It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a message from Heaven concerning the Supreme Court decision today....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27

Originally posted by resoe26
reply to post by Kody27

Not Born Gay

The source above gives a very detailed essay on how Nobody Is Born Gay.
there is no gay gene and no experiments that can prove it.
-To conduct a solid experiment you must add in environmental and social factors.
Which most of the experiments you're referring to...DIDN'T

"...scientists theorize that a combination of genetic, hormonal and social factors determine sexual orientation.[1][2] Biological theories for explaining the causes of sexual orientation are more popular,[1] and biological factors may involve a complex interplay of genetic factors and the early uterine environment.[3] These factors, which may be related to the development of a heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or asexual orientation, include genes, prenatal hormones, and brain structure." Wikipedia for "Biology and sexual orientation"

Problem here is that "scientists theorize" It's not a proven fact.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

reply to post by resoe26

"In July 2010 a group of geneticists at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science an Technology altered the sexual preferences of female mice by removing a single gene linked to reproductive behavior. Without the gene, the mice exhibited masculine sexual behavior and attraction toward urine of other female mice. Those mice who retained the gene fucose mutarotase (FucM) were attracted to male mice."

en.wikipedia.org...

well can they do that with humans? as far as I'm concerned, mice and humans don't have the exact same genetic qualities.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

"Gay men and lesbians are significantly more likely to be left-handed or ambidextrous than non-gay men and women; Simon LeVay argues that because "[h]and preference is observable before birth... [t]he observation of increased non-right-handness in gay people is therefore consistent with the idea that sexual orientation is influenced by prenatal processes," perhaps heredity."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

reply to post by Kody27

Not Born Gay

-To conduct a solid experiment you must add in environmental and social factors.

"...scientists theorize that a combination of genetic, hormonal and social factors determine sexual orientation.[1][2] Biological theories for explaining the causes of sexual orientation are more popular,[1] and biological factors may involve a complex interplay of genetic factors and the early uterine environment.[3] These factors, which may be related to the development of a heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or asexual orientation, include genes, prenatal hormones, and brain structure." Wikipedia for "Biology and sexual orientation"

You're right, it's just that every arrow points in that direction, so the opposite is most likely true, right?
If it smells like, looks like, tastes like, and sounds like crap, then it's crap, it's not cupcakes.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

an academic huh? Nice to see you put your 'talents' to use on a website.

I'm an artist.... so I guess I'm a bit unqualified for this discussion.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Kody27

Not Born Gay

I'll take a qualified and educated researcher whom has dedicated years of their lives to the study of genetics over the rantings of people on the internet claiming that "scientific theory" isn't a FACT!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Some studies have found correlations between physiology of people and their sexuality. These studies provide evidence which they claim suggests that:

Gay men and straight women have, on average, equally proportioned brain hemispheres. Lesbian women and straight men have, on average, slightly larger right brain hemispheres.
The VIP SCN nucleus of the hypothalamus is larger in men than in women, and larger in gay men than in heterosexual men.
Gay men report, on an average, slightly longer and thicker penises than non-gay men.
The average size of the INAH-3 in the brains of gay men is approximately the same size as INAH 3 in women, which is significantly smaller, and the cells more densely packed, than in heterosexual men's brains.
The anterior commissure is larger in women than men and was reported to be larger in gay men than in non-gay men, but a subsequent study found no such difference.
Gay men's brains respond differently to fluoxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor.
The functioning of the inner ear and the central auditory system in lesbians and bisexual women are more like the functional properties found in men than in non-gay women (the researchers argued this finding was consistent with the prenatal hormonal theory of sexual orientation).
The suprachiasmatic nucleus was found by Swaab and Hopffman to be larger in gay men then in non-gay men, the suprachiasmatic nucleus is also known to be larger in men than in women.
The startle response (eyeblink following a loud sound) is similarly masculinized in lesbians and bisexual women.
Gay and non-gay people's brains respond differently to two putative sex pheromones (AND, found in male armpit secretions, and EST, found in female urine).
The amygdala, a region of the brain, is more active in gay men than non-gay men when exposed to sexually arousing material.
Finger length ratios between the index and ring fingers may be different between non-gay and lesbian women.
Gay men and lesbians are significantly more likely to be left-handed or ambidextrous than non-gay men and women; Simon LeVay argues that because "[h]and preference is observable before birth...[t]he observation of increased non-right-handness in gay people is therefore consistent with the idea that sexual orientation is influenced by prenatal processes," perhaps heredity.
A study of over 50 gay men found that about around 23% had counterclockwise hair whorl, as opposed to 8% in the general population. This may correlate with left-handedness.
Gay men have increased ridge density in the fingerprints on their left thumbs and pinkies.
Length of limbs and hands of gay men is smaller compared to height than the general population, but only among white men.

Cognitive

Recent studies suggest the presence of subtle differences in the way gay people and non-gay people process certain kinds of information. Researchers have found that:

Gay men and lesbians are more verbally fluent than heterosexuals of the same sex (but two studies did not find this result).
Gay men may receive higher scores than non-gay men on tests of object location memory (no difference was found between lesbians and non-gay women)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

an academic huh? Nice to see you put your 'talents' to use on a website.

I'm an artist.... so I guess I'm a bit unqualified for this discussion.

Yes, you are a bit unqualified for this discussion, but I have already pointed that out and attempted to help educate you and build your knowledge so that you can have a more well informed opinion.

