It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a message from Heaven concerning the Supreme Court decision today....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Originally posted by resoe26
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

How can you argue humans vs animals on homosexuality?

are you serious right now??
so the ability to make choices and intelligence are equivalent to an animals?

some animals eat their own Sh**... maybe you should do that too?

If the behavior is found within the unthinking, we can safely assume the behavior is not taught. So why assume that it is something that is merely taught within our own species?

when was it found within the unthinking? where is the source for that claim? or are you just vomiting bullsh** right now?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RickKilgannon

Well, if this practice is to be expanded more than anticipated than I foresee a loss of all benefits of Americans in the future. The cost of insurance to employees is not a small cost for businesses. There is a limit on how much of this cost can be passed on to the consumer with the competitive market. Companies will have to go out of business if their expenses rise or lower expenses somehow. Insurance of the employee's family is not required of any business other than in Union agreements. Unions are loosing their power in America.

I am just stating possible future events, I am neutral on this because it does not apply to me directly at this time.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

How can you argue humans vs animals on homosexuality?

are you serious right now??
so the ability to make choices and intelligence are equivalent to an animals?

some animals eat their own Sh**... maybe you should do that too?

If the behavior is found within the unthinking, we can safely assume the behavior is not taught. So why assume that it is something that is merely taught within our own species?

when was it found within the unthinking? where is the source for that claim? or are you just vomiting bullsh** right now?

Allow this to be the beginning of your pursuit of knowledge.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now, understand that wikipedia should only be the beginning. You should explore the lists of references at the bottom of the page for more information.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by Kody27

Gender preference is hard wired in your body when you are born,

Give me a break. You can't possibly prove that. Gender preference is no different than age preference. When you are born you have no idea what a relationship is or what sex is. The only way to find out is to have someone teach you. So all those running around talking about they were born gay are doing nothing but lying to themselves. Bottom line is that homosexuality is a taught behavior. No one is born that way, it's impossible.

edit on 27-6-2013 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

by your remarks, you could essentially be taught to be gay now? so what you are saying is you believe that you could be gay if taught properly?

i was anything but taught gay, those of you who are not gay may find it easy to sit there and claim misconceptions and quote articles and claim we had a choice to be gay, but if you have not lived it how can you say for certain?

that is like me saying straight people are born gay and select to be straight after being taught that

LoL, who was your first sexual encounter with? You where either taught how to perform this act or you taught to someone else.

Could I be taught to be gay now? Sure, but I would never engage myself in such behavior.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

you are probably one of the most ignorant people I have come across on this website. Bar none.
-Once again, you want to act like an 'animal' so be it. I could care less.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Give me a break. You can't possibly prove that. Gender preference is no different than age preference. When you are born you have no idea what a relationship is or what sex is. The only way to find out is to have someone teach you. So all those running around talking about they were born gay are doing nothing but lying to themselves. Bottom line is that homosexuality is a taught behavior. No one is born that way, it's impossible.

So then why are their homosexual animals.. and who taught the first person to be gay?

Animals aren't humans (although some would argue with that, lol.) so I don't care about their sexual behavior.

As for who started it. How the heck am I suppose to know. Either way, it's not natural human behavior.

Ah, you don't believe humans are animals. I really have nothing left for you, as the willfully ignorant cannot be taught.

really dipshi*?
did you not read my post?
Apparently you believe that because we are essentially "animals" we should behave like them as well...?

do your thing man. go eat your own sh** and pi** where you lay.

Are you under the impression that this is how the majority of animals behave? It would seem that your education on animal behaviors leaves a lot to be desired.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

you are probably one of the most ignorant people I have come across on this website. Bar none.
-Once again, you want to act like an 'animal' so be it. I could care less.

So instead of actually debating the merits of the information that I have presented, you merely call me a name and wash your hands of it.

This is kind of what I was talking about when I said that the willfully ignorant cannot be taught.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I was making a generalization. Can you read between lines? Do you not see my argument?

-oh by the way, you weren't born gay.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I was making a generalization. Can you read between lines? Do you not see my argument?

Your generalizations make you look uneducated.

However, you are correct. I was not born gay.

Another generalization, perhaps?
edit on 27-6-2013 by MichaelPMaccabee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

So then why are their homosexual animals.. and who taught the first person to be gay?

Animals aren't humans (although some would argue with that, lol.) so I don't care about their sexual behavior.

As for who started it. How the heck am I suppose to know. Either way, it's not natural human behavior.

Ah, you don't believe humans are animals. I really have nothing left for you, as the willfully ignorant cannot be taught.

I said, "Animals are't human" please read more carefully.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I said, "Animals are't human" please read more carefully.

I understand perfectly what you wrote. If animals aren't humans, logically, humans cannot be animals.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

your arguments also make you look uneducated.

