It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a message from Heaven concerning the Supreme Court decision today....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

I don't need scientific sources I know what I am, I know what I was!

Yes maybe pedophiles are born that way, doesn't make it right to want to have sex with children, I don't want to have sex with children thats the difference that you can't see! I have never had sex wtih an underage person and I never will!
edit on 27/6/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

That's not what I'm really referencing. What I'm saying is that if you believe you were born that way, then you must also believe pedophiles were too.
-no big deal bub... just want to see evidence that support the born that way claim.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by resoe26

I don't need scientific sources I know what I am, I know what I was!

Yes maybe pedophiles are born that way, doesn't make it right to want to have sex with children, I don't want to have sex with children thats the difference that you can't see! I have never had sex wtih an underage person and I never will!

I would never punch a child, should boxing be made illegal? Should we have contempt for people that want to punch children? Maybe, but only if they actually punch children or look at pictures of videos of children being punched.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
reply to post by wiser3

That's not what I'm really referencing. What I'm saying is that if you believe you were born that way, then you must also believe pedophiles were too.
-no big deal bub... just want to see evidence that support the born that way claim.

The good old nature vs nurture argument hey.

Simple fact is for every study one can find to support nature, one will find a matching argument for nurture. Perhaps the best evidence is our stories.

Another member has already pointed out his belief. My own story backs his up. My own mother will tell you she sensed I was 'different' when I was born.

At the moment anecdotal evidence either way is all you are going to get.

As for pedophiles, don't know, don't care whether it's a birth thing or not. Whatever the case it's not going to make the harm they cause children any less.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Another human with a God complex. So what's new?

"same sex marriage - would have been scandalous a generation ago. That is how compromised the morals of this generation have become."

You can replace "same sex marriage" with 20 different things from, inter-racial marriage to marriage for love, to women voting. Jeez. If I was nice I'd say willful ignorance. I'm not. It's naked stupidity. Unfortunately this is the norm on Earth. Progressives always start out in the minority but then, given enough time. win the day. Why is that? The work of the devil you say? LOL Pretty strong dude then. LOL

Conservatives have been on the wrong side of every issue for the last 2100 years or more. Still can't learn? What's the problem?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Text First of all, those are the words of man. Second. Why in the hell does everyone have to follow your good book? Live and let live, if you have such a problem with gay marriage, umm, don't marry someone of the same sex. Sorry, but you bible thumpers make me sick. Everyone should be free to worship and believe whatever they want and not do everything they can to force it on others.
reply to post by ShadowLink

@ ShadowLink

You are right. No one has to follow any good book. Thanks for calling it a good book. I am a bible thumper who you despise and I don't hate you even though you hate me. for what I am. That shows me that you must believe it's alright for you to hate but not alright for a bible thumper to hate. Sounds about what this whole country is all about doesn't it?

This good book that has you so upset is my prerogative to read and believe. No one is forcing you to read it or believe it. That is all up to you and your belief. The only thing your blog showed me was that you believe that it is alright to hate but the other guy should not have that same right that you have. Kind of one way isn't it?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Well if you're born that way, then where does this gene come from? It cannot be passed on because it takes male and female relations to reproduce. So this gene is a genetic mystery then? can you support your claim with some sources?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
Seers and Prophets? Seriously? Seers and Prophets? You profess to be a christian, religious person and you put faith in seers and prophets? Didn't your God tell you not to?

ps. I was born gay and I will die gay! Never did I and never would I have chosen to be gay, to be shunned and hated by judgemental people like you who have never experienced hate and discrimination over something that you had NO CHOICE in! Didn't God also say "Judge not lest ye be judged"? You and all the gay haters on this planet WILL NOT judge me, my God will be the judge of me and my life and when I die SHE will welcome me with open arms!

WOW ! This takes my breath away ... very very well said my friend there is so much passion in your words ... speaking as a straight female Pagan your words touched me deeply.

The OP has such a blinkered view of the world in general and a distorted view of their own chosen religion in particular ... sadly there are many like him/her in the world and this is the cause of the shadow cast across our planet ... using words from their own story book - 'Forgive them lord for they know not what they do' !

Woody

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

Personally, I believe this shouldn't be taught in school. If a child is gay fine, he should have access to a councilor and be educated about it on an individual basis.

Until people like the poster you quoted are no longer shaping kids minds with their twisted views, I have to disagree. Tolerance. It's a pretty basic concept, most of us get it. Most of the kids being raised by people like that poster get it too, those who don't merely need to excise the bile they've been fed since birth.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think that this decision could cause more conflict than good in the future. If companies have to provide insurance to a family it is already expensive enough. If they now have to supply insurance to a friend of an employee where an agreement to marry was reached to share insurance and tax benefits of being married, than the business's added expenses may cause them to quit providing family coverage all together to all employees. I see more incentive for this law promoting personal gain than in promoting fairness. Inheritance taxes exempted, social security survivor benefits applying to a bigger group, married tax credits, etc... The government will have no choice but to get rid of all these exemptions in the future, unless they drastically increase rates.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I am not going to read the whole thread. And you probably won't care. But God's message is love. Love your brother and your sister as you would have them love you.

