It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Apaches Kill a Platoon Of Taliban

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Yep. Us or them. Give me a choice between my soldiers and the Taliban I will pick my soldiers every time.

you assume the two are mutually exclusive, then act with righteous indignation. our presence in the middle east causes the conflict.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Funny. In the video I saw positioning toward the north against the SF group. I saw flanking attempts by broken away elements. I saw continued threats by emplaced weapons. I love it when people who dont know what they're looking at think they can tell us what they're looking at.

oh that's rich. *invade a country* "they're defending themselves! it's a sign of aggression, fire ze missiles!"

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

What would you have them do? Let the SF elements be ambushed and killed?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Yes of course.

I forget how innocent the Taliban is.
I forget how many people on ATS
Know what legitimate engagement looks like.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

What would you have them do? Let the SF elements be ambushed and killed?

leave the country, though your superiors have no interest in peace so i do not think we'll see that happening.

Yes of course. I forget how innocent the Taliban is. I forget how many people on ATS Know what legitimate engagement looks like.

no more innocent than the u.s.

are you aware of what we did in panama? do you notice any similarities between the middle eastern conflict and panama?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

What does Panama have to do with the legitimate engagement of enemy forces in Afghanistan?

Also we didnt nation build in Panama. And really wish we hadn't in Afghanistan.
edit on 27-6-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by buster2010

Is that what it implies?

Or are you just inferring that because you want to pick a fight?

Sorry not interested.

What else would we had to leave empty handed would imply? Pointing out where you are wrong is no fight just facts.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

Originally posted by luciddream
They are killing people like they are playing video games. sick.

And chopping off girls noses for their greed isn't sick?

Sometimes there is pride and honor in killing when it protects young girls from monsters.

Who are the monsters?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

reply to post by buster2010

Yes...George Washington University is known for being a propaganda machine.

You're right, the Taliban are a shining example of good in the world.

Show where I said the Taliban was an example of good in the world. And if you had paid attention to what is going on Hillary cried we are losing the propaganda war. But not with you huh?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

What does Panama have to do with the legitimate engagement of enemy forces in Afghanistan?

"i will make it legal" - emperor palpatine.

Also we didnt nation build in Panama. And really wish we hadn't in Afghanistan.

this statement is so laughably absurd that the world's most humorless man would guffaw himself to death if he heard that.

roosevelt funded and supported rebels who staged a coup to install themselves as the leaders of the country because the former leaders didn't want the panama canal to be built.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
The Apaches fighting the Taliban isn't really even war its shooting fish in barrel.
I stopped watching these Apache kill Taliban vids because I have seen them before. what put me off them was seeing a donkey get hell fired.

These videos are interesting because they specifically show "shooting fish in a barrel" and the mental state of these "warriors". They were unleashing hell right on the tent encampment that they knew contained women and children. Want to bet there are shrapnel holes in some of those tents, and possibly some civilians bodies?

These videos also indicates that other world governments have decided to leave these people to be victimized by US forces. Otherwise, the resistance would be using manpads/sams, nightvision and other technology.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
So many things went through my head while watching this: Glad they didn't strafe the tents, there could have been women and children in them. - Holy S***! What if there was a civil war and that was some of us down there? - Please don't hit the horses please don't hit the horses. - What really got me was, at one point, there was guy squatting beside a tent, after that 30 mm gun hit him, there was nothing left but chunks scattered on the ground.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
5 pages of nothing but bashing.

Are the Taliban great guys?
No they aren't. The horrific things done in the name of religion that they do is bad

Are we Americans perfect. No we aren't. But I don't think we are anywhere near as bad as the Taliban.

This is a war and people die. And it's unfortunate.

Maybe we should ask the Taliban for a cease fire.
But I'd doubt they'd honor it.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
A couple bits of reality to dash on this America-Roast before it gets too out of hand.

First of all, the Afghanistan people have been at various levels of civil war since around the time the Soviets crossed the border and invaded them the first time around. That was over 30 years ago. Almost 10 of the last 20 were spent without our help since we pretty much told the Northern Alliance (The good side of the revolution in the 80's) to fend for themselves and best of luck with it. They've been in brutal civil war since the Taliban took control starting around 1996. It was scattered warlords before that. So war was something generations of that nation have now grown up on.

People who suggest we started the fighting there or that our leaving will end it (it'll intensify it, if anything) are simply ignorant of both factual recorded history and the U.S. Role (and lack of one) in it. The roots, founders and money support behind the Taliban is all public and was openly reported back then. Many recall that. Those people were never U.S. Allies.

This is the only video I'm linking to on Taliban atrocities (Youtube has dozens more graphic and diverse) as it's the one CNN and most media have been showing since it happened in the Stadium at Kabul, during Taliban rule. There are much much worse with more recent prisoners murdered many at a time. The Taliban really hates Pakistan, so it would seem. At least they apparently keep our guys alive as POW's to bargain. They just shoot the Pakistani's outright.

Anyway, this was discipline for an Afghani Woman. Notice the casual milling atmosphere of the place. Since all music and other forms of distraction were banned, this passed as entertainment to at least some.

