It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a message from Heaven concerning the Supreme Court decision today....

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Hi mark,

I was thinking of you today. I couldn't find the thread this evening but awhile back I shared a translation of message given a French prophet, the Blessed Mother said when you come to Heaven, God is so kind, you no longer remember the sins of your life. God would do this, how loving, how thoughtful.

You were kind to share...asking but, what about the parable of poor Lazarus eating crumbs under the table and of the rich man? This was the Gospel reading at Sunday Mass today.

In hearing the parable again, Lazarus DID NOT have any awful sins to recall.

So sorry, I did not reply in the thread because I read your comment for the first time a few weeks ago.

God bless you,

colbe

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
We are not JUSTIFIED by Jesus' death on the Cross. Someone has taken 2 Cor 5:21 and misinterpreted
to fit the "imputation" heresy. All comes down to authority. God gave the Church the authority to interpret Scripture not every person reading it.

+ + +

The doctrine of Double Imputation teaches that there are two aspects to our Justification, a negative-imputation (not imputing our sins to us, but rather imputing them and their due punishment to Christ) and an positive-imputation (imputing Christ's perfect obedience to the Law to our account). They fondly call this Double Imputation "the Great exchange," where Christ takes our sin and we take His righteousness. In order to be justified, the Christian simply needs to believe that this Great exchange took place for them, and upon believing this, God now counts them as perfectly righteous and thus justified (i.e. declared legally righteous).

The answer to that objection is surprisingly simple. Christ was indeed "made sin," but being a scholar of the Torah, Paul was using a Hebraism. In this case, the Hebrew word for "sin" was also used to mean "sin offering" (see the Hebrew word: chatta'ath), and thus to be "made sin" was a Hebrew way of saying "made a sin offering". Even the Church Fathers (e.g. St Augustine) recognized this and made it clear that Paul meant "sin offering". Of course, Protestants like Piper (PROTESTANT APOLOGIST) must rush to reject this, since it naturally throws a wrench into their whole argument. And Piper does just that on page 68 of his book (in footnote #13), where he brushes off translations (e.g. the Protestant NIV) which say this does mean "sin offering," and the NASB cross-references to Romans 8:3 which uses "sin offering" in a similar text as 2 Corinthians 5:21. But who is being more unreasonable here? Piper, who suggests the word "made" means "impute" or those who have a good reason to say it means sin offering?...

catholicnick.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

colbe
We are not JUSTIFIED by Jesus' death on the Cross. Someone has taken 2 Cor 5:21 and misinterpreted
to fit the "imputation" heresy. All comes down to authority. God gave the Church the authority to interpret Scripture not every person reading it.

+ + +

The doctrine of Double Imputation teaches that there are two aspects to our Justification, a negative-imputation (not imputing our sins to us, but rather imputing them and their due punishment to Christ) and an positive-imputation (imputing Christ's perfect obedience to the Law to our account). They fondly call this Double Imputation "the Great exchange," where Christ takes our sin and we take His righteousness. In order to be justified, the Christian simply needs to believe that this Great exchange took place for them, and upon believing this, God now counts them as perfectly righteous and thus justified (i.e. declared legally righteous).

The answer to that objection is surprisingly simple. Christ was indeed "made sin," but being a scholar of the Torah, Paul was using a Hebraism. In this case, the Hebrew word for "sin" was also used to mean "sin offering" (see the Hebrew word: chatta'ath), and thus to be "made sin" was a Hebrew way of saying "made a sin offering". Even the Church Fathers (e.g. St Augustine) recognized this and made it clear that Paul meant "sin offering". Of course, Protestants like Piper (PROTESTANT APOLOGIST) must rush to reject this, since it naturally throws a wrench into their whole argument. And Piper does just that on page 68 of his book (in footnote #13), where he brushes off translations (e.g. the Protestant NIV) which say this does mean "sin offering," and the NASB cross-references to Romans 8:3 which uses "sin offering" in a similar text as 2 Corinthians 5:21. But who is being more unreasonable here? Piper, who suggests the word "made" means "impute" or those who have a good reason to say it means sin offering?...

catholicnick.blogspot.com...

