It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a message from Heaven concerning the Supreme Court decision today....

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by scolai

Again you thick headed hate filled people, when did disagreeing with someone = hate ? Why is it so damn hard for you people to understand that just because I disagree with your lifestyle does not equate to my hatred. YES I disagree with you on most every point, NO I do not hate you. My speech is not freaking hate speech. If my speaking out against the gay agenda = hate then your speaking against the Bible and or God = Hate as well. TIT for TAT.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Actually ... I was speaking from the bible, thus disproving that I am anti-god or anti-bible. I'm just anti-people that willfully misinterpret the texts of the bible, use two, count them, two verses out of hundreds of thousands of verses to establish a platform for their beliefs, and subscribe to strange beliefs based on snippets of letters written by Paul, which don't even line up with the teachings of Christ. Furthermore, a lot of people confuse biblical culture with biblical teachings:

-Women being subservient to their husbands. (Wives were purchased back then, much like slaves.)
-Homosexuality being an abomination (in context, referring to ritual sex to false gods, still in practice today (SEE ALSO: BOHEMIAN GROVE))

You reaching for reasons to condemn homosexuality in the bible would be like me scouring the pages of the god delusion for reasons that the bible is wrong. It's a waste of energy that could be put to better use. The whole point of Jesus is to love one another just as he loved you. Not to find biblical reasons to justify a general disdain for a group of people.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by scolai

You are seriously reaching here. Talk about misinterpreting the texts. You have it all wrong. You cannot pervert the Bible for this one and not get called on it. Homosexuality is wrong period. If you or anyone else chooses to be gay then that is your business but leave the Bible alone. Do your little sinning and be done with it but don't attempt to pervert the Bible to suit your sick agenda.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by scolai

The whole point of Jesus is to love one another just as he loved you. Not to find biblical reasons to justify a general disdain for a group of people.

I'll say it again for the slow people. There is far much more to Jesus than just LOVE. I don't know where you got the warm fuzzy bunny notion of Jesus but you are not correct. Jesus reiterated laws, enforced laws, taught to the masses, healed on the Sabath, had a temper (the money changers in the Temple). Jesus set the standard for relationships when he said "for this reason man shall leave his mother and father and cleave unto his wife" Matthew 19:5, notice he didn't say cleave unto his life partner or boyfriend.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

David and Johnathan were a same sex couple.

1 Samuel 18:1
And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.

Ruth and Naomi were also in love with each other, and their oath is still used today in wedding ceremonies.

16 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

17 Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.

This is what I say to you and your "mosiac law".

And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.
Jesus

Would you like some shrimp to go with that pork?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
A few definitions that are applicable on this thread ...

Homophobia - irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals.

Homophobia

Homophobia encompasses a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT). It can be expressed as antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, or hatred, may be based on irrational fear, and is sometimes related to religious beliefs

Signs of Latent Homosexuality

People who have been diagnosed as having latent homosexual tendencies are often tied to being plagued by homophobia, or the irrational fear of homosexual individuals, acts or of becoming homosexual themselves. Homophobia has different forms that it can manifest in that can be classified as internalized homophobia, social homophobia, and emotional homophobia.

Why Fundamentalists are Obsessed with Homosexuals

How does one condemn a man or woman for a fact of nature? Persecution of any group over shared genetic or natural traits went out of fashion with the defeat of the Nazis. ....

For the fundamentalist, the Bible speaks on everything important. It says homosexuals are worthy of death and condemns them to eternal damnation. But, if homosexuality were a natural trait, as unchangeable as skin color, the deity who damns gays would be on par with the genocidal Nazis. Mounting evidence of a natural predisposition in regards to sexual orientation must be swept aside and entire organizations of Bible-believing Christians now exist to prove that homosexuality is a choice, and only a choice.

Yet sexual orientation is so central to an individual’s being that it can’t be cut out the way a rotten tooth can be pulled, or cancer can be excised from the body. It goes far too deep to be manipulated by prayer, therapy, ostracism, or jail terms. Something this central to the human psyche is not amenable to outside manipulation. But, for the fundamentalist worldview to appear true, they must pretend that it can be excised or exorcised.

Fundamentalist Muslims and Christians are on a crusade to try to disprove proven science ... to try to make homosexuality a 'sinning choice'. Because if those fundamentalists accept the truth, that people are born that way and that it is natural and not a sin, then their entire world falls apart. They are desperate ...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Again you cannot pervert the Bible to suit your sick agenda. In those instances they Love each other with a Godly Love. Not a perverse physical Love or lust. But like I've stated before if you search for homosexuality then that is all you will find. I Love my best friend as I do myself and would do anything in the world for him. I assure you I am not gay for loving my friend.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well this has gone from ridiculous to retarded. Because I disagree with the gay agenda that means to you that I must be gay myself ? Tell me again how homosexuals do not try and recruit.

Again can we stick to the original topic or do you people just want to continue bashing me and my faith ? In an effort to stop derailing threads why don't you guys just start a thread about me and I will indulge you there all you want.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Christian Voice

Again you cannot pervert the Bible to suit your sick agenda. In those instances they Love each other with a Godly Love. Not a perverse physical Love or lust. But like I've stated before if you search for homosexuality then that is all you will find. I Love my best friend as I do myself and would do anything in the world for him. I assure you I am not gay for loving my friend.

