It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Apaches Kill a Platoon Of Taliban

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Kinda nice to see that we are fulfilling the wishes of Islamics by putting them on the fast train to Paradise, where all wishes will be granted. These people want Infidels dead, better them than us. Islam is a political organization not a religion, and should be dealt with as Hitlers Nazi's were dealt with. Of course, if you really support these nimrods, then send them a donation and I am sure they will send you a Daniel Pearl pocket knife. Adios Amigos. John

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

But being a soldier, someone you will never understand the perspective of, my position is and will always be; point a weapon at me or my soldiers, and get lead in the face. Whether it's from an Apache, my helicopter mounted machine gun, my M4, or my knife.

This line of thinking is completely valid once you are on the battlefield and from a militairy perspective. It is common sense.

Too bad it is the only line of thinking you are capable of.

What you need to understand is that the fact that troops are out there to get weapons pointed at them in the first place is the messed up thing. You have no business there, and after all these years this has become painfully clear to all but the most biased, misguided souls.

I understand you have to keep up the notion that you are actually doing usefull work and that your fallen comrades have died for a good cause.

Inevitably suicide gets brought up in military discussions by anti military folks. Not because you care about the cause of it, or because it worries you. But because you like to use it as a weapon. I think you like the fact that it is happening because it gives you another thing to beat us over the head with. Don't worry, you're not the only one who does this. I just think you guys hate us so much that if you can't see us die on the battlefield you'll take the next best thing.

When suicide rates are higher than combat fatalities it is a good indicator that soldiers are not all as content and proud as you are about what they have been doing.

I don´t think people are against "you", but against the notion that you guys are doing the right thing, and for our "freedom".

For a battle hardened veteran you sure are childishly naive.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GreatestOfAllTime

No ,actually ,I myself am an artist and I can read ,so you just insulted a great deal of people.
Some people CAN walk and chew gum. Our point is we know and you don't. Logic not withstanding,war is seldom a logical science it is organized chaos which we handle well.
Warriors aren't one trick ponies we have had to do the most wild acts in the history of mankind by creative thinking. Academicians don't have that flexibility they only know their books and education.
Officers attend college...although some appear to have lost something somewhere,usually ego based.
You have a preprogramed Hopliphobia that is unrealistic and 2 dimensional. Killing is another skill we have, one among many,the progs only see that one,and that is why they will loose.
We aren't the ones running things here( I don't think that is a good idea) you need to take it up with management .Cut me do I not bleed...
edit on 28-6-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: Finished my point

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Send these Apaches with their pilots to Syria so they can help the Syrian people against the brutal, savage, oppressive, murderous FSA rebel terrorist scum

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Looks like comprehensive reading is not one of the skillsets that are acquired in the militairy.

I didn´t blame or judge soldiers for their actions, I was saying how some are delusional thinking they are valiantly fighting for freedom.

Some might feel insulted, but the truth usually hurts.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

The 30mm (cannon; M230 "chain gun") is a bit of overkill on human targets (vs armored vehicles or aircraft) not to mention expensive (at those ranges .50 bmg is more than enough firepower).

edit on 28-6-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

First you insult my intelligence for not agreeing with your self righteous assertions of the mission in Afghanistan. And then you want to ascribe a cause for suicide among soldiers that isn't even remotely accurate.

The problem with you people is that you assume so much. You think you know what is really happening because you spend all your time on these issues looking for opinions that reinforce the Hollywood view you have of what I and other soldiers do.

You, and everyone here looking to castigate us for doing the job you wouldn't do even if your life depended on it have ZERO understanding of the dynamic involved both in war and in the lives of soldiers. You're clueless. You always will be, because YOU won't listen.

You just assume and take your preconceived notions as gospel.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

That was beautiful man, thanks for sharing it.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Won't make any difference .. you can't get rid of roaches ..they always come back!
And in the end ..you have to leave for your own health and well being ..

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

The 30mm (cannon; M230 "chain gun") is a bit of overkill on human targets (vs armored vehicles or aircraft) not to mention expensive (at those ranges .50 bmg is more than enough firepower).

edit on 28-6-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

I was thinking something similar while watching, when I noticed twice that hellfires were used on single Taliban members, not that I disagree and I guess when it comes to defending yourself and your fellow soldiers it doesn't matter how much the munitions cost, but 1 hellfire for 1 kill seems real expensive.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by tothetenthpower

News flash soldiers don't pick the war. Congress and the president do.
We are not diplomacy or foreign policy. We are the sword. There will always be a need for the sword.

Soldiers complete missions. That's it. Don't like it? There are 535 d-bags in Washington you could talk to.

War is a racket ......if you think Congress and the President direct policy your out of your mind!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

reply to post by peashooter

Its not the same,

The roles of the two aircraft are vastly different as explained above.

The journalists I was talking about were blown up by apaches, what's your point?