Excuse me, my reply, the above goes in one of DISRAELI'S threads.

See ~ 1 Corinthians; The calling and the cross

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

No you were not born gay. That is a dang excuse so that you dont think you are doing anything wrong. Take responsibility for yourself for once in your life. Constantly coming up with excuses to defend your sins. SMDH

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Christian Voice

No you were not born gay. That is a dang excuse so that you dont think you are doing anything wrong. Take responsibility for yourself for once in your life. Constantly coming up with excuses to defend your sins. SMDH

When did you decide to be a hetero? How old were you when you made that active choice?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I didnt decide to be heterosexual. We are born that way, homosexuality is not natural and is an abomination that one makes a conscious decision to do. As a species we have to procreate to survive. Homosexuals cannot procreate and are not born that way.
Hit me with another one....

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Sigh, You're a little late in the argument for that kind of ignorance and bigotry. Yawn.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by Cuervo

I didnt decide to be heterosexual. We are born that way, homosexuality is not natural and is an abomination that one makes a conscious decision to do. As a species we have to procreate to survive. Homosexuals cannot procreate and are not born that way.
Hit me with another one....

Well... you are saying that people choose to be a homosexual. That means it is a choice according to you. If you are correct, then you chose not to be one at some point in your life. If not, then neither did anybody else.

Believe me, I have gay friends who didn't come out until later in life because of social pressures. Nobody "chooses" that kind of life. Who would choose to be ostracized from their families and to be constantly wondering if you will some hillbilly's next "example" to be made. NOBODY. That's who.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Christian Voice
No you were not born gay.

Educate yourself. Excellent article. I suggest you read it.
Scientific American - Are People Born Gay

That is a dang excuse so that you dont think you are doing anything wrong.

Newsflash ... people who are homosexual ARE NOT doing anything wrong.

Humans are animals. At least 1500 animal species are known to have homosexuals in their ranks. So, according to you, all these animals are making a conscious decision to be homosexual. That's a pretty amazing thing, considering that almost every one of them isn't 'self aware' let alone capable of making choices like that - according to science
List of Animals Displaying Homosexual Behavior

Medical News - 1500 Animal Species Practice Homosexuality [/url]

Homosexuality is a natural event in the animal kingdom.
And yes .. humans are animals.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Christian Voice

You can believe what you want to believe, but rest assured the truth lives in those of us who are actually gay, not ignorant do-gooders that want to `preserve the fabric of society`

If I really had made a choice to be gay, I sure would have un made it years ago rather than live a life scorned by people with no clue.

edit on 5-10-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Cry me a freaking river. You were not born gay, nor was anyone else. Isn't it odd that there are 100 times as many claiming homosexuality than there were 30 years ago. Why are all of these homosexuals being born now ? That is very odd to me. Somewhere along your way towards puberty something or things happened to steer you along your way. Pick your cliché, non existant father, overbearing mother, rape, recipes for perversions.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Christian Voice
Cry me a freaking river.

Lovely Christian attitude.

You were not born gay, nor was anyone else.

Dead wrong. Science says otherwise. Like I said, educate yourself.
I suggest you read the links provided. It would be beneficial for you.

Isn't it odd that there are 100 times as many claiming homosexuality than there were 30 years ago.

It's because of anti-homosexual ignorance that people didn't 'come out' years ago. There is nothing odd about it. Thankfully, people are better educated these days and they don't cling to bigoted and antiquated religious notions when it comes to homosexuality, which is natural. Well ... I guess there are some who still try to push their religiously bigoted beliefs on others ... as evidenced on this thread. But thankfully there are less of those people engaging in that kind of behavior nowadays.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I love how when the topic of homosexuality comes up, christians might as well be saying, "Jesus who?"