I'm also an artist. It is good to find common ground.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

tell me this though....
how come it is that people can switch from being a homosexual to straight and vice versa?
-that's why it seems to be all preference as well. Choices

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

reply to post by resoe26

"In July 2010 a group of geneticists at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science an Technology altered the sexual preferences of female mice by removing a single gene linked to reproductive behavior. Without the gene, the mice exhibited masculine sexual behavior and attraction toward urine of other female mice. Those mice who retained the gene fucose mutarotase (FucM) were attracted to male mice."

en.wikipedia.org...

well can they do that with humans? as far as I'm concerned, mice and humans don't have the exact same genetic qualities.

Idk if it's legal to experiment on live humans like that, just rearranging their genes to see what happens. No two species have the "exact" same genetic qualities. So why the hell do scientists do experiments on mice in the first place if their genetics are so vastly different than ours? Because they're different in one aspect, but the same on many more levels.

Experiments on mice have provided us with so many advances in science, with products, medical procedures, medicines, etc... To say that this study is irrelevant because mice aren't the same as humans is quite the prevential attitude.
edit on 27-6-2013 by Kody27 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Frankly though, all I need is some super solid proof of this 'gene', then Id believe. But I haven't seen it yet. Researchers and Scientists are still on the debate and conducting experiments on this... are they not?

-you paint? what medium?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

reply to post by resoe26

"Gay men and lesbians are significantly more likely to be left-handed or ambidextrous than non-gay men and women; Simon LeVay argues that because "[h]and preference is observable before birth... [t]he observation of increased non-right-handness in gay people is therefore consistent with the idea that sexual orientation is influenced by prenatal processes," perhaps heredity."

en.wikipedia.org...

This is more of a joke, it has nothing to do with sexual behavior, it just came to mind. According to the Bible the left hand is not a good thing.

Matthew 25

31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy[c] angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

tell me this though....
how come it is that people can switch from being a homosexual to straight and vice versa?
-that's why it seems to be all preference as well. Choices

Our sexuality isn't merely binary. Gay or Straight. White or Black. Yes or No. Like many many aspects of our lives, it comes in degrees. Some people are very smart. Some are kind of smart. Some are rather dumb. Some like sweet things a lot. Some like sweets a little. Some do not like sweets. Some people like men. Some like women. Some like none. Some like both. Some like men with breast. Some like women without breasts.

What you are addressing is someones ability to control their actions. Sometimes someone is with a man that was once with a woman. Does that mean that this person never liked men? No. Does it mean that he never liked women? No. It merely means that his actions were not necessarily dictated by a sexual-binary response.

Could I have sex with a man? Probably. Would I enjoy it? Probably not. Does that make me homosexual? I don't think so. Sexuality is less concerned with action and more concerned with attraction.

I hope this is making sense.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Frankly though, all I need is some super solid proof of this 'gene', then Id believe. But I haven't seen it yet. Researchers and Scientists are still on the debate and conducting experiments on this... are they not?

-you paint? what medium?

Genetics sciences are still in their relative infancy. We only got the entire human genome mapped in the 90's. I think the next 20 years are going to have some fantastic findings, one of which will be a cure for chemical dependence, obesity, and the discovery of (and possibly a way to modify) a gene controlling sexual desires.

I do it all. Sculpt, paint, cook, draw, pixel art, sewing, music, and have recently been getting into some prose writing, though I don't feel it's very good.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

reply to post by resoe26

en.wikipedia.org...

This is more of a joke, it has nothing to do with sexual behavior, it just came to mind. According to the Bible the left hand is not a good thing.

Matthew 25

31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy[c] angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

That's an adequate source....the Bible...which also says:

"No one whos testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the house of the Lord." - Deuteronomy 23:1

"Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that has known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." Numbers 31:17

Of course I could go on listing ancient and irrelevant practices in the Bible, but you'll just pick and choose to follow the verse that you like and that adhere to your own opinion.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

-you paint? what medium?

Genetics sciences are still in their relative infancy. We only got the entire human genome mapped in the 90's. I think the next 20 years are going to have some fantastic findings, one of which will be a cure for chemical dependence, obesity, and the discovery of (and possibly a way to modify) a gene controlling sexual desires.

So you see a future where science will take what's natural and make it unnatural. No offence, but I wouldn't want to live in that future.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

-you paint? what medium?

So you see a future where science will take what's natural and make it unnatural. No offence, but I wouldn't want to live in that future.

Says the man talking to me over a network of silicon-based electricity-powered circuits.

Welcome to the future.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Originally posted by auraelium
Why did he make Gay people then? if he was gona be so offended by the way they act?

This is the argument of a 3 year old. All the people who think this way and agree with you have the spiritual mental capacity of a toddler. God created everything perfect. Earth, plants, animals, and man. It wasn't until the Serpent and sin came along that everything was corrupted. If you don't believe in God and creation that's fine, but don't try to use it as a weak argument.

Didn't God create the serpent too? How can his creation be perfect and corrupted at the same time, without God taking responsibility for both?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Kody27

I'd love to see a reliable source for your claim.
--Most of what I read on the topic states that during childhood everyone is essentially bi-sexual.
It isn't until you age and encounter certain experiences during youth that you begin to prefer the opposite gender or your own.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Originally posted by auraelium
Why did he make Gay people then? if he was gona be so offended by the way they act?

This is the argument of a 3 year old. All the people who think this way and agree with you have the spiritual mental capacity of a toddler. God created everything perfect. Earth, plants, animals, and man. It wasn't until the Serpent and sin came along that everything was corrupted. If you don't believe in God and creation that's fine, but don't try to use it as a weak argument.

Didn't God create the serpent too? How can his creation be perfect and corrupted at the same time, without God taking responsibility for both?

Show me a talking serpent. Everyone knows that, that story tells how Satan disguised himself as a serpent to trick man and woman.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join