2 Children luckily escaped in the van, as the pilots laughed about how it drove over a body.

"come on, fire!" "keep shooting"

Wouldn't be surprised if I heard "yeehawww"

Originally posted by GreatestOfAllTime

Looks like comprehensive reading is not one of the skillsets that are acquired in the militairy.

I didn´t blame or judge soldiers for their actions, I was saying how some are delusional thinking they are valiantly fighting for freedom.

Some might feel insulted, but the truth usually hurts.

This.
edit on 28-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Who are you to tell a warrior how to act when taking lives? It's a tough thing to live with, however they cope with it is their business, I don't think it's any place of yours to tell them what is appropriate til you do what they do and see what they see day in and day out.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

These two incidents are not the same. The one you posted was a crime, the incident in the OP is a legitimate engagement.

I was discussing the roles of the drone vs. the role of the Apache.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Legitimate war, huh?

So you say...

"AAH, we're out of bullets, switching to nukes..."

Just_like_that.

I really wonder what their understanding of the "effects" of the uranium they are shooting in their missiles. How do they resolve that issue in their mind? Do they know what it is and how long lasting it is? They are careful to fire "well clear of friendlies", but do they know which way the wind is blowing? Does the drifting smoke enter in their factoring for "friendly fire"?

From their safe position many thousands of feet above the action they have little to fear about long term health effects. But they must be aware that American soldiers will be in the area, wandering around in their strike zones.

Their main gun is more an area weapon than a pinpoint tool. Ammo was depleted early in this engagement and they started killing a few individuals with their Hell Fire missiles straight away. Some engagements were one to one.

Both sides will pay a long term price for this easy employment of Depleted Uranium.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

First you insult my intelligence for not agreeing with your self righteous assertions of the mission in Afghanistan. And then you want to ascribe a cause for suicide among soldiers that isn't even remotely accurate.

The problem with you people is that you assume so much. You think you know what is really happening because you spend all your time on these issues looking for opinions that reinforce the Hollywood view you have of what I and other soldiers do.

You, and everyone here looking to castigate us for doing the job you wouldn't do even if your life depended on it have ZERO understanding of the dynamic involved both in war and in the lives of soldiers. You're clueless. You always will be, because YOU won't listen.

I've read about 4 posts from you in this topic and every single one of them has had an assumption about the person you were responding to in it...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I apologize if I insulted you. I was a bit harsh.

I also think it was not fair of me to suscribe all suicides to a bad conscience. I realize that PTSD, depression and such are just potential consequences of being in a war wether you did the right thing or not.

You may not believe me but I have great respect and admiration for any soldier. I know you guys will also be there to fight if there is in fact a just cause, and I support you because you are doing your jobs, and I also don´t have a real problem with Apaches picking of the Taliban, from a realistic standpoint, war is war.

But....at some point you have to be realistic and see it for what it is. What have these wars solved? More than half a million dead and even more hate against America and the countries are still not stable and they never were a real threat to the people of America in the first place.

Like I said I'm not out to bash you for doing your job.

And like any man I would fight for my loved ones and my country if there was a real need for it. You think you are the only one that can defend himself just because you are in the militairy? You think I need to be protected by you from those Taliban guys over there in Aghanistan?

Yes they suck but you are on their land and as long as you are on their land they will keep shooting at you.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

so if you and your countrymen are endangered, you won't hesitate to defend them, correct? could it be that these individuals, fighting for their HOMES, feel the same way?

there is no justification for MURDER. there is some justification for killing sometimes, nut never for murder. what do you expect these afghanis to do in the face of murder? we have no right to be there and killing those who are defending their homes is murder.

i don't care if those in the video were actively aggressive against US forces. they very well should be!!!

and you avoided the question about suicide and the army, instead just ignoring it to say it was something people used to attack soldiers, but why do you think this happens? is it because our soldiers feel so justified in what they are doing?
edit on 6/29/13 by godWhisperer because: grammar

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

Sorry but everything you said is based on a false belief that we are over there killing people and they are just defending their homes... fact is these soldiers don't fire until fired upon in most situations, they aren't just going house to house killing people, they are on patrols looking for armed insurgents. If you aren't an armed insurgent you won't get shot at. So any of these guys could have just stayed home and away from the US military patrols and they would be just b fine. Instead they decided to try to kill US soldiers cause they believe it will get them into heaven with 72 virgins. So it is purely their choice to die, and we are happy to oblige them.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

fact is these soldiers don't fire until fired upon in most situations, they aren't just going house to house killing people,

But they are still there in their country with weapons and taking control, of course they get fired upon.

So any of these guys could have just stayed home and away from the US military patrols and they would be just b fine.

But they are at home in their country and part of the world, it is the Americans that are away from home and have invaded their country.

Your bias is almost hilarious.

edit on 29-6-2013 by GreatestOfAllTime because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join