It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a message from Heaven concerning the Supreme Court decision today....

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You are quoting the Protestant ten commandments.
(the ones rearranged by Martin Luther)
Colbe claims to be Catholic, so I quoted the Catholic ones to him/her.

The PURPOSE of posting them was to show ... THOU SHALT NOT LIE.
Both the protestant and catholic 10 commandments have that.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Why are you signing off as

colbe
King Messiah

Delusions of grandeur colbe? you should see a doctor about that.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You are quoting the Protestant ten commandments.
(the ones rearranged by Martin Luther)
Colbe claims to be Catholic, so I quoted the Catholic ones to him/her.

The PURPOSE of posting them was to show ... THOU SHALT NOT LIE.
Both the protestant and catholic 10 commandments have that.

Hm, that's interesting, because my Orthodox Jewish Bible has the exact same order.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Dude .. whatever ...

The point was that I used the Catholic 10 commandments because Colbe claims to be Catholic.
Both the protestant 10 commandments and the catholic 10 commandments say 'do not lie'.
And Colbe got caught in lies.
if YOU want to use the protestant 10 commandments ... go ahead.
for the sake of a discussion with Colbe, the Catholic ones should be used.

Geeeze ....

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Here are the differences in the 10 commandments (I have underlined the differences in the Protestant ones)

1. I, the Lord, am your God. You shall not have other gods besides me.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord God in vain
3. Remember to keep holy the Lord's Day
4. Honor your father and your mother
5. You shall not kill
6. You shall not commit adultery
7. You shall not steal
8. You shall not bear false witness
9. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife
10. You shall not covet your neighbor's goods

In the Protestant Churches, they are as follows, with the differences highlighted:

1. You shall have no other gods but me.
2. You shall not make unto you any graven images
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain
4. You shall remember the Sabbath and keep it holy
5. Honor your mother and father
6. You shall not murder
7. You shall not commit adultery
8. You shall not steal
9. You shall not bear false witness
10. You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor

It's basically a semantics thing - both lists are abbreviated down from the book of Exodus. Both are correct with a slightly different twist on the same thing. The catholic church's version has been around for 2000 odd years, so I guess they figure why change it now because at the end of the day they both say the same sort of thing in a roundabout way.

The differences are that the protestant churches forbid any graven images, the word “kill” is replaced by the word “murder”, and they lump all covetous things together, while the Catholic Church specifically adds the prohibition of coveting your neighbor’s wife. Why the differences? The 10 Commandments come to us from Exodus 20:2-17, which reads as follows:

Source

edit on 17-7-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Lonewolf is just trying to interject the catholic v protestant thing with the 10 commandments. It's out of place. ATS Thread - 10 Commandments Doctrine of Men If anyone wants to discuss issues with the 10 commandments, he can go to that thread.

The POINT is ... 'thou shalt not lie'.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
A MESSAGE FROM THE POPE ON THIS SUBJECT -

CNN - Pope Francis on Gays "Who Am I To Judge?"

ABOARD THE PAPAL AIRPLANE (CNN) –Pope Francis said Monday that he will not "judge" gays and lesbians - including gay priests - signaling a shift from his predecessor and offering another sign that the new pope is committed to changing the church's approach to historically marginalized groups.

“If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?” Francis said in a wide-ranging news conference aboard the papal plane.

Though answering a question about the so-called "gay lobby" at the Vatican, the pope's remarks seemed to signal a change in tone, if not in teaching, in the church's stance towards gays and lesbians more generally.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So colbe where are you? I hope you now come back and say sorry to all for judging people, like the pope has just said..thats Gods job not yours.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Wow, this Pope is the most Christ like we have seen in a very very long time. And I am not just saying that because of his latest declaration.

I knew I liked him before that and what he has just said it's true Christianity at it's finest. He's not saying he supports or condones the gay lifestyle, just that he is not God and it's not up to him to judge. And that's all we ask for, let us work it out with God one on one and live our lives the way our conscience leads us.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

I agree. This pope ... so far ... is walking the walk. He's been wonderful. He gives me a bit of hope for the future. And considering how jaded I am, that's saying a lot.

Side note .... Hey colbe ... ready with that apology yet?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Don't hold your breath.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I thought this was important to post.
I hope people read it and do some introspection before they seriously cause harm.
(if they haven't already)

Bullying Statistics

According to recent gay bullying statistics, gay and lesbian teens are two to three times as more likely to commit teen suicide than other youths. About 30 percent of all completed suicides have been related to sexual identity crisis. Students who also fall into the gay, bisexual, lesbian or transgendered identity groups report being five times as more likely to miss school because they feel unsafe after being bullied due to their sexual orientation. About 28 percent out of those groups feel forced to drop out of school altogether. Although more and more schools are working to crack down on problems with bullying, teens are still continuing to bully each other due to sexual orientation and other factors.

In a 2005 survey about gay bullying statistics, teens reported that the number two reason they are bullied is because of their actual or perceived sexual orientation or gender expression. The number one reason reported was because of appearance. Teens are at a pivotal point in their young adult lives when they are trying to find out who they are and who they are about to become as adults. This is why being teased, bullied and harassed is something that could negatively affect a person's self-esteem and view of themselves for the rest of their life.

