It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Apaches Kill a Platoon Of Taliban

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Looked like good clean kills to me, they even pulled away when they saw women and children. They were making sure the guys they were shooting were armed.. what more can you ask of a military? Yes it's sad people have to lose their lives, but they are the ones who chose to take up arms against us, that's what happens in war. They could have chose to stay home with their wives and children and still be alive... but in their sick culture somehow dying like this gets them virgins in heaven... Looked like clean and moral killing to me, sad but true.
edit on 6/27/2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Wait. Aren't Taliban forces part of the rebel forces against the Syrian regime? But but but...aren't we delivering them weapons ?

Oh...right. That's in Syria. That's where the good Taliban live. These Afghani Taliban forces are a whole different ball game.

For a moment there...I thought I was confused.

Good catch.
Were killin em in one country and were arming the ones that run to Syria to help their "brothers" there all the while the Arms Contractors and Politicians Toast it up from their arm chairs laughing all the way.

We came, we saw, they died - Hilariously Evil Cackle

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Fair enough Ewok.

I agree with you on the stupidity of war in general, senseless killing for vain wars designed to oppress and supress by people who would never actually go to war themselves, it is sick. But I am thankful for those who choose to fight on my behalf today serving in the US armed forces, I would be a terrible soldier.

God Bless,

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

First, the biggest enemy our soldiers have is themselves, apparently, granted that suicide vastly overshadows combat related deaths in Afghanistan. So congratulations on choosing permanent psychological damage and depression over defending your homeland. Sure is great being a pawn to a system that could give a rat's ass about you, ain't it?

Second, there shouldn't be any us or them dynamic at play; we shouldn't be there. The only reason they are fighting us is that we've invaded their homeland. Hurp durp, that means if we leave, we won't have to deal with them anymore. Of course, that raises the question of which country is going to have their bitch-boy soldiers oversee the Afghan poppy fields and rake in the money from the heroin trade, but that's another issue in and of itself.

If you're going to respond with more nonsense about picking our soldiers and our immoral cause over theirs, don't bother because my point is clearly lost on you.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

More than 1/3 of the suicides last year were military personnel that were never deployed, last year is also the first year suicides surpassed KIA rates, and only by 75 or so... so I don't see how that hugely overshadows combat deaths. They chose suicide over asking for help, hardly a brave or admirable way to die, however the opposite can be said of those who died in combat. You're right, your point is lost on me, cause I struggle to see one at all in your post.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
redacted
edit on 27-6-2013 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

'If we leave we don't have to deal with them any more"... Please,someone teach this guy history.
Heres the quick recap.
We have been doing bad things in many places in SECRET sincethe 50s, now we have made enemies there.
There being africa,the middle east and South America.
China wants us to fall so they can create Chung Quo and Russia didn't fall they regrouped.
An entire religion regards YOU and me as Satanic and has been killing since the 70s( In case you missed something back then)
Now we have a weird bloodthirsty progressive who MAY not even be from this country who hates the US as colonialists and appears to be emplimenting a process called "Clower and Piven, who also hapens to be the president he is also using skin color as shield because who really needs to give a flying f##k what color the skin is either you are or are not an a##hole.
This thread is about making those who fight for you look bad in order to weaken the miitary ,it sure won't do a damn thing to stop those who create these little jaunts but it goes a long way to harm the military.Thus more Clower and Piven.

Did I miss anything?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Text Redreply to post by projectvxn

Much respect for you. Thank you for keeping me safe. In my opinion if we don't stop them at their house then we're gonna have to stop them at ours. I myself don't like it when they come to our house. I appreciate you and the men and women (including my husband) who serve with you.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Its us or them.

You're the one who invaded their country.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost
Looked like good clean kills to me, they even pulled away when they saw women and children. They were making sure the guys they were shooting were armed.. what more can you ask of a military? Yes it's sad people have to lose their lives, but they are the ones who chose to take up arms against us, that's what happens in war. They could have chose to stay home with their wives and children and still be alive... but in their sick culture somehow dying like this gets them virgins in heaven... Looked like clean and moral killing to me, sad but true.
edit on 6/27/2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: (no reason given)

They took up arms against us? What did you think they were going to do when we invaded their country for no reason?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

From the heading of this " Thread ", I thought some native americans were kicking someones butt
again.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
My son is in the military...USAF...I pray he makes it safely through these awful times...I could only watch a few seconds of video...no comment

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by Miracula

It's there society/religion,who are we to force change upon them?

That's a two way street. September 11th didn't leave us with much choice.