Not Born Gay

for some reason you arguing that we have natural animal instincts that tell us to be attracted to the same sex. Sure whatever, my arguement was completley different. the above source says what I was trying to display all along.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Not Born Gay

for some reason you arguing that we have natural animal instincts that tell us to be attracted to the same sex. Sure whatever, my arguement was completley different. the above source says what I was trying to display all along.

So an anonymous and non-peer reviewed article on a scientific topic is supposed to sway me?

I've read dozens of books by both cultural anthropologists and genetic researchers. I've gone to lectures, been involved in studies, done research of my own (unpublished), and looked at certain aspects in ways not picked up on within the mainstream. For instance, are you aware of the extraordinarily high percentage of homosexuals whom are colorblind? Many people aren't because it doesn't play into the stereotypes all that well, however flamboyantly dressed homosexual culture could spring directly from this aspect of gay as a genetic predisposition.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

So right here..did you not agree with me.. or were you simply saying "YOU" personally aren't gay?
i

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

So right here..did you not agree with me.. or were you simply saying "YOU" personally aren't gay?
i

I starred your post because it made me laugh.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Kody27

Not Born Gay

The source above gives a very detailed essay on how Nobody Is Born Gay.
there is no gay gene and no experiments that can prove it.
-To conduct a solid experiment you must add in environmental and social factors.
Which most of the experiments you're referring to...DIDN'T

"...scientists therorize that a combination of genetic, hormonal and social factors determine sexual orientation.[1][2] Biological theories for explaining the causes of sexual orientation are more popular,[1] and biological factors may involve a complex interplay of genetic factors and the early uterine environment.[3] These factors, which may be related to the development of a heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or asexual orientation, include genes, prenatal hormones, and brain structure." Wikipedia for "Biology and sexual orientation"

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Not Born Gay

So an anonymous and non-peer reviewed article on a scientific topic is supposed to sway me?

I've read dozens of books by both cultural anthropologists and genetic researchers. I've gone to lectures, been involved in studies, done research of my own (unpublished), and looked at certain aspects in ways not picked up on within the mainstream. For instance, are you aware of the extraordinarily high percentage of homosexuals whom are colorblind? Many people aren't because it doesn't play into the stereotypes all that well, however flamboyantly dressed homosexual culture could spring directly from this aspect of gay as a genetic predisposition.

yawn. sources please.
and with my source, the conclusion is all that you needed to read really.

We are sexual beings, yet this does not mean that we are born homosexual, bisexual, or heterosexual. Our sexual expression can change over time, towards different people, through different experiences. A lack of understanding about this type of human variability often leads to a perspective that our genes define who we are. Each of the above areas of research displays findings that hinge on the assumption that a given individual’s sexual expression neatly fits into the categories “straight” and “gay.” By not considering evidence of human sexual fluidity, debates regarding origins and biology are not substantial or complete. Current efforts fail to tell the whole story. And even if we were to accept that the assigned sexual orientation of the individuals participating in these studies accurately reflected their lifelong expression, conclusive proof of a link between this and their genes has yet to be found.

References to the article are at the source

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

"In July 2010 a group of geneticists at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science an Technology altered the sexual preferences of female mice by removing a single gene linked to reproductive behavior. Without the gene, the mice exhibited masculine sexual behavior and attraction toward urine of other female mice. Those mice who retained the gene fucose mutarotase (FucM) were attracted to male mice."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Not Born Gay

yawn. sources please.
and with my source, the conclusion is all that you needed to read really.

We are sexual beings, yet this does not mean that we are born homosexual, bisexual, or heterosexual. Our sexual expression can change over time, towards different people, through different experiences. A lack of understanding about this type of human variability often leads to a perspective that our genes define who we are. Each of the above areas of research displays findings that hinge on the assumption that a given individual’s sexual expression neatly fits into the categories “straight” and “gay.” By not considering evidence of human sexual fluidity, debates regarding origins and biology are not substantial or complete. Current efforts fail to tell the whole story. And even if we were to accept that the assigned sexual orientation of the individuals participating in these studies accurately reflected their lifelong expression, conclusive proof of a link between this and their genes has yet to be found.

References to the article are at the source

Yeah, I'm kind of an academic. I looked at the sources. The sources point to more opinion on studies that were fully vetted and peer reviewed. This paper doesn't actually rule out genetic origin either. You're big money shot isn't really doing anything to prove that genetics aren't the cause for homosexual behaviors. However, in all fairness, you can't prove it doesn't exist, one can one prove the link -does- exist. Which is why I was pointing at other animals on this planet that do not learn behaviors as humans do but do exhibit homosexual tendencies within their species. I have already provided the link for you to enjoy at your leisure.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join