It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left Viciously Attacks Texas Gov. Rick Perry After He Calls Second Special Session

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

AUSTIN, Texas (TheBlaze/AP) — Gov. Rick Perry is calling for the Texas Legislature to meet in a second special session to pass restrictions on abortion. And abortion supporters on the left are not happy.
Perry can call as many 30-day extra sessions as he likes, but lawmakers can only take up those issues he assigns.

Perry’s move infuriated the left and they let everyone know it on Twitter Wednesday. It got ugly

Link

I am not surprised that Perry did this.

I do think that this is needed since the vote was blocked, not by the proceedings of Congress, but on the riotous behavior of the peanut gallery.

Those who are now in a tizzy should have known better. Because of their actions, they made the 12+ hour stand by Sen. Wendy Davis all for naught.

I think that we can all agree that the bill should stand or fall on its own merit, not the law of mob rule.
edit on 26-6-2013 by Shimri because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Aww poor little Ricky didn't get what he wanted. Some people just can't take loosing you would think after his joke of a run trying to get the nod for President he would be used to it.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Aww poor little Ricky didn't get what he wanted. Some people just can't take loosing you would think after his joke of a run trying to get the nod for President he would be used to it.

So you do not agree that the bill should stand or fall on its own merit, not the law of mob rule?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Mob rule? Get with the picture. Abortions are a necessary evil versus overpopulating the planet with morons. It's hilarious to me that people actually consider it a facile argument that if abortion was banned, they wouldn't feel forced to going to a back alley doctor to get the same treatment in a much riskier environment.

Having a child is a massive life-altering responsibility that should only happen when two consenting adults are fully prepared.

Guess how many millions of sperm die every day? We men have been committing genocide since the day our voices dropped.

Rick Perry getting his way = More people like Rick Perry being born into this world.
What does Rick Perry symbolize? He symbolizes a patsy who only ran to remind everyone of George Bush Jr.

*This is not about abortion, it's about the process*

^ Fine --- Let's talk about the fact that Left & Right are completely in bed with banksters and corporations, completely selling out the country for the passed 100 years.

Rick Perry being the one to bring this up is especially hypocritical if one chooses to remember how the Republican Nominations actually went down. The biggest scam ever.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Texas is slowly turning purple and things like this just help speed things up. Republicans should keep it up, they are slowly digging their own grave.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Having a child is a massive life-altering responsibility that should only happen when two consenting adults are fully prepared.

Well said

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Shimri

It isn't standing for falling on it's own merits. That is exactly why it was put on the agenda for a special session to begin with. Why do you think this is going on right now at the start of summer? Because people are less likely to be paying attention. This was not put on the agenda of the normal session because they knew people were watching. Don't you think If this were that important of an issue they could have fit in there when they managed to legalize Christmas?

The only part of this move that wasn't calculated is that there were people paying attention. It doesn't make anything that happened in the last session for naught. They will just simply have to get up and do it again and perhaps again. All it takes is saying "No you won't one more time than they can say yes we will."

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Awwww, the progressives didn't get their way, so name calling and hatred are the standard.

M'okay.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

" Having a child is a massive life-altering responsibility that should only happen when two consenting adults are fully prepared."

That is so true, . . to some effect.

I don't believe that Abortion should be Used as a tool to circumvent an "Accidental" pregnancy.

Committing Spermacide is one thing, making it O.K. to commit Aborticide to negate responsibility is something entirely different.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Guys, I'm not trying to troll anybody here or anything, just wanna ask a genuine question...

Correct me if I'm wrong (please).. but this bill meant women can't get an abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy and requires a surgical center?

Assuming that's what it was, can someone explain to me why this is a bad thing? Not trying to incite anger, honest question.
edit on 26-6-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by introV
Guys, I'm not trying to troll anybody here or anything, just wanna as a genuine question...

Correct me if I'm wrong (please).. but this bill meant women can't get an abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy and requires a surgical center?

Assuming that's what it was, can someone explain to me why this is a bad thing? Not trying to incite anger, honest question
edit on 26-6-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

Because this bill is about restricting women from having a choice. This bill would have closed 80% of abortion clinics in the state and leaving women with no choice.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Awwww, the progressives didn't get their way, so name calling and hatred are the standard.

M'okay.

When did Perry become a progressive?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

They still would have the option to abort. Why does it take 20 weeks to decide? Also, that would leave 20% of these (safe) clinics open UNTIL more are opened. Or did the bill outlaw anymore Surgical Centers from opening? Maybe Republican's and Dem's can negotiate this bill with terms of more Surgical Center's being built. Not trying to troll, serious questions. The lower part of this will be my view thus far.

