It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

- Art work - My (Psychedelic?) Sketches

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hey ATS, its been a while,

Inspired by another art thread - so I'm going to share and play that little spark forward. Feel free to ask any questions about the meaning or themes ...

EDIT: sorry about sizes - right click...

edit on 26-6-2013 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Wow bags of talent you have there

A couple reminds me of dreams I have had.
You giving any away ?
I love the second one down, also the lady one

The second one why a crescent moon over the odd fellows head? I noticed a crescent moon on the ladies staff also.
edit on 26-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Hey Bro saw you on my thread and just noticed your name in the favorite forums panel, thought I'd come by and look. I really like what you did here, I like your use of lines they arent forced into one thing or another they just flow to make a great composition. Its a very special talent to illustrate from your mind the way you do, what kind of subject material do you base your work off of? What inspires you? I really do like all of them keep it up man!!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I gotta say I liked 'em all.

Especially the bewbage ones but that's because I am a guy.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
The second one why a crescent moon over the odd fellows head? I noticed a crescent moon on the ladies staff also.
edit on 26-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

The crescent moon represents the female energy in a human (regardless of gender)

edit: look up hermeticism, or google search "ida, pingala, shushumna" for a clear explanation

edit 2: none to give away at the moment, but I do give away pretty much all my work some time or another so maybe one day.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Hey man, thanks for the love. I do a lot of 'internal' study, just sitting with my emotions or the pictures that are more often than not floating in my mind. I throw them down as quickly as I can, I don't have to many 'committed' art works, they just sort of happen, on the bus, while working, in the wee hours in my cubby of an art space (similar to what you described in your thread, a walk in closet occupied in the wee hours until sunrise)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a lot of my inspiration comes from....

files.abovetopsecret.com...

make sense of it lol. It's a lot like what you see in deep meditation, less the anchor of self keeping you overtly grounded.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Those are some very interesting pieces of art you drew there my friend.
I recently visited a very unique decorated home and drawing similar to this were all over the house.
I find it truly fasinating what can be expressed with just a pen.
Keep up the great work.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Ive had some of the best and darkest nights in that cubby, now that I think about it my cubby is kind of reminiscent of a set piece for a hellraiser movie
although some good things come out of there, I really do like the freedom of your style and subject material its very unique and very interesting do you ever work with color? I bet you would uber love using conte crayon and forms of washing with charcoal as well I notice you are quite skilled with a 2B to lighter H series pencils you sure as hell know your way around shades of grey my friend

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The first one is great. You drew my exwife perfectly. I didn't think it was possible. You managed to capture her whole personality.

Nicely done.

P

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Have you heard of Alex Grey? One of the worlds most prominent "psychedelic" artist. Check him out. Also, based on your question mark after psychedelic I assume you have never partaken. Just want to say that if you in fact have not, there is a very real thread that runs through your artwork and the experience of psychedelics. Not trying to convince you to try them if you have not. Just find it wonderful that there are people who are naturally in this mindset. Kudos to you either way!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Hey man it's great you have a space to call your own for your art/emotional bugs to be worked out. It took me some time to convince my lady to take over the dinette haha.

I do work with color occasionally, the problem is, I don't like to commit to any pieces in the long term, I lose control by being in control if you know what I mean, my art just has to come out, I can't think too much, when I work with color I find myself pondering over the rules or navigating other work to figure out what goes.

I don't actually draw in pencil, so no 2b or h2, don't know the difference because I never really got trained outside of one year in highschool. I draw with industrial design pencils, they are called verithin pencils, very hard lead, completely black, cannot be erased, just got used to it is all.

Your color work I saw in the other thread is awesome though, they look very free and emotional, not just in subject, but in the flow of the work, the technique reflects your feelings if I could be so bold to assume that.
You can see some of my other color works and paintings at todde.carbonmade.com...

here is one of my favs.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeTimez

I know alex gray well
amazing man and amazing work... well hes a bit strange lol, but what great artist isn't?!

I've been interested in super normal/ psychadelic experiences for as long as I can remember. But it took years to build the courage to indulge, took the mediation path to gain some insight, but I've since done much substance exploration, which I'm sure I can't talk about here. But if you've been up that stream, you surely know what it's about.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I hear yoga can have that effect as well. But Ill leave it at that. Your work is wonderful! Contemplating this kind of artwork makes me feel like we have some connection in the realization that the world does not end in at the physical limits. Regardless to how anyone comes to this conclusion, once you do you are kindred forever. Keep it up brother and be sure to post more.

Also, how do you feel about explaining your art? The meaning. I work in different mediums then paint or pencil but I am a hypocrite in that I never like to explain my work. Yet sometimes I crave other artist explanation. What are your thoughts on that?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I am especially intriqued by your age series and your color work is very nicely done, your age series gives me a feel like old studies Michaelangelo would have done, its very raw and just out there I like your style! I wonder what would come about if other artists wanted to get involved almost like the research forum if some mod gave a topic and a time frame and then everyone posts images of what they came up with just to see the stark similarities and differences of different minds working on the same subject it would be like a digital art show on ATS hahaha

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeTimez

Kindred, I like that, really once you and me figure it all out, there will be no more you and no more me haha.

This notion of more than the physical is interesting, because I find that even the space you are referring to must be essentially physical, but is hidden by our shared observation, it's a relative space I guess. Thank goodness we have a means to visit those spaces, whether it be a meditation routine, mantra, or substance, once we experience it once, we have the mental vocabulary to start seeing the space between each other in daily life, and apply that (relative) truth accordingly.

I dont mind explaining my work, I usually prefer not to, but thats more for the sake of the viewer, they should see what they want, as soon as I even title a piece, frame it in any way, I've made the viewer's mind a slave to that title or context. -In reality much of my work is utter nonsense anyways haha, it just happens. Sometimes its a reflection of a question or I'm attempting to hammer out a way to describe what it feels like (rather than what it 'looks' like .

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Let's just do it, I'd get involved, open art on a random subject, once a week maybe?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Yeah something like that a week a month whatever Id do it too it would keep me engaged thats for sure

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I love the second one down. It's almost like it speaks to me.

My daughter gives a lot of her stuff away too... she usually waits until the time is right (for her). Art is a wondrous thing for those who can do it and for those who enjoy losing themselves looking at it. I am fortunate enough to be able to do both as is my daughter. Enjoy your gift and enjoy knowing others love looking at it.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Very nice!!!!!! These should have been on a few Tool albums

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join