Is your soul knit together as one with your friend's? Did you promise "til death do us part" with your friend? Do you kiss your friend? Ruth and Naomi, Johnathan and David were famous biblical same sex lovers.

edit on 6-10-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Bull, all I have to say. Try all you will to pervert things. If you seek perverse homosexuality that is all you will find.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I think you're the one who's perverted. You see perversion where there is love and it's physical expression.

Does God hate homosexuality as much he hates the pre-marital sex of two star crossed lovers who's parents disapprove of their relationship?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I'm sure he does. A sin is a sin. Thing is that the homosexual is the one sinner that insists on defending their sins.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

What is sinful about love? Why does God hate sex between two people, who are in love, but who's parents forbid that love? Aren't the parents the bigger sinners? Who are they to deny love? Who are you to deny love?

edit on 6-10-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by markosity1973

Cry me a freaking river. You were not born gay, nor was anyone else. Isn't it odd that there are 100 times as many claiming homosexuality than there were 30 years ago. Why are all of these homosexuals being born now ? That is very odd to me. Somewhere along your way towards puberty something or things happened to steer you along your way. Pick your cliché, non existant father, overbearing mother, rape, recipes for perversions.

Sigh......

Show me the statistics that prove there are more gays now than ever on a percentile basis.

I was a virgin until i met my first boyfriend at the age of 19, I grew up with brothers whom had the same mother and same father but are straight. Our parents were dairy farmers ie work from home people so Dad was always around and we all spent a lot of time working with him. Mum was the typical Christian wife who was conservative, full of faith and morals and did her darndest to instill respect and manners in us.

Sorry, there was no recipe for perversion in my upbringing i am afraid...... In fact I was so horrified when I discovered I was gay I tried to kill myself because I thought I was some kind of freak.

If you met me on the street you would have absolutely no idea that I am gay. I am what is termed straight acting i.e. I look act and dress like most other men. Case in point, I am a manager at my work and when my peers (11 men and 2 women whom are also managers) found out they were quite surprised because they genuinely had no idea.

So, NO I won't be shedding tears any time soon for you. Like it, or lump it we gay people exist. Its not our fault we are this way, the fact the bible makes mention of homosexuality in the first book indicates it has been around just about forever . The only being who has the right to judge us because only he knows the entire truth is God himself, so remember that before you make errant statements based upon opinion and not facts in the future please.
edit on 6-10-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Buddy, your argument is seriously lacking. All you're doing is digging your heels into the ground and refusing to budge from your sad little pit.

The only one perverting the "word of god" here is you. Jesus WAS all about love. He even said the most important thing to do was to love. For the love of god, god IS love. Real quote from the bible, again. You're just trying to find a sick, twisted reason to justify your words. Well guess what. You can't.

You can either live in this dismal false religion you call christianity, or you can actually follow christ. The choice is yours. One leads to living like christ. The other leads to living like a pharisee. Choose wisely for the good and bad are judged alike.

P.S. Your argument is a satire of a played out parody. Under any other circumstances, I'd write you off as a troll.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Christian Voice

Well this has gone from ridiculous to retarded

That ship sailed LONG ago when you first started posting.

Tell me again how homosexuals do not try and recruit.

Hey genius ... I'm a straight married woman. And it's IMPOSSIBLE for homosexuals to 'recruit'.
That's not how sexuality works. Get educated.
I posted facts straight from science, sociology, and psychology.
(which my degree is in ... psychology)
All this anti-homosexual obsession boils down to you people being deathly afraid that
if homosexuality is a natural thing and not 'bad', then the whole foundation of your
religion is shaken to the core. That's because you've based your religion on being
anti-everyone-else instead of basing it on what Christ really came about ...
'love God with your whole heart, mind, soul and strength ... and love your neighbor as yourself.

Homophobic christians have built their religion on sand that will wash away with the first
rain storm ... they built it on being anti-everyone-else. Instead, build your faith on rock,
that being the LOVE OF CHRIST AND NEIGHBOR. And faith in God will stand strong.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I hope you will bring back your other Avatar its represents you so well as the personification of the Mona Lisa of Ats.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Here you go AthlonSavage ... Information just for you.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Its Ats iconic face of a girl

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I read all of your replies to people and you are a misguided person. You are being very evil as well to people. Dont judge others, unless you want to be judged.

Stop telling people what to do with thier lives. How would you like it if someone told you how to live your life? Then said you would not get into heaven unless you did as they say?

Whould you like to be treated like that, honestly. I see more gay people turning their cheeks against christians, than christians against them.

You seam to want to attack people, and then rise above it all behind God. Using God as some sort of human shield or something.

You are one of the most unchrist like people I have come across so far. I hope when you stand tall before the man you can say with a happy heart, that you:

1)ridiculed people that werent like you.

2) Hurt other people by your words.

3) Twisted your faith to fit this thinking.

4) Then explain why after doing all of this, you still felt good about yourself.

They are people just like you, they arent monsters and they arent sick either.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join