But you don't see moderate Islamic states forcing their religion upon us. Afghanistan is not Al-Quaeda or the Taliban. And we aren't the only nation to have fought radicals who don't represent Afghanistan. Russia was doing the same job 20 years ago. And we fought against Russia in Afghanistan by using the Mujahadeen who the Afghan gov't was trying to oust from their country by inviting the Russian army.

The Taliban do not wear a military uniform. They do not represent any sovereign state that has declared a lawful war.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Swatting flies with sledge hammers. In their world, it's the lowest form of cowardice to attack someone from behind, at night.

Some even call what we just saw "war". Swarms of attack helicopters with night vision firing "Hell Fire" (Depeleted Uranium) guided missiles against people walking (or hiding) with "pop guns".

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Do I agree with the Mission in Afghanistan? Yes.

Whats that mission? To kill Usama Bin Laden? Wait...

911 pilots were almost all from Saudi Arabia and so... we attacked Afghanistan. Wait...

These "Movers" (the pilots refer to all undead as "movers"), were defending their homeland from some American ground units coming into their "hood". Like the pilots said, there are women and children in the tents.

Do me a favor and stop saying you are defending us from them. Its the other way around. They are defending from you. Till the day you leave.

Then we'll see how many "terrorists" we have left in our wake. And you better hope they don't find some way to get over here because of what you have done. You aren't defending US, you are in fact endangering US.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

Looked like clean and moral killing to me,

You call splattering people with 30 mm shells "clean"? I love the language military indoctrinated people use.

It was a "good" "kill".

A "Clean" kill.

A "moral" killing.

Side by side opposing meanings. Why cage it in pleasantries? Why justify it with benign or euphemistic language?

If its okay, just do what many do on the scene... "Ha Ha, we wasted the F***ers!"

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The truth about what has been going on in the middle east since Desert Storm on up until what is happening now going on in Afghanistan is going to haunt a lot of those that have been subjected to the slaughtering on both sides until they die early due to guilt and stress or take there own lives.... Prescribed medication, alcohol and illegal drugs will claim others..... They can also expect numerous failed marriages due to not being employable being distant and withdrawn and exhibiting violent behavior as well as numerous hospitalizations on VA Psychiatric units... I have been seeing this happen to my generation of combat veterans for the last 45 years... I had my medication last night and have still been unable to sleep just like I haven't for years.... I don't think we were as damaged by the brainwashing we received as the guys who's bodies and souls have been in the more recent wars paid for with blood spilled by those that were also caught up in all of the lies and unwarranted patriotism and those who they were sent off to maim and kill in third world countries by the soulless financial elitist that profit from the misery of others.... We are dying off at a much higher rate than any other segment of the population, just as today's Vets will before all of us are in the ground...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Your point isn't lost on me. I fully understand it, I just don't agree with it and that drives you crazy.. If I had it my way I would direct JSOC to conduct coordinated anti-terrorist operations. I would direct Federal LE anti-terror units to go after AQ and their affiliates. I would not commit an expensive military force to go fight them.

But being a soldier, someone you will never understand the perspective of, my position is and will always be; point a weapon at me or my soldiers, and get lead in the face. Whether it's from an Apache, my helicopter mounted machine gun, my M4, or my knife.

Inevitably suicide gets brought up in military discussions by anti military folks. Not because you care about the cause of it, or because it worries you. But because you like to use it as a weapon. I think you like the fact that it is happening because it gives you another thing to beat us over the head with. Don't worry, you're not the only one who does this. I just think you guys hate us so much that if you can't see us die on the battlefield you'll take the next best thing.

edit on 28-6-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I don't see what the problem is...

You have Apache choppers, manned by people who could make a clear decision (not computer software), eliminating a group of people who want to do nothing but cause violence, destruction, disempower women and lower intelligence.

These Taliban are worthless. Utterly and completely and serve NO USEFUL PURPOSE to anyone. Leaving them to their own devices means they gain power and then take over Afghanistan and again reduce it to a country of draconian stupidity and backwards social reform.

No, we don't need them. We need them gone. And that's what the Apache choppers were doing. I only feel bad fro the donkeys. I don;t like seeing animals harmed. Only people.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaded123
Text Redreply to post by projectvxn

Much respect for you. Thank you for keeping me safe. In my opinion if we don't stop them at their house then we're gonna have to stop them at ours. I myself don't like it when they come to our house. I appreciate you and the men and women (including my husband) who serve with you.

Last time I checked Afghaistan, Iraq ,Syria and Iran do not have Aircraft carriers or projection capability in any way nor the means to build such things. So unless they can cross the sea undetected in rowing boats they wont be knocking on your doors.

As for the terroists? Invadeing a enitire country does not work! It cant work! It will just breed resentment and make more terroists! Best way to combat them is through special forces strikes and air strikes ect Not full out invasion.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join