs.

You smell better, you taste more, you save a TON of money and it's almost like having a little hobby. I averaged it out and I believe I would be saving $200 a month if I completely switched over. I need to. The reason I like 'real' smoking is that I have to go on my deck and I like watching the creek. Of course you can still do that with the e-cig, but it's satisfying to smoke indoors with 0 smell. I smoked one in the car with my Mom (this woman has the nose of a bloodhound) and she wasn't even bothered by it. Trust me when I say if it bugged her I would have heard.

The flavors! Anything you want really. There are at least 100's if not 1,000's of flavors! I don't really go in for flavored stuff, but I have to admit it's pretty cool to take a drag strong enough that you cough and have it taste like a strawberry.

There was one researcher I remember reading, and I like his comparison. Yeah, e-cigs aren't safe. They are the equivalent to having your kid play soccer instead of catch with a live grenade though.

Nice to see you again OP, I've always liked you.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

The huge "Puff Count" on ecigs lead to people smoking more frequently and much much longer due to not having to stop at the butt of a cigarette or two. I have no clue what the downfall of this would be since you are only inhaling the nicotine vapor and not all the other chemicals and smoke. But I figure I would point that out if you hadnt noticed already. Also, If you start to find the ecigs are becoming expensive I hear it is cheaper to purchase something like a "G pen". Its a personal vaporizer. Google it if you arent already aware of it, pretty neat. It can also be used for other things.
But I digress lol.

You are already light years healthier having kicked the chemicals. Goodluck brother.
Can only get better from here.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

If you ever change your avatar I will cry lol. I see cheesy and I EXPECT to see Mr. Bean avatar lol. Classic.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

This is why vaping is great. You start at a certain level of nicotine, you don't replace the psychological addiction, and you can easily and slowly wean yourself down to 0 nicotine. I actually would applaud you if you went from smoking a pack a day to smoking cigars. You're getting less mess in the lungs if you're smoking the cigars correctly.

I don't think vaping is at all good for you, but a heck of a lot better than sucking in all the other chemicals and a heck of a lot easier to control the nicotine content. It's a great tool for quitting for a lot of folks. Many are addicted to holding the cigarette, not just the nicotine. i'm one of those, I like the habit. For me it signals a break.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

No sir. I was not asking for applause, as I have tried to stop smoking and failed to do so too many times to be proud of myself in that regard.

I am not sure where you are coming from unless you are referring to the ecigs that still have nicotine and you are considering that "still smoking". If you choose products that contain nicotine, you are still inhaling thousands LESS toxins/chemicals into your body than before. You are inhaling nicotine and propylene glycol (which is found in most inhaler medications) or vegetable glycerin. You are only exhaling water vapor, so you are also not producing second hand smoke. However, there are tons of ecigs and ecig options that contain NO nicotine at all.

I consider both, to be a MUCH healthier option and not "smoking" as the typical definition would apply.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm

I smoked a pack to 1.5 a day for 19 years.
Started vaping at the end of Feb. Haven't had a cigarette yet.
Feel better. More energy. Smell better. Sleep better. Taste more.

And most important. I don't crave the nasty things anymore. Except for when I drink. Which isn't often.

I get my liquids locally. Dew due mountain. Tastes just like Mt. Dew.

I had gotten up to about 2 packs a day. I just felt like total crap. Not including the cost.

I don't have a shop I can go to locally to purchase anything like that. That is kind of why I was wanting opinions.
I ordered a few bottles of regular tobacco flavor and a few different flavors to try. I am not sure how it will go over.
I have some egg nog coming. I will let you know how it goes!

I might have to give Mt. Dew a go. The sheer number of flavors boggles my mind!

I am glad vaping has worked so well for you. I am hoping I can stick with it myself. So far I am not missing the real thing. I haven't drank in years... though I can only imagine one would miss it pretty badly then.

Originally posted by Domo1
Vaping is awesome. I'm the kind of guy that loves being able to customize and tinker with my stuff, and that was a big draw for me. You have tons of options, from the amount of liquid the e-cig can hold to the the tip you smoke out of! I have a box full of stuff to tinker with the $80 kit I bought from a local smoke shop, the brand is joytech.