AND IMPORTANTLY -

There are several ways that bullying can take place including verbal, physical, cyberbullying and indirect bullying.

VERBAL BULLYING. CYBERBULLYING. That's what this thread (and others) are full of.
Posting FAKE messages from heaven. So that's telling lies.
Screaming that homosexuals are hell bound when no one is supposed to judge souls.
Using slurs in regards to homosexuals ... sneering 'sodomites' and 'deviants' .....

I'm wondering how many homosexual people are pushed to suicide because of garbage like
we've seen here. The fruit of a fake apparition ... lies, name calling, and maybe even death.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
And then there is this from Pope Francis .... and I specifically am posting this for those who run around saying homosexual people will go to hell ... and those who sneer 'sodomites' and other derogatory terms etc ..

Catholic News

People who judge and criticize others are hypocrites and cowards who are unable to face their own defects, Pope Francis said.

Gossip, too, is "criminal" as it destroys, rather than exalts the image of God present in others, he said in his early morning homily Sept. 13 at his residence of Domus Sanctae Marthae.

"Those who live judging their neighbors, speaking badly of them, are hypocrites because they don't have the strength, the courage to look at their own defects," he said.

"Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own," he said, referring to the day's Gospel reading according to St. Luke

Posting fake apparition messages that have been condemned by the church ... and refusing to acknowledge that it's false ... that's a pretty big defect.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

FlyersFan

There are several ways that bullying can take place including verbal, physical, cyberbullying and indirect bullying.

VERBAL BULLYING. CYBERBULLYING. That's what this thread (and others) are full of.
Posting FAKE messages from heaven. So that's telling lies.
Screaming that homosexuals are hell bound when no one is supposed to judge souls.
Using slurs in regards to homosexuals ... sneering 'sodomites' and 'deviants' .....

I'm wondering how many homosexual people are pushed to suicide because of garbage like
we've seen here. The fruit of a fake apparition ... lies, name calling, and maybe even death.

I do see that this thread has become another battle of beliefs, judgmental statements against each other, and slander your brothers and sisters whom you call "homosexuals." Obviously, this is a religious thread, yet all I see is an emotional war among yourselves. Where is your spirituality? Where is your compassion? Where is your love? Do you not know that God doesn't judge? Do you not know that God gives you free will that you can choose a same sex relationship if you so desire? As I discussed elsewhere many times, there is NO such thing as sin. Your individual experience in life is your own doing, your own mistakes. Recognize these mistakes, learn from them, and then continue to learn other things. Don't get stuck in one place spiritually, grow yourselves to the next level of God, which I call self-transcendence.

What is God's greatest pleasure? It is to search your own mind and heart to see and feel the attributes of God. God is not some angry Superhuman somewhere in the sky, condemning and judging everybody to hell. That is only a figment of your own beliefs from your own EGO. Learn to overcome yourself, for the worst enemy is not Satan nor sin, it is you (the Lower Self, the Ego). Look for the beam in your eye first before worrying about the beam in your brother's eye.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

Good post brother...

Just wanted to point out, that quote says... Don't worry about the sliver in your brothers eye, when you got a beam in your own (paraphrased)... but you are correct...

Though im not sure about there being no such thing as sin...

Personally I believe harming another is a sin, be a verbally or physically...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by ctophil

Good post brother...

Just wanted to point out, that quote says... Don't worry about the sliver in your brothers eye, when you got a beam in your own (paraphrased)... but you are correct...

Though im not sure about there being no such thing as sin...

Personally I believe harming another is a sin, be a verbally or physically...

I would like to refer to one of my posts concerning sin: Post about Karma. In the west, we call it sin. But in the east, they call it karma. It's the same thing. Yes indeed that abusing someone does create karma for yourself. And the universe will reflect back what you do. The universe is like a mirror. But it is not God punishing you. You are punishing yourself for the act of imbalance. It is a way for you to learn from this school of life. What people don't understand is that by harming someone, you harm yourself. Because God is ONE and ALL people are ONE with God.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

Actually you are right... I have a few threads on Karma...

I've even considered the possibility that Harming another is actually the "forbidden sin" Jesus spoke of...

Blasphemy... More then you think it is...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Homosexuality is now taught as a normal lifestyle in grade school programs! In certain states Gay Marriage is the law, something that isn't even possible.

How could it be, while at the very same time...
In a report (July, 2013) from the CDC, the HIV rate is climbing among gay men.

"Gay and bisexual men remain at the epicenter of the HIV/AIDS epidemic," says Jonathan Mermin, the director of the CDC's division of HIV/AIDS prevention.

Part of the reason for all this is the lame criticism of do not judge. Jesus states there is just judgment (John 7:24). And the secular belief today, toleration is a virtue.

Scripture instructs, tell someone of their grave sin and you may save their soul and Mary's quote from Fatima, more souls fall into Hell because of SEXUAL sins than any other. Both remind you not to be silent.

The soul saving beauty of the Sacrament of Confession and for our Protestant brothers and sisters, personal confession. Pray for conversions.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

There are so many more too.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Tylerdurden1
en.wikipedia.org...

There are so many more too.

Teehee

This is what Jesus himself had to say about false prophets;

Matthew 7:21-23
New International Version (NIV)
True and False Disciples

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Source

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join