Dog gives a pup a decent burial.

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Just found this vid showing a Dog burying a dead pup

Poor little guy, glad his pal was around to help.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

If humans could be like dogs the world would be a better place.

Good Dog.

Hope he got an extra munchy when he got home.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Oh this is very sad.

It's strange that sometimes animals act in more humane ways than we do. That was a very sweet thing but also the right thing and the dog just seemed to know that.

Animals, especially dogs are wonderful!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
That is so sad.

We should watch animals more. Some of them display far more compassion than we do most of the time.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

wow, that's an amazing clip. Dogs and animals in general, always amaze me. It's videos like this that show animals do have compassion and feelings for their own.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Wether you choose to believe that dogs have a sense of fairness and mourning, or wether you believe that this behavior is entrenched, perhaps developed over generations to avoid bacterial infection running through a pack from the decaying matter of a fallen packmate, this video is strangely beautiful.

Personally, I think that its probably a little of both.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hi fellow Brit

Originally posted by TrueBrit
wether you believe that this behavior is entrenched, perhaps developed over generations to avoid bacterial infection running through a pack

Having had a dog for 17 years, and taken immense interest in other peoples dogs since my own went on that big sleep, I can honestly say, I have never seen any dog show any sign whatsoever of worrying about bacterial infection. Have you ever watched what they'll eat

My own dog liked nothing better than to roll in poop! And while out walking, my friends dog found a pit where a farmer had dumped dozens of rotting sheep, and he took great pleasure in rolling around on top of them, he was covered in green stinking slime and was very pleased with himself.
Nope, they definitely don't give a hoot about bacteria

However, like you, I suspect there is a reason for burying the dead, I'm more inclined to think they do it because the smell could attract other packs or predators.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Amazing. This dog comprehended death. His tail down, he knew it was a somber occasion. Animals are not dumb.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Hmm. Yes, now I come to think about it, you are probably right. It probably does have more to do with a wish to avoid predators scenting death. I imagine in the wilds of africa, hyaenas would probably be attracted to the corpse reek of a rotting carcass, so burial of a packmate would be logical for any dog from a line which can be traced there.

Although I have never heard of a domestic dog in a climate with which I would be familiar, doing any such thing. Normally all dogs here do is bury your slippers. Happened to a pal of mine once. I was actually sleeping on his couch when he found out. I was so proud of his dog that day, but not as proud as the day when, still a puppy you could fit in your hand, that lil dog and his brother, took a dump in my pals shoes. Oh how we ( and by we, I mean I), laughed!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Happened to a pal of mine once. I was actually sleeping on his couch when he found out. I was so proud of his dog that day, but not as proud as the day when, still a puppy you could fit in your hand, that lil dog and his brother, took a dump in my pals shoes. Oh how we ( and by we, I mean I), laughed!

That reminds me of a little gem.
My 14 year old daughter brought her "posh" friend home from school one day. There was a loud crash as the dog came hurtling through the dog flap, ran up to my daughters posh friend, and desperately tried to attach the poop that was dangling from his bum by a hair, to her shoe!

Dogs are fantastic creatures, just wish I could be brave enough to get another one.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

That was wonderful. I have been reading all over the web lately articles relevant to actual scientific studies that say animals actially have a soul and/or are conscious of much more than originally thought...they have feelings and compassion and love in them. Can't think of link for such...may have read it at earthboppin.net or RMN or it may be googled. Anyway, I believe it. Love the animals....I even read that crows actually bury their dead and seem to have rituals/feelings for their departed. How grand. Hugs to you for sharing.

new topics
top topics

join