You can get any flavor imaginable, at varying levels of nicotine all the way down to 0. It's like the patch, but you get to have that "hit" that I think so many smokers eventually come to enjoy in their lungs.

You smell better, you taste more, you save a TON of money and it's almost like having a little hobby. I averaged it out and I believe I would be saving $200 a month if I completely switched over. I need to. The reason I like 'real' smoking is that I have to go on my deck and I like watching the creek. Of course you can still do that with the e-cig, but it's satisfying to smoke indoors with 0 smell. I smoked one in the car with my Mom (this woman has the nose of a bloodhound) and she wasn't even bothered by it. Trust me when I say if it bugged her I would have heard.

The flavors! Anything you want really. There are at least 100's if not 1,000's of flavors! I don't really go in for flavored stuff, but I have to admit it's pretty cool to take a drag strong enough that you cough and have it taste like a strawberry.

There was one researcher I remember reading, and I like his comparison. Yeah, e-cigs aren't safe. They are the equivalent to having your kid play soccer instead of catch with a live grenade though.

Nice to see you again OP, I've always liked you.

I can see where it would be like a hobby. I have not gotten my kit yet, but I have started another list of things that I want to add to it, get for it, etc.
The market and options are just mind blowing. I figured the more opinions I could get, the more money I would probably save. I can see where I could get a little crazy with it!

And the "throat hit" is what makes it successful I think. That is the main thing I have missed with everything else I have tried. That first hit you take after certain activities...
Nothing else could offer that, until now.

It's always good to see you Domo. The feeling has always been mutual.

Originally posted by StrangeTimez

The huge "Puff Count" on ecigs lead to people smoking more frequently and much much longer due to not having to stop at the butt of a cigarette or two. I have no clue what the downfall of this would be since you are only inhaling the nicotine vapor and not all the other chemicals and smoke. But I figure I would point that out if you hadnt noticed already. Also, If you start to find the ecigs are becoming expensive I hear it is cheaper to purchase something like a "G pen". Its a personal vaporizer. Google it if you arent already aware of it, pretty neat. It can also be used for other things.
But I digress lol.

You are already light years healthier having kicked the chemicals. Goodluck brother.
Can only get better from here.

I can definitely see that being an issue and I have tried to cut back on my intake all together. I bought a grape ecig and it was so good, I didn't buy any more for that specific reason.
It was like candy! I actually did look into the vaporizer before deciding on the ego. It was a decision I might have thought on a bit longer if I didn't imagine the cops having a field day finding it in my purse.

Thanks for the encouragement!
Every little bit helps!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

reply to post by cheesy

If you ever change your avatar I will cry lol. I see cheesy and I EXPECT to see Mr. Bean avatar lol. Classic.

he's 12 meter tall bean..this is why Mr.Bean dont want to show up on tv anymore

Back to Topic : Smoking Not good for health..
edit on 26-6-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

This is why vaping is great. You start at a certain level of nicotine, you don't replace the psychological addiction, and you can easily and slowly wean yourself down to 0 nicotine. I actually would applaud you if you went from smoking a pack a day to smoking cigars. You're getting less mess in the lungs if you're smoking the cigars correctly.

I don't think vaping is at all good for you, but a heck of a lot better than sucking in all the other chemicals and a heck of a lot easier to control the nicotine content. It's a great tool for quitting for a lot of folks. Many are addicted to holding the cigarette, not just the nicotine. i'm one of those, I like the habit. For me it signals a break.

DEAD ON! The physical aspect of the habit is as addictive as the nicotine itself IMO. even after 2 weeks I still catch myself reaching for my pack when I am on here, watching tv, etc. Even though I have had my craving satisfied and I can hold the ecig... it is still not quite the same as the real physical cigarette and the habit one develops around them. I struggled more with that during this time in quitting than I did the lack of nicotine (I am taking in a lot less even with the ecig).