Maybe if you followed the teachings of christ, you'd spend more time healing the sick and helping the needy than you do cursing your fellow man for something so petty.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Look, you put your faith in "science" which provides no proof of anything about homosexuality and I put my faith in God who says that homosexuality is very very wrong. No please go on back and Google more obviously biased research into gays, and then get on your pro gay sites that pervert the Bible for you and come back with a few more for me.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by scolai

It's not petty and you obviously know nothing of Jesus and his teachings. YES Jesus was anti gay. Yes the Bible is anti gay. No you know nothing of such things. Jesus spoke out on many many things. He was not this warm fuzzy bunny that just healed people. However Jesus said he had not come to nullify the law (mosaic law) but to fulfill the law. Jesus didn't touch on several topics because they were understood as wrong under the law. Jesus never spoke on such petty things as pedophilia or zoophilia or gang rape either.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Christian Voice
Look, you put your faith in "science" which provides no proof of anything about homosexuality ..

WRONG. Science has proven a whole lot about homosexuality.
Just learn to deal with the truth. The truth shall set you free.

I subscribe to what Albert Einstein said -
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

If science proves religious rhetoric wrong, then the religious rhetoric has to be tossed out.
At the same time, science has to keep an open mind that there is more going on that we
can see or hear with our senses.

What I find intriguing is that the fundamentalist christian extremists are so hung up on homosexuality. hmmmm wonder why that is .

edit on 10/6/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Christian Voice
YES Jesus was anti gay.

No he wasn't. Prove it. Good luck with that. You can't.

Yes the Bible is anti gay.

So what if the Old Testament is anti-gay. It didn't come from God.

Adam and Eve - proven to be a creation myth 'borrowed' from the Summerians. The names were changed by the Jews when they adopted it as their own creation myth.

Abraham - Did Abraham Even Exist? Answer - maybe or maybe not. But the folklore around him is unreliable. He supposedly lived in 2000 bc but the stories weren't written down until 500 bc. That's 1500 years of embellishments and adding on and subtracting from the story of Abraham. Totally unreliable.

The Ten Commandments. 10 Commandments - doctrine of men Proven not to have been given to Moses by God on a mountain top.

The Psalms. Not all written by David like the bible claims. Many were taken from Egyptian temples that predate David. They were pagan hymns to the Sun God of Egypt.

Noahs Ark - Didn't happen. Folklore from the Summerians that the Jews 'borrowed' and changed the names of. Proven impossible by science. The planet couldn't repopulate in the amount of time given by the bible, and it couldn't repopulate with only 3 pairs of reproducing adults (who were related to each other). The DNA says it's impossible.

Onanism - So God kills Onan for 'pulling out early' and not impregnating his sister-in-law (now wife) ... it was so bad of a thing that God killed him for it ... but then God ignores the mass murders and slavery of the day. Really? Okay. Sure. (sarcasm). Obviously this story is cultural bias that is being passed off as 'the will of God' crap. Ditto anti-homosexual references.

ETC ETC

The Old Testament is notoriously unreliable. Large sections is easily bebunked.
It's obviously not from God.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

So you just admittedly said something is wrong because Jesus DIDN'T talk about it. What you just said is, "Jesus was anti-gay because Jesus was anti-gay". That carries about much weight as, "Because I said so."

So here are some things that Jesus said that ACTUALLY said:

-As I loved you, so you must love one another.
-If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions to the poor and you will have treasure in heaven.
-All the commandments ... are summed up in one single command: you must love your neighbor as yourself.
-Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
-If you only love those who love you, and do good to those who do good to you, what credit is it to you? Don't sinners do the same thing?

Yes, I'm using your bible to disprove your claims, as you have nothing to back them up.

Now tell me the guy that hung out with whores, thieves, and other various sinners, while healing lepers (who were cast out from society for being "unclean") and those possessed by demons (who were cast out from society for obvious reasons), just couldn't stand the worst evil of all: the gays.

Keep telling lies and I will keep disproving them; for you are no more a follower of Christ than I am a star in the heavens.

Consider yourself rebuked.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

scolai
What you just said is, "Jesus was anti-gay because Jesus was anti-gay".

That's circular logic. (or should I say .. circular illogic)
Like - The bible is right because the bible says is.
Like - The Quran is right because the Quran says it is.
It doesn't work that way.

The Fallacy of Circular Reasoning

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That's not even circular logic. That's not even worthy of being referred to as a logical fallacy. That's just an implied personal belief wrapped up in thinly-veiled ignorance and hatred.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join