I can see where and how some would say the U.S. Military has fallen far in recent years as much as any time. However, to feel sorry for the Taliban is hopelessly misplaced, as the best thing I can say. These are the people the AFGHANI'S spent many years trying to defeat on their own, before we got there with our own agenda. (At least a good % of them were)

There is also one big difference between our side and theirs. We have prisons to put our guys who snap and become animals. It happens in every war. See any Taliban prisons for it? They celebrate the one's on their side.....those who don't martyr themselves, of course. Their family gets the celebration then.

Then there was the cultural OUTRAGE and they had absolutely no right to do this. The Buddhas were a true and properly recognized Wonder of the World for Gods sake....but they obliterated 1,500+ year old wonders because they felt personally offended.

The video is worth the watch ...but for those who seem to think the Taliban and Al Qaeda had no connection, you see them in an open meeting, debating the fate of the Buddhas within the second minute of the video above. This wasn't at all secret or hidden at the time and news covered it. It was just in the late 90's for the most part and that's like ancient history or something to people now.

One final thing I figured worth noting and sharing. This isn't a U.S. effort in Afghanistan. Or, I should say, it isn't JUST a U.S. effort. We carry the troop burden but then, we always have going clear back to Korea on international efforts. While being mad at the US, be sure to include England, Australia, Germany, France, Italy, Poland and many others. Many Many others...

International Roster and Recent Troop Numbers for ISAF / Afghan Coalition Forces

There is plenty of blame to hand around and many nations all took a good part in making this disaster happen. Lets not talk like it was a one nation show when those who helped make it all are still there, under their national flags and sharing space in the Combat zone with everyone else to see and be counted. Not all are on offensive operations, but none in that list are red cross or peace corps members either.

Plenty of blame to go around and LOTS of reasons to cut and leave before they're shooting at our retreating columns, like they did the Soviets.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
While being mad at the US, be sure to include England, Australia, Germany, France, Italy, Poland and many others. Many Many others...

O us Brits are just as mad at our own goverment if anything they should have known better seeing as we have had our asses kicked there 3 times already

And I hate the Taliban, they are evil scum. But its not our country and hsitory has shown no one can tame Afghanistan, everyone who has ever tried has been chewed up and spat out.

edit on 27-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Yes, you're right of course. It's surprising how many of us agree on some of the very basic issues, if not everything else. That is a black hole for all who have gone there for centuries worth of history. Just bad ju ju and always has been.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

reply to post by IvanAstikov

Funny. In the video I saw positioning toward the north against the SF group.

I saw flanking attempts by broken away elements.

I saw continued threats by emplaced weapons.

I love it when people who dont know what they're looking at think they can tell us what they're looking at.

A massacre is a massacre in anyones language pal......we can see as well as you......
Those talibans werent given the chance to surrender were they?
Its pretty sickening to watch primitive peoples cut down by technology they never even knew existed.....regardless of who they are.
Who knows? One day all the lethal # will be comming home to be used on us.
First the drones, then later the Apaches....youll sing a new song then.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Excuse me Wrabbit Sir>
Yo forgot to mention us Cccanadians....you know yer northern bros in arms?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Before you judge a soldier, please take a minute and walk in his shoes. It's easy for a civi to judge when all he has to do is watch TV. It's easy when turning off the TV is as aggresive as you can get when you see a young girl with her face burned off, a wife killed because she wants to learn, a young girl raped by her brother because she wasn't wearing her vail....

To be a soldier, a warrior means more than just protecting your country, your freedom, your rights....It means to do the same for those that can not, those that have no voice, no power and no freedom. Selfishness will bring you nowhere, sharing your power with the oppressed, trying to bring true freedom to those that long for it is what a true soldier does.

Now, to those civilians....If you can't/won't serve....That's fine, I understand....But please stop accusing the warrior, stop making him like that bad guy and respect what he does for the freedom of those that NEED it.

Peace out !

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nuke2013
Before you judge a soldier, please take a minute and walk in his shoes. It's easy for a civi to judge when all he has to do is watch TV. It's easy when turning off the TV is as aggresive as you can get when you see a young girl with her face burned off, a wife killed because she wants to learn, a young girl raped by her brother because she wasn't wearing her vail....

To be a soldier, a warrior means more than just protecting your country, your freedom, your rights....It means to do the same for those that can not, those that have no voice, no power and no freedom. Selfishness will bring you nowhere, sharing your power with the oppressed, trying to bring true freedom to those that long for it is what a true soldier does.

Now, to those civilians....If you can't/won't serve....That's fine, I understand....But please stop accusing the warrior, stop making him like that bad guy and respect what he does for the freedom of those that NEED it.

Peace out !

I dont think many are blamming the soilder. They are angry at the politicans who put you there. And wonder why?

History has shown that you cant tame these places especialy Afgahistan. Does not matter how much power you have and what your advantage is. If you go into these barbaric places you wont win.

Rather than killing the bad guys it may just be best to evacuate the good guys and girls trapped there and offer then refuse in a better country.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join