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy

reply to post by cheesy

he's 12 meter tall bean..this is why Mr.Bean dont want to show up on tv anymore

Back to Topic : Smoking Not good for health..
edit on 26-6-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

OMG!!! I kept looking at your avatar like WTH?? I knew something was up with it. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Every time I scrolled past it, I would have to scroll back up and look at it. I couldn't quite figure out what was so weird about it....until now.

How did I NOT KNOW that was Mr. Bean??
*facepalm*

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I bought a kit about 2 months ago. I really cut down. If I dont have the energy to go outside I just take a drag off of the vape and continue. Usually forget about the cig craving after a few hits. Its really cool because its not smoke you can hit it anywhere you want. Mine came with a huge battery (recharge via usb) and 3 liquids 10 mill each with 8mg nicotine in each. I have Marlboro, Tropical and something else delicious flavors. I like it a lot and was the best deal I could find anywhere. After I got it and showed it to my coworkers 3 of them bought it immediately so I am sure there is a big market out there to sell these. The place I got them from told me many people buy his kits and resell them at 100% markup no problem. I paid $55 for the whole thing plus shipping and had in within 2 days. Boom Vapour is the site. Highly recommended. The liquids last a long time as I still have about half of each left after 2 months and you can order new bottles for $8. They will also give you free bottles etc if you send them someone like I did with my coworkers

Cheers to smoking less!!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

You are missing a point or are misinformed. Do you know the number of chemicals in cigarettes other then nicotine?
Your not smoking any of those, nor the tobacco. I think you are the one that has been fooled.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
It doesn't need to be something "To get you off of smokes" more like, to enjoy the same thing without the stink, and deteriorating effects of burning smoke into your lungs.

I enjoy vaping much more than cigarettes. Since I started I don't get the annoying cravings I did from smokes, (I presume due to the delayed uptake from nicotine absorption) and as you said, the list is quite long...

Much better than smoking. I have no idea why it isn't more popular.

Oh, and when you're in public, the eroll by joytech is brilliant, as it's small and doesn't need a button to work. At home, I find the Innokins to be the best, and I prefer a larger unit that provides better vapes. Not as discreet but who cares when you're on your couch.
edit on 27-6-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Ecigs and regular cigarettes are not even in the same ball park. It's the equivalent of switching from cigarettes to coffee. You are getting the nicotine (which is very similar to caffeine when it's not burnt) and you are eliminating all the crap inhaled in the burning process of a cigarette.

Personally, I had to stop drinking caffeine as it was causing way too many negative side effects. Nicotine in small amounts is fine for me. Smoking took its toll and I had to give it up.

Check my cig to understand what I'm talking about. The persecution of smokers has gotten ridiculous in the past 20 years. Anything related now and for some reason everyone is a moral authority and PhD.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
It doesn't need to be something "To get you off of smokes" more like, to enjoy the same thing without the stink, and deteriorating effects of burning smoke into your lungs.

I enjoy vaping much more than cigarettes. Since I started I don't get the annoying cravings I did from smokes, (I presume due to the delayed uptake from nicotine absorption) and as you said, the list is quite long...

Much better than smoking. I have no idea why it isn't more popular.

Oh, and when you're in public, the eroll by joytech is brilliant, as it's small and doesn't need a button to work. At home, I find the Innokins to be the best, and I prefer a larger unit that provides better vapes. Not as discreet but who cares when you're on your couch.
edit on 27-6-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Good point about it letting you continue something you enjoy but cutting out the risk. I think that is a biggie for me, as I do enjoy smoking. Most smokers I know do. And if there is a healthier way.... count us in! I have wondered why it isn't more popular since trying it myself. There seems to be a huge market for it online, but I don't have a shop anywhere near me and I have not seen anyone using them in public either. We do have cigarette stores, but they sell cigarettes and cigars. That is where I found my disposable ecigs, but they are a new product and sold individually. The closest thing to a kit they carry is the Blu.

I did do as much research as I could before I bought one. I purchased an Ego ce5. I am hoping it will have the throat hit I want when it arrives. I might have to check out that Innokins for a backup. Thanks!

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join