Speaking to Conservatives/Republicans here.. maybe we should put emphasis on not having sex until partner's consent that if pregnancy occurs we will keep it

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

reply to post by muse7

They still would have the option to abort. Why does it take 20 weeks to decide? Also, that would leave 20% of these (safe) clinics open UNTIL more are opened. Or did the bill outlaw anymore Surgical Centers from opening? Maybe Republican's and Dem's can negotiate this bill with terms of more Surgical Center's being built. Not trying to troll, serious questions. The lower part of this will be my view thus far.

I guess us, as Republican/Conservatives, should stop having sex until partner's consent that if pregnancy occurs we will keep it

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

We need morals

We wont get them until the msm - Television etc, clean up the garbage they broadcast.
I bet we wouldn't be able to find one single day in a whole year of broadcasting that didn't include SEX!
From breakfast right through to bedtime SEX is thrust in the face of the viewer.
I'm not a prude, but I don't think anyone can deny the influence it MUST have on teenage persons..

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Mob rule? Get with the picture.

Perhaps you should watch the videos. They were trying to vote for 10-15 minutes but could not even get a roll call done because the peanut gallery was making such a ruckus.

Abortions are a necessary evil versus overpopulating the planet with morons.

So you are a fan of Eugenics?

It's hilarious to me that people actually consider it a facile argument that if abortion was banned, they wouldn't feel forced to going to a back alley doctor to get the same treatment in a much riskier environment.

And then?

Then perhaps people should think about that before having unprotected sex like their personal parts are going to fall off soon.

Guess how many millions of sperm die every day?

sperm != fetus

We men have been committing genocide since the day our voices dropped.

So that makes it a-okay?

^ Fine --- Let's talk about the fact that Left & Right are completely in bed with banksters and corporations, completely selling out the country for the passed 100 years.

Has nothing to do with what went on.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by introV

Simple reasoning here and my saying it outright is sure to piss off both sides, but I really don't care. The far side of both views needs some truth.

The Pro-Abortion/Rights crowd won't allow ANYTHING in ANY form to pass without all the fight they can give it because they think it's not open enough and ANY move to restrict in any way is a move too far for their Agenda.

The Anti-Abortion/Life crowd won't allow ANYTHING in ANY form to pass without all the fight they can give it because they think it's TOO open and ANY move to open it further in any way is a move too far for their Agenda.

The % that see the logic from both sides can take their pick. Be shot or blown up by the extremists of one side ...or picketed out of business, ruined in public reputation and be labeled a hateful bigot by the other. It's probably the most explosive issue in American politics because both sides feel they are right and both extremes feel they have authority above themselves, pushing for their side.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by Shimri

It isn't standing for falling on it's own merits. That is exactly why it was put on the agenda for a special session to begin with.

It was called up lawfully, thus it is on it's own merits

Why do you think this is going on right now at the start of summer? Because people are less likely to be paying attention. This was not put on the agenda of the normal session because they knew people were watching. Don't you think If this were that important of an issue they could have fit in there when they managed to legalize Christmas?

The session was not just about this bill. It also included transportation funding and juvenile sentencing. I guess those are as unimportant as an unborn child's life.

The only part of this move that wasn't calculated is that there were people paying attention. It doesn't make anything that happened in the last session for naught. They will just simply have to get up and do it again and perhaps again. All it takes is saying "No you won't one more time than they can say yes we will."

Or perhaps your entire conjecturing thesis is wrong

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

You can try to pass all the laws you want regarding a woman's reproductive system, and abortions will still happen. But instead of happening in a clinic they will happen in restrooms with coat hangers.

Ahh yes. The old fallback . . . the coat hanger argument.

Maybe we should make bank robbery safer by legalizing it, so that the poor bank robber won't get shot by the guard and maybe bleed to death slowly and painfully in a back alley, too.

Yes?

Oh, and your coat hanger back-alley argument is a lie. Google the following:

CONFESSION OF AN EX-ABORTIONIST
By Dr. Bernard Nathanson

It would help immensely in denying ignorance.

How about you stop trying to impose your morality on other people?

First, how about you stop trying to impose your immorality on other people.

Second, I assume you are fine with murder, theft, rape, etc. Since you do not like other people "imposing their morality."

Anarchy for all!

If you take away choice from women what good does that do? It simply creates more unwanted kids unplanned pregnancies and more horror stories from clandestine abortion clinics.

Horrible appeal to emotion.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Shimri

Why does an anti-abortion bill need a special session in the first place? Why isn't on the docket? AND, Why does it merit a second special session!!!!!!!

Put it on the docket, instead of trying to sneak a bill that NOBODY wants at the tail end, with some special, special session!

This bill IS NOT about woman's health, that's blatantly obvious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join