It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second IRS staffer pleads the Fifth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Second IRS staffer pleads the Fifth

www.politico.com

A second IRS employee summoned to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee invoked the Fifth Amendment on Wednesday and refused to answer questions — a flashback to Lois Lerner, who did the same during a hearing on the agency’s scandal last month.
Gregory Roseman, who worked as a deputy director of acquisitions at the IRS, exercised his constitutional rights when Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) started interrogating him about panel findings that he helped a friend procure potentially $500 million worth of IRS contracts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
washingtonexaminer.com
hotair.com
edit on 26-6-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yes, aside from political group targeting and outrageously lavish and irresponsible spending of taxpayer dollars, this is yet another investigation into wrongdoing by the IRS.

This involves internal favoritism involving awarding of government (IRS) contracts, however, it reflects one more example that the IRS is quickly becoming a renegade government agency, which disregards the rules and public perception where it's own interests are concerned.

As these investigations and lawsuits continue to move forward, ALL of the IRS's potential crimes will eventually be unearthed, hopefully with the end result that the American people will finally see that it is beyond reform...and desperately in need of replacement (IMO).

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Replacement? Why not abolish it outright, the IRS is nothing but a scam to begin with.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

One word. RICO.

Take them all down as an organized criminal enterprise.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Absolute power corrupts...absolutely.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I love the whole, "it's not illegal when we do it" attitude of banks and government agencies. And when finally held accountable they plead the fifth.

Dear lord...

Someone better create another agency to deal with these fools.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Here is the video:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 26-6-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
What po's me the most is the IRS is now doing your healthcare.

While I have contempt for pleading the 5th I have more contempt for that entire organization.

Abolish the income tax
Abolish the IRS

Get rid of that gestapo and stop holding it over our heads.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Here is a thing about the IRS: it is a completely unneeded agency. Taxes can be levied and collected at the point of transaction with such ease that there is no reason for the annual rigamarole. The only reason the IRS stays in existence is if taxes were collected at the point of transaction, all loopholes would shut.

Of course, having a "credit" system would fix that, as your tax status could be inlaid in your card. Convenient, of course.

All that other stuff aside, however....the abuses of the IRS are wholly needless. To understand how to pay your taxes requires you pony up a wad of cash to become a tax accountant. That isn't the common sense, accessible system that was founded in this nation. It is purposefully confusing and morosely complex. As a denizen of the US, my first complaint is with the IRS and the way we are taxed. Take my money, but don't make me run through a maze before I can give it to you.

ETA: matter of fact, I would go one further. I would say that no matter what, I would vote for the candidate that would get rid of the IRS and replace it with a transaction tax of some sort that yields roughly the same results. Handle the non profits via tax credit forms where they are reimbursed monthly or something if need be. I bet it could be made even easier than that, though.

I would even be willing to fist fight a bear 1 time a week for the rest of my life if it meant saving humanity from the IRS.
edit on 26-6-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It is their right. To claim that you support this nation and its constitution for the right to buy a gun for blowing away wildlife yet somehow the 5th doesn't apply to someone on trial, no matter how distasteful you find them, is self-serving.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

But, they can't - or won't - abolish the IRS - it's the way they steal our money.

I can foresee a WW3 scenario, or an outright invasion of our country, before they get rid of the IRS.

The global markets are crashing - I see the inevitable worst things for our country soon - perpetrated by TPTB.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
These two guys smack golf ball together on the weekends and then one awards the other with a multi million dollar contract to make PC's for the IRS the next week.

Then they meet back up the next weekend for another round on the back 9 and some wine....

How these two guys still draw a paycheck from the people blows my mind...

They colluded together and committed tax fraud... AND THEY WORK FOR THE IRS...

These are CRIMINALS ... PERIOD

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I would even be willing to fist fight a bear 1 time a week for the rest of my life if it meant saving humanity from the IRS.

Well, you might only have to do it once...
depending upon the bear.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by teachtaire
It is their right. To claim that you support this nation and its constitution for the right to buy a gun for blowing away wildlife yet somehow the 5th doesn't apply to someone on trial, no matter how distasteful you find them, is self-serving.

I guess you can plead the fifth all you want since its not a criminal lawsuit. It just shows they have lots to hide from the investigative commitee. The attorney general himself is part of the illuminati racket and blocking justice every chance he gets. The media is complicit as well.

The whole thing will eventually explode on them, probably sooner rather than later.

edit on 27/6/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
And this is only what makes the news. This is everywhere in the gov't.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
So when the IRS sends me a letter saying I need to pay my taxes by a certain day, can I just send a letter back telling them I plead the fifth?

I mean, fairs fair, right?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

I don't think you understand what you are talking about.

The people on this site aren't the most stable bunch, don't give them any bad ideas that may, quite literally, ruin someones life.

Trolling is fine, but #ty legal advice is not.

top topics

join