You do not have to agree with their choices, just as they may not agree with yours. But if you claim to be a follower of Jesus Christ, then act accordingly. Love is not intolerance. Love is unconditional.

If sin is committed, that is between the sinner and their God.

Love is happiness. I wish everyone happiness. Unconditionally.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I believe in a creator, none of my business how people live their lives, that is between them and their maker, every-time I start to pass judgment on a specific individual for any reason I have to remember all my shortcomings, all the mistakes I have made.

edit on 093030p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
To the Christians: Understand that right now this is their world. They do as they please and don't care about God, His laws, or what He thinks is sin. So while they still possess the earth don't be too surprised that the courts also do the bidding of the prince of the power of the air. Be patient.

To the unbelievers: While you may choose to do as you please and disregard God, Jesus will be coming back real soon to rule the Earth. He will be coming back to fight and to conquer the Earth and take it away from the children of disobedience. I know you don't care. It doesn't change a thing.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I am not the judge.

Once my mom said we will be surprised who we meet in heaven, I hope god judges the heart, otherwise none of us will make it.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

To the Christians: Understand that right now this is their world. They do as they please and don't care about God, His laws, or what He thinks is sin. So while they still possess the earth don't be too surprised that the courts also do the bidding of the prince of the power of the air. Be patient.

To the unbelievers: While you may choose to do as you please and disregard God, Jesus will be coming back real soon to rule the Earth. He will be coming back to fight and to conquer the Earth and take it away from the children of disobedience. I know you don't care. It doesn't change a thing.

Good luck with that. While I continue to work for peace, Christianity can continue to work toward the world conflict that will bring back their murdered god, Jesus.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

If you were born gay in this era of understanding, you wouldn't be saying any of the things you are saying here today. But since you were apparently born straight, and introduced by another human to a belief system that teaches you a way to think, you have deemed it everyone on earth's truth.

If you were a wise person, you would take a look at the world NOT through the bible. Just like humans do for every other issue in life, we look at the different angles before coming to a logical conclusion.

The starving and aids ridden country of Africa is a perfect example of God's work? Does your God and your Jesus, just ignore them? You seem to live in a very small world. Step out of it. You've been brainwashed. I know the brainwashing was pleasant and uplifting, that's why it worked, but it's brainwashing none the less. How many times and different ways does your religion repeat a message? And does the message make you feel bad deep inside if you question it? That was part of the brainwashing. If you think for yourself this unmerciful superbeing will KNOW! Scary isn't it. The brainwashing is thorough.

And yes, we all are brainwashed on a daily basis, it is what keeps a civilized and running society, but it's good to recognize it none the less.

link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Fromabove

I am not the judge.

Once my mom said we will be surprised who we meet in heaven, I hope god judges the heart, otherwise none of us will make it.

I agree. We make bad judges because we judge what we see. God judges the heart. The heart of the unbeliever does not know nor want God or to consider sis as sin. So, God will judge them according to their heart as is written. Not all homosexuals are that way by desire. many were indoctrinated, some were demon possessed (I knew one who was), and some are from lust much the was a pedophile is, or someone who like incest or sheep.
Those who are enslaved in their fresh but despise it in their heart God knows and will judge rightly. And those who are like the one talked about in the book of Romans chapter one in the Bible He also knows. He will be a just judge.

The SC decision means very little to me. They are men acting as men deciding for men what they think is right for mankind.

link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I think that this decision could cause more conflict than good in the future. If companies have to provide insurance to a family it is already expensive enough. If they now have to supply insurance to a friend of an employee where an agreement to marry was reached to share insurance and tax benefits of being married, than the business's added expenses may cause them to quit providing family coverage all together to all employees. I see more incentive for this law promoting personal gain than in promoting fairness. Inheritance taxes exempted, social security survivor benefits applying to a bigger group, married tax credits, etc... The government will have no choice but to get rid of all these exemptions in the future, unless they drastically increase rates.

You don't think that those marriage agreements take place between a man and a woman? Why should a man and a woman who are married get all those benefits just because they are a man and woman? If you are married to someone no matter what sex, you should be entitled to the same benefits as every other married couple. So just because it is a gay couple, they shouldn't be allowed to be on their husband/wife's insurance, or get the same social security benefits or tax credits as